What's new

Lieutenant General, who led Operation Blue Star, attacked in London

I know most of you are very patriotic and will not like what I say.

Fact is that there are more reasons to be ashamed of being Indian than to be proud to be one. If a country has a judiciary which is so slow that people like jagdish tytler and amit shah can get away with murder, if temples and mosques can be broken with impunity, if people don't have access to basic healthcare and sanitation, if child labor is present, if the police force and the bureaucracy is steeped in corruption - then I really see no reason to be proud to be an Indian. For all the missiles and manned missions to the moon, we as a nation are by and large a failed state.

It was Indira Gandhi's call ,not the army.

For Indira , either she was ill advised or just too angry with Bhidrenwale who was her creation for defy her.I think it was both that caused blunder of attacking the sikh holy site.

For the Army ,it would itch to smash everything to pieces that with hint of Pakistani involvement. I don't think IA would hesitate to attck a hindu holy site if ordered to.

I was trying to find out if you watch it or not coz you behaviour is quite dramatic.Regarding me...I dont watch tv..match dekhna hota he toh live streaming kar leta hu.

Oh, it is a TV channel. Pehlay hi bata dena tha.

You see I have Pakistani and US/UK channels on my cable. No Indian TV, if this is an Indian channel you are referring to.

Somethings really went wrong in that operation.

People like Gobind Ram did things which should have never been done.

On one hand we try to make a lot of efforts for muslims who i am sorry to say are not as much part of the nation building as the Sikhs and on the other hand we dont even care about what happened in 84..culprits were not punished.

We need to set our priorities right...Had we done even 1% of what we are doing for Kashmiris we would have earned a lot more brothers and sisters loving their country and working for its success.

For congress party( read Gandhi family) ,muslims are the vote bank. The sikhs aren't.As Simple as that.You know we didn't have diplomatic relations with Isreal till PV narshimha Rao became PM ,not hurt the sentiment of indian muslims.

BTW the Congress has made sure no one gets punishment for the biggest genocide in independent india that happened in 1984 aganist the sikh community living in heart of india ,new delhi ,while they make so much noise and shed tears for the muslim victim of Gujrat riots .

Fact is that there are more reasons to be ashamed of being Indian than to be proud to be one. If a country has a judiciary which is so slow that people like jagdish tytler and amit shah can get away with murder, if temples and mosques can be broken with impunity, if people don't have access to basic healthcare and sanitation, if child labor is present, if the police force and the bureaucracy is steeped in corruption - then I really see no reason to be proud to be an Indian. For all the missiles and manned missions to the moon, we as a nation are by and large a failed state.

Read Gunnar Myrdal, you might find a more apt description. Rather than a failed state, where nothing works, we are a soft state, where things work at an abominably slow speed.

In any case, there are those of us who defend constitutionalism and the rule of law, not due to pride in India, but because we chose a path which recognized that we should not submit ourselves to the rule of an elite which thought it could decide arbitrarily what was good for the nation and its citizens. We chose to work out for ourselves what was good, mistakes, bungles and all. We made a horribly bad job of it on many fronts, but persevered, we fell down often enough, but picked ourselves up and went on. It would have been easy enough to succumb to the temptation to let religious leaders and deluded bigots take the lead, but those were outwardly easy options that we tried and rejected.

Don't call it pride in India, that sounds so jingoistic, call it a determination to lead a free and independent existence, even if it meant a harder one.

Well its your opinion and theres no point in criticising it but i wont go on to the extent of calling it a failed state or being ashamed.

The fact of the matter is that things happened which could have been avoided.Our forces then didnt know how to handle a situation like this coz they were only part of wars before that.Had this happened now after so much experience in Kashmir i have no doubt in mind that such things wont have happened.Bhindrawala was no saint either.The drama he was doing he truly deserved what he got and only an idiot would have hid himself in a place of worship..you cant really blame IA there.

Now comming to the point of where India stands.India for me is a country where equal oppurtunity should be given to people from all religions and regions to achieve what they want to.It is not a religious state and hence no priority is given to any religion but like the human race has developed the majority dominates most of the time specially when talking of conflicts.

I know Hindus get blammed most of the time but tell me what would a majority do when a leader of a terrorist outfit calls them cowards,wolves and what not...aka Bhindrawala....tell me what do you expect from a majority when 100 of its peaceful pilgrims are burned in train?

Any damn place on this earth you mess with the majority you are surely asking for trouble and India is no different.Yet Sikhs and Muslims get equal oppurtunities every time everywhere and that is the biggest reason Sikhs are present in the Armed forces in large numbers.

If Indian Army wanted it could have thrown every Sikh out of its organsation and still be what it is today but thats not what we believe in.We try to be as secular as possible and yeah there are shortcomings but we believe in changing it rather than sitting and blamming Hindus.

India is not perfect by any means but so is any other nation.Every nation has one problem or the other but its how the nation handles that problem and we should believe in the ideology on what our nation was built.

Its for no reason that a Muslim became the missile man of India..a Sikh became the PM...Christian Defence Minister...if there were so many problems would they reach where they are today?..These are the posts where top secret info is available...Think about it.

When i walk on the streets of a city i dont see a Sikh,Muslim or a Christian.I see Indians and you are as much an Indian as me.You have as much problem with the govt as me obviously being a Hindu you would think i wont have any problem but my problem is not based on religion but on stupid decisions taken by the govt.

And in the end its you choice if you want to do something about it or just talk about it over a cup of tea with you friends coz in the end you are as much as a Indian as a hindu is.

