What's new

Lieutenant General Dalbir Singh Suhag named new Army chief

since when IA became dependent on one person ?
and what if god-forbid Lt Gen Suhag passes away ....then what will GOI and IA is going to do...request GOD to send back the BEST MAN to lead IA ???
Then the IA would be hurt but he'd have had a VCOAS under him for some time who was inline to become COAS for years and is on the COAS accession list and thus will be rather competent to step up and the pain would be less. This is how the system works. Now you simply don't promote Dulbir as COAS then some other senior most general becomes COAS and he has 0 idea how to be COAS and has no time as VCOAS and will be adrift for some time-that is just common sense.

The IA is not dependant on one person but a system and if you f^ck with that system (as you, the BJP and VK Singh seem to want to do) then you are going to cause a freaking nightmare.

Yes agreed the buck has to stop somewhere, but the Military should not be dragged in to this political one-upmanship. Sure bring in measures to make ensure no other government is able to pull this off again in the future, but don't politicize the issue further to stop the politicizing of the military! Nothing will be more ironic. And for that to happen we need General V.K.Singh(if he does become the Minister of Defence) to let go of the past.

If one defends action of UPA ...then the politics will continue .

UPA should have left the decision to next government ...and next government should have taken decision in best intrest of country in keeping with tradition .

Do you think after UPA's move which comes despite stiff opposition from BJP ...now BJP will let it go unchecked .

Next thing the BJP will do when it comes to power is reverse the UPA decision .
well they have right as executive ...

that's why I am saying ...by taking this decision UPA has done great disservice ...to both IA, Lt Gen Suhag .

I AM REALLY NOT ABLE TO GRASP
HOW THIS CAN BE TIME CRITICAL ?

Time critical ....you must be joking ?
LISTEN.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DON'T GET THIS SO I'LL LAY IT OUT NICE AND EASILY FOR YOU BRO.

In the Indian military after the age of 35 you either are PROMOTED or you retire every 24 months.

So, Dulbir Singh is coming to the end of this 24 month extension to his commission (will be around this time) now if he is not promoted to the COAS post he is RETIRED, no two ways about it.

In that case the ENTIRE COAS accession list would be torn up and meaningless, with a whole new set of people on that list as a new general would be made COAS and I've explained again and again why this is not desirable.

Hence TIME CRITICAL. A delay of a few weeks let alone months would see this mess ensue.

@Abingdonboy

The same UPA that demanded reservations in the army can be credited for doing the right thing is certainly beyond me, your idea for the reason if true smacks of prejudice by the UPA towards the incoming government by assuming that it is not capable of doing the right thing or having the wherewithal to do the right thing.

The funny aspect is the UPA isn't even a yardstick to measure performance of a government by any stretch of imagination.

This is clearly a political move and UPA again brings in politics among the armd forces.

Then the IA would be hurt but he'd have had a VCOAS under him for some time who was inline to become COAS for years and is on the COAS accession list and thus will be rather competent to step up and the pain would be less. This is how the system works. Now you simply don't promote Dulbir as COAS then some other senior most general becomes COAS and he has 0 idea how to be COAS and has no time as VCOAS and will be adrift for some time-that is just common sense.

The IA is not dependant on one person but a system and if you f^ck with that system (as you, the BJP and VK Singh seem to want to do) then you are going to cause a freaking nightmare.

You have done your part in politicizing military by justifying action of UPA government . Because after UPA's controversial decision NDA government will only be provoked to rescind the decision .

Had UPA not taken this decision hurriedly and had left it to government ..there was still possibility that new government would have had respected the tradition and done the right thing ...

But not after this decision ...

Yes agreed the buck has to stop somewhere, but the Military should not be dragged in to this political one-upmanship. Sure bring in measures to make ensure no other government is able to pull this off again in the future, but don't politicize the issue further to stop the politicizing of the military! Nothing will be more ironic. And for that to happen we need General V.K.Singh(if he does become the Minister of Defence) to let go of the past.

That's what the UPA intends to achieve and leave behind for the coming government by hurriedly naming a successor.

LISTEN.

I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU DON'T GET THIS SO I'LL LAY IT OUT NICE AND EASILY FOR YOU BRO.

In the Indian military after the age of 35 you either are PROMOTED or you retire every 24 months.

So, Dulbir Singh is coming to the end of this 24 month extension to his commission (will be around this time) now if he is not promoted to the COAS post he is RETIRED, no two ways about it.

In that case the ENTIRE COAS accession list would be torn up and meaningless, with a whole new set of people on that list as a new general would be made COAS and I've explained again and again why this is not desirable.

Hence TIME CRITICAL. A delay of a few weeks let alone months would see this mess ensue.

You have to have faith in the system .

The UPA should have left the decision to new government ...

New government would have taken decision in the best interest of country .

again and again you are fighting for individual ...rather than institution .

Dos not matter if entire COAS accession list is torn up ....

