What's new

Life in Sakhalin on Tokyo TV

Don't listen to @Nihonjin1051 Join the USAF instead, they have air-conditioned offices and a golf course on most bases. Actually though, do listen to Nihonjin and serve your nation, with your knowledge at such a young age, you will be a great asset to the US military and will learn skills that will help you for the rest of your life.

ha ha ha! You know me, man. Navy all the way. ;)

On a serious note tho, young Mr. @AMDR , you are a citizen of one of the greatest nations in the earth. You have at your disposal many resources and opportunities. If you do decide to join the Armed Forces, be it Air Force, Navy, Army --- whatever you heart decides, after your service, the United States Armed Forces has what is called the GI Bill. It pays up to $150,000 for college education. I have some students in my class that i teach right now whom are reservists in the US Army national guard, and their college education are paid for through this GI Bill. :)

ha ha ha! You know me, man. Navy all the way. ;)

On a serious note tho, young Mr. @AMDR , you are a citizen of one of the greatest nations in the earth. You have at your disposal many resources and opportunities. If you do decide to join the Armed Forces, be it Air Force, Navy, Army --- whatever you heart decides, after your service, the United States Armed Forces has what is called the GI Bill. It pays up to $150,000 for college education. I have some students in my class that i teach right now whom are reservists in the US Army national guard, and their college education are paid for through this GI Bill. :)

Don't listen to @Nihonjin1051 Join the USAF instead, they have air-conditioned offices and a golf course on most bases. Actually though, do listen to Nihonjin and serve your nation, with your knowledge at such a young age, you will be a great asset to the US military and will learn skills that will help you for the rest of your life.

Thank you! Since a very young age I have had an interest in Naval systems, specifically the ones in the USN. I do plan to join the USN, but I am conflicted in which rate I should try to go for. I was thinking OS or CTT, but i am not sure.

Thank you! Since a very young age I have had an interest in Naval systems, specifically the ones in the USN. I do plan to join the USN, but I am conflicted in which rate I should try to go for. I was thinking OS or CTT, but i am not sure.

If you like math, and are good at it, then CT would be an option to look into. Cryptological... well, anything, involves a lot of pattern analysis. Part of my job in EMSEC involved CT. If your looking for a future (after the navy) job with computers or programming than I would suggest CTN which involves offensive and defense cyber security, thought the USAF would be better than the Navy as they are the US military's cyber defense arm. My dad was in EP and worked on many of the countermeasures still on ships, though I never had too much of an interest in this. If you know of want to know a foreign language than CTI is your choice. CT has a lot of specialties including CTT, take a good hard look as the skills you learn will be invaluable for your life outside the military.

If you like math, and are good at it, then CT would be an option to look into. Cryptological... well, anything, involves a lot of pattern analysis. Part of my job in EMSEC involves CT. If your looking for a future (after the navy) job with computers or programming than I would suggest CTN which involves offensive and defense cyber security, thought the USAF would be better than the Navy as they are the US military's cyber defense arm. My dad was in EP and worked on many of the countermeasures still on ships, though I never had too much of an interest in this. If you know of want to know a foreign language than CTI is your choice. CT has a lot of specialties including CTT, take a good hard look as the skills you learn will be invaluable for your life outside the military.
Thank you for your insight and help. I was thinking of going in for 20 years, get out, get pension, then using my skills to get job in a government agency or contractor.

With the oil boom, Sakhalin experienced economic development. I am pretty sure that trade between Russia and Japan would greatly increased development more.
keep in mind this wealth wouldnt have gone to the people if Putin wouldnt have confiscating Western Assets in Sakhalin.

But anyways it proves once resources are found and buyer is there any Russian region in the far east can become just as prosperous as Moscow. If Russia builds its gas infrastructure to supply china in the far east the entire Russian far east could replicate Sakhalins success

gas5.jpg

@vostok @Beidou2020 @TaiShang @ChineseTiger1986

Last edited:
I can't help but feel honored by Senheiser's tagging my in this post..

Looks like he has finally tired of pinging me with every anti-American story he can dig up.with Google.
Check out the 3 pages of history:
Search Results for Query: peter c

So if he has singled you out as my replacement (or maybe you are just being appended) expect a strange ride .

Oh if you are wondering about my signature...you can thank him.
Ferguson Police Open Fire Into Peaceful Protest, America is a Dictatorship

Last edited:

Looks like he has finally tired of pinging me with every anti-American story he can dig up.with Google.
Check out the 3 pages of history:
Search Results for Query: peter c

So if he has singled you out as my replacement (or maybe you are just being appended) expect a strange ride .

Oh if you are wondering about my signature...you can thank him.
Ferguson Police Open Fire Into Peaceful Protest, America is a Dictatorship

Sir, I seem to have lost the TeamUSA thread link? Is that thread in the America Section or in the Members Section?

Sakhalin, the melting pot of Russian and Japanese culture. Am I right? 8-)

Team USA

Oh and ahem....I expect @AMDR and @SvenSvensonov to browse through it (or else I start calling you commies :-))

I may never post anything in the thread, though I probably will, but like LeveragedBuyout's regular world and US economic and finance news, I check up on the latest postings in the Team USA thread with regularity. Fear not my friend I'm no Commie:usflag:

please keep conversation on thresd topic, thanx. You may open new thread to talk about US army admission.

I may never post anything in the thread, though I probably will, but like LeveragedBuyout's regular world and US economic and finance news, I check up on the latest postings in the Team USA thread with regularity. Fear not my friend I'm no Commie:usflag:

lol! 'MERICA!

Btw that video link you posted , theme song has been stuck in my mind since last night.

This is why I love PDF. Friendly and knowledgeable people coming together and sharing their views on diverse and complex topics. Im 15 and I have been on PDF only 3 weeks yet I have learned so much from your insight, @Nihonjin1051 @SvenSvensonov .Seriously, Thank you both.

We're both from the same generation hahaha

Back
Top Bottom