In the end i would just like to say that people can say whatever they say about Sikhs being upset and all but it doesnt affect me to be honest and the reason being i meet a lot of Sikhs in real life in day to day basis and i have never felt any seperatist feelings in their mind.All i ever get to see is them being hurt over the incident...and i really feel sorry for this.

The Hindoos here are telling us to move on from an atrocity that happened just 30 years ago. A full fledged pogrom against my community. In the same breath, they support the demolition of Babri Masjid, a building that has been a mosque of centuries. Such hypocritical people they are.

Please change your flag.. FYI, BABRI Masjid was a shameful act but it was not a Masjid. Quit peddling tripes.

Congress is always your scapgoat. Why is it MAJORITY hindoo votes for congress? That's because congress the is political embodiment of hindooism. It is an arm of the hindoo people and it's leaders are pawns to the whim of the hindoo majority.

Get a grip on reality..

Well its your opinion and theres no point in criticising it but i wont go on to the extent of calling it a failed state or being ashamed.

The fact of the matter is that things happened which could have been avoided.Our forces then didnt know how to handle a situation like this coz they were only part of wars before that.Had this happened now after so much experience in Kashmir i have no doubt in mind that such things wont have happened.Bhindrawala was no saint either.The drama he was doing he truly deserved what he got and only an idiot would have hid himself in a place of worship..you cant really blame IA there.

Now comming to the point of where India stands.India for me is a country where equal oppurtunity should be given to people from all religions and regions to achieve what they want to.It is not a religious state and hence no priority is given to any religion but like the human race has developed the majority dominates most of the time specially when talking of conflicts.

I know Hindus get blammed most of the time but tell me what would a majority do when a leader of a terrorist outfit calls them cowards,wolfs and what not...aka Bhindrawala....tell me what do you expect from a majority when 100 of its peaceful pilgrims are burned in train?

Any damn place on this earth you mess with the majority you are surely asking for trouble and India is no different.Yet Sikhs and Muslims get equal oppurtunities every time everywhere and that is the biggest reason Sikhs are present in the Armed forces in large numbers.

If Indian Army wanted it could have thrown every Sikh out of its organsation and still be what it is today but thats not what we believe in.We try to be as secular as possible and yeah there are shortcomings but we believe in changing it rather than sitting and blamming Hindus.

India is not perfect by any means but so is any other nation.Every nation has one problem or the other but its how the nation handles that problem and we should believe in the ideology on what our nation was built.

Its for no reason that a Muslim became the missile man of India..a Sikh became the PM...Christian Defence Minister...if there were so many problems would they reach where they are today?..These are the posts where top secret info is available...Think about it.

When i walk on the streets of a city i dont see a Sikh,Muslim or a Christian.I see Indians and you are as much an Indian as me.You have as much problem with the govt as me obviously being a Hindu you would think i wont have any problem but my problem is not based on religion but on stupid decisions taken by the govt.

And in the end its you choice if you want to do something about it or just talk about it over a cup of tea with you friends coz in the end you are as much as a Indian as a hindu is.

In the end i would just like to say that people can say whatever they say about Sikhs being upset and all but it doesnt affect me to be honest and the reason being i meet a lot of Sikhs in real life in day to day basis and i have never felt any seperatist feelings in their mind.All i ever get to see is them being hurt over the incident...and i really feel sorry for this.

+1 .

I have quoted this line earlier also...

India is such a country where a Christian can give up her right of Prime Ministership to a sikh, who is sworn into office by a Muslim, to govern a country which is 80% Hindus..

Jai HIND !!

I know Hindus get blammed most of the time but tell me what would a majority do when a leader of a terrorist outfit calls them cowards,wolfs and what not...aka Bhindrawala....tell me what do you expect from a majority when 100 of its peaceful pilgrims are burned in train?

Good yaar.

You even got me emotional.

Acchhi takreer kar letay ho. Join the politics - why don't you.

Good yaar.

You even got me emotional.

Acchhi takreer kar letay ho. Join the politics - why don't you.

Politics is not my cup of tea thatswhy i neither like to comment on it nor do i try to keep myself updated with the happenings.

I would like to do something for my country by helping the needy and poor one day.

I know Hindus get blammed most of the time but tell me what would a majority do when a leader of a terrorist outfit calls them cowards,wolves and what not...aka Bhindrawala....tell me what do you expect from a majority when 100 of its peaceful pilgrims are burned in train?

When i walk on the streets of a city i dont see a Sikh,Muslim or a Christian. err and then
Its for no reason that a Muslim became the missile man of India..a Sikh became the PM...Christian Defence Minister..

Do you see the contradiction?

I agree the Indian constitution is glorious and gives equal rights to all its citizens. But we don't live in the constitution - we live in India.

offtopic:
The problem with measuring success of India as country is, we dont have a similar country at similar complexity and social background to compare with.
Of all the countries that came out of colonialism, very few succeeded to get their basics right (democracy/secularism/plurality/independent judiciary/free press), and we by and large did.

For many of us, the basics are not good enough. We need those institutions to function properly, and work for us.

offtopic:
The problem with measuring success of India as country is, we dont have a similar country at similar complexity and social background to compare with.
Of all the countries that came out of colonialism, very few succeeded to get their basics right (democracy/secularism/plurality/independent judiciary/free press), and we by and large did.

For many of us, the basics are not good enough. We need those institutions to function properly, and work for us.

True..I read in an article that the only entity India can be compared with is EU bcs of the amount of diversity that both these have in common , but then again EU doesn't function under a strong central govt.

Back
Top Bottom