List of COAS accession is not some Gospel of God or Fate of nation that we have to worry about .

@Abingdonboy

The same UPA that demanded reservations in the army can be credited for doing the right thing is certainly beyond me, your idea for the reason if true smacks of prejudice by the UPA towards the incoming government by assuming that it is not capable of doing the right thing or having the wherewithal to do the right thing.

The funny aspect is the UPA isn't even a yardstick to measure performance of a government by any stretch of imagination.

This is clearly a political move and UPA again brings in politics among the armd forces.

@Abingdonboy He is absolutely prejudiced towards UPA .

that's why he is able to overlook such obviously dastardly acts of UPA .

List of COAS accession is not some Gospel of God or Fate of nation that we have to worry about .
There's just NO WAY the next Goct would have been able to make the call in time and once they were in a position to Dulbir Singh would be gone.

And I am not fighting for an individual over an institution simply this one individual is the PREFERRED candidate fro all the reasons i have outlined. There is simply no one else in the IA right now as qualified as Dulbir Singh to become the COAS it's a simple as that. I want the very best for the institution and that is Dulbir Singh right now.

What's the point in creating all this fuss simply because VK Singh has bad blood with the UPA? I mean there is nothing- didly squat, to indicate Dulbir Singh's appointment is anything but above board.

There's just NO WAY the next Goct would have been able to make the call in time and once they were in a position to Dulbir Singh would be gone.

And I am not fighting for an individual over an institution simply this one individual is the PREFERRED candidate fro all the reasons i have outlined. There is simply no one else in the IA right now as qualified as Dulbir Singh to become the COAS it's a simple as that. I want the very best for the institution and that is Dulbir Singh right now.

What's the point in creating all this fuss simply because VK Singh has bad blood with the UPA? I mean there is nothing- didly squat, to indicate Dulbir Singh's appointment is anything but above board.

I have said this again and again that this is not about BJP, UPA, Army Chief, VK Singh , or Dalbeer Singh .

This is about politicization of military and political propriety .

Both of these issues have not been done justice with by this decision .

I need to log off now ...so I can't continue the argument .

But no matter how much you defend you can't simply right the wrong !!!

No he is not, I know him too well to know that he hardly indulges in politics or has any inclinations towards any parties - I would bet he is in favor of modi and good governance than the out going UPA or Anthony.

He has his points - but the naming was not for what he says it is for.

Bro, I've explained to you I'm not. I have no real allegiance to any political party in India (certainly not the UPA) seemingly far less than you who seems very much in the BJP camp. If you want to talk about objectivity then I would look at your own before questioning mine.

What do I have to do to get you to stop painting me with the UPA brush? Get as animated and sensational about Modi as others or furious at the UPA? Has the UPA failed on a lot of fronts? yes, are they all demons in cable of doing any good for India? No. Should the Gandhis be anywhere near Indian politics? F**K NO.

Anyway @Dillinger @Koovie @Capt.Popeye @sandy_3126 @Joe Shearer @nair your seasoned and rational heads are needed here I think, which one of us is in the wrong?

No he is not, I know him too well to know that he hardly indulges in politics or has any inclinations towards any parties - I would bet he is in favor of modi and good governance than the out going UPA or Anthony.

He has his points - but the naming was not for what he says it is for.

whatever ...

His attempt to justify UPA government show contrary .

Irrespective of what may be one's political alignments - this is common sense and common practice that such crucial decisions should not have been take by UPA when it has only 3 days left in office .

Dalbir Singh is surely the next in line.

Congress has the right to name him on the last day.

but I don't see the need for hurrying it up.

and, I highly doubt that the UPA is above ground to even think in those lines that you suggest, this is clearly a political move.

Bro, I've explained to you I'm not. I have no real allegiance to any political party in India (certainly not the UPA) seemingly far less than you who seems very much in the BJP camp. If you want to talk about objectivity then I would look at your own before questioning mine.

What do I have to do to get you to stop painting me with the UPA brush? Get as animated and sensational about Modi as others or furious at the UPA? Has the UPA failed on a lot of fronts? yes, are they all demons in cable of doing any good for India? No. Should the Gandhis be anywhere near Indian politics? F**K NO.

Anyway @Dillinger @Koovie @Capt.Popeye @sandy_3126 @Joe Shearer @nair your seasoned and rational heads are needed here I think, which one of us is in the wrong?

Off course you are wrong .

Even if GOD comes and says you are correct ..I will not accept it .

because I know it's not ....

THANK YOU! You are 100% on the money. I am not interested in politics only what is best for India itself and I am able to see that isn't Antony and the UPA.

Off course you are wrong .

Even if GOD comes and says you are correct ..I will not accept it .

because I know it's not ....
Bro you are too anti-Congress and too pro-BJP for us to have a rational conversation on THIS topic.

I have a lot of respect for you on this forum and look foreword to us having conversation on more defence-oreineted matters in the future, this political business I find tiresome.

Now enjoy your sleep bro :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom