What's new

Life in Sakhalin on Tokyo TV

Sakhalin Island is a beautiful land, historically, it was old fishing grounds of the Ainu people. There is a strong Japanese cultural imprint in Sakhalin, especially Southern Sakhalin, because it was once part of the Empire of Japan.

Anyways here some pictures of Sakhalin Island. ;) :victory1:

Native Japanese Ainu still live in Sakhalin Island :)

RUS03108-Nivhki-tribals,-early-inhabitants-of-Sakhalin-Island,-historic-photos-from-Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk-Museum,-Sakhalin-Island,-Russian-Far-East.%7C13825.jpg

RUS03109-Ainu-Tribals,-early-inhabitants-of-Sakhalin-Island,-Historic-Photos-From-Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk-Museum-Sakhalin-Island,-Russian-Far-East.%7C13826.jpg

AinuMosir2008.jpg

2936972847_12d8bbd394_bau.jpg

interesting videos from japanese TV about Life in Sakhalin, i dont understand anything but it seems life there is heavily improving

List of federal subjects of Russia by GDP per capita - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

@Nihonjin1051 @SvenSvensonov @LeveragedBuyout @Viet
@Cossack25A1

I won't pretend that my Japanese comprehension is anything other than primitive, but the first video seems to detail how much life has improved over the last 10 years (look how much it's like Japan, with kaitenzushi restaurants, malls, video arcades, etc.). The second video talks about how this improvement was made possible by the development of Sakhalin's natural gas resources, which are then shipped to Japan. Sakhalin is close to Japan, which makes it a convenient source, and Japan is consuming more of it over time, which in turn seems to be helping Sakhalin.

I think.

Anyway, interesting videos. Thanks.

I won't pretend that my Japanese comprehension is anything other than primitive, but the first video seems to detail how much life has improved over the last 10 years (look how much it's like Japan, with kaitenzushi restaurants, malls, video arcades, etc.). The second video talks about how this improvement was made possible by the development of Sakhalin's natural gas resources, which are then shipped to Japan. Sakhalin is close to Japan, which makes it a convenient source, and Japan is consuming more of it over time, which in turn seems to be helping Sakhalin.

I think.

Anyway, interesting videos. Thanks.

Sou desu ! :tup:

With the oil boom, Sakhalin experienced economic development. I am pretty sure that trade between Russia and Japan would greatly increased development more.

Sou desu ! :tup:

My limited Japanese tells me that "Sou desu" means "looks like"... I hope:D. Swedish (I'm not sure if people can tell by my name that I'm a proud Swede... and American) and English are my languages of proficiency, but I can't help but feel honored by Senheiser's tagging my in this post. My Americanism must be getting to him enough that he feels it necessary to tag me whenever something pro-Russian, anti-west occurs. I feel so honored:yahoo:. Still don't know what the hell was going on in the videos though.

With the oil boom, Sakhalin experienced economic development. I am pretty sure that trade between Russia and Japan would greatly increased development more.

Russia Proposes Building Gas Pipeline to Japan, Report Says | Business | The Moscow Times

:-)

My limited Japanese tells me that "Sou desu" means "looks like"... I hope:D. Swedish (I'm not sure if people can tell by my name that I'm a proud Swede... and American) and English are my languages of proficiency, but I can't help but feel honored by Senheiser's tagging my in this post. My Americanism must be getting to him enough that he feels it necessary to tag me whenever something pro-Russian, anti-west occurs. I feel so honored:yahoo:. Still don't know what the hell was going on in the videos though.

Swedish!? So you're fram sveden? ha ha ha! Its good to see more and more Americans joining this forum. I'm pleasured to be friends with very intelligent American posters here such as @LeveragedBuyout , @Peter C , @F-22Raptor , @gambit , @TruthSeeker , @AMDR and now you @SvenSvensonov !

Russia Proposes Building Gas Pipeline to Japan, Report Says | Business | The Moscow Times

:-)

Swedish!? So you're fram sveden? ha ha ha! Its good to see more and more Americans joining this forum. I'm pleasured to be friends with very intelligent American posters here such as @LeveragedBuyout , @Peter C , @F-22Raptor , @gambit , @TruthSeeker , @AMDR and now you @SvenSvensonov !

Actually yes, I am a native Swede... it's a strange story. I was raise in the US for about the last 28 of my 28 years of life, but I was born in Sweden thanks to my Moms inability, and unwillingness, to take time off work for maternity leave... or anything for that matter. She's always been the kind of person that hates to leave things pilling up on her desk, and thus has to do everything either early or at least on time. Well, she had a trip to meet with some clients in Sweden, followed up with trips to Norway and the UK (which never happened) and didn't want to postpone them for my sake. On the trip I was born. While I may be nationalistically Swedish, I am more American than anything else, culturally anyways as my family are also of Swedish descent.

Last edited:
Actually yes, I am a native Swede... it's a strange story. I was raise in the US for about the last 28 of my 28 years of life, but I was born in Sweden thanks to my Moms inability, and unwillingness, to take time off work for maternity leave... or anything for that matter. She's always been the kind of person that hates to leave thing pilling up on her desk, and thus has to do everything either early or at least on time. Well, she had a trip to meet with some clients in Sweden, followed up with trips to Norway and the UK (which never happened) and didn't want to postpone them for my sake. On the trip I was born. While I may be nationalistically Swedish, I am more American than anything else, culturally anyways as my family are also of Swedish descent.

One of the beauty of America is that people here come from different nations , cultures. Anyways, I'm pleasured to meet you a fellow naval personnel. Btw, we're the same age. I'm also 28. ;)

One of the beauty of America is that people here come from different nations , cultures. Anyways, I'm pleasured to meet you a fellow naval personnel. Btw, we're the same age. I'm also 28. ;)

Still so young, but cursed wasting away our good years in school :mad:. It'll pay off when you and I are done with our doctoral studies, but in the mean time I have found myself over the past several days being too busy to even check my phone. Curse my job, studies, not my girlfriend, but most other things! I too am honored to converse with another Navy man. PDF has a lot of people that like military affairs, but have little experience or knowledge beyond what they read on the internet. You and I can bring a bit of credibility to ease the hearsay that is so present here. Well met, though it's a bit of delayed hello given you and I have already been conversing for the week I have been here on PDF. That technicality aside I say thank you for your generous welcome and may our future conversations be both positive, constructive and educational for the denizens of PDF.

Last edited:
Still so young, but cursed wasting away our good years in school :mad:. It'll pay off when you and I are done with our doctoral studies, but in the mean time I have found myself over the past several days being too busy to even check my phone. Curse my job, studies, not my girlfriend, but most other things! I too am honored to converse with another Navy man. PDF has a lot of people that like military affairs, but have little experience or knowledge beyond what they read on the internet. You and I can bring a bit of credibility to ease the hearsay that is so present here. Well met, though it's a bit of delayed hello given you and I have already been conversing for the week I have been here on PDF. That technicality aside I say thank you for your generous welcome and may our future conversations be both positive, constructive and educational for the denizens of PDF.

The pleasure is mine, buddy. And about our studies, well, we have to always give self-reinforcement, lol. Sending positive vibes and positive thoughts your way. See you in the battlefield (PDF discussions), lol!

PDF has a lot of people that like military affairs, but have little experience or knowledge beyond what they read on the internet. You and I can bring a bit of credibility to ease the hearsay that is so present here. Well met, though it's a bit of delayed hello given you and I have already been conversing for the week I have been here on PDF. That technicality aside I say thank you for your generous welcome and may our future conversations be both positive, constructive and educational for the denizens of PDF.
This is why I love PDF. Friendly and knowledgeable people coming together and sharing their views on diverse and complex topics. Im 15 and I have been on PDF only 3 weeks yet I have learned so much from your insight, @Nihonjin1051 @SvenSvensonov .Seriously, Thank you both.

This is why I love PDF. Friendly and knowledgeable people coming together and sharing their views on diverse and complex topics. Im 15 and I have been on PDF only 3 weeks yet I have learned so much from your insight, @Nihonjin1051 @SvenSvensonov .Seriously, Thank you both.

You're only 15? You've posted very well written thoughts in the threads that I've seen you active in. I also hope that someday you will honor your great nation , perhaps, in serving the Armed Forces like the United States Navy ! :)

See you around, young padawan !

Don't listen to @Nihonjin1051 Join the USAF instead, they have air-conditioned offices and a golf course on most bases. Actually though, do listen to Nihonjin and serve your nation, with your knowledge at such a young age you will be a great asset to the US military and will learn skills that will help you for the rest of your life.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom