What's new

Libya and Turkey sign two agreements on hydrocarbons

Well the thing is that Turkey only has influence on the GNA part of the country,the Tripoli government,because they literally saved Saraj's government when the LNA were taking their time,being careful.

Yes, I know, but the question is, why is that even the case? An Arab country (Libya) surrendered by Arab states (two of them powerful regional countries - Algeria and Egypt) and yet they have less to say than Turkey1000 km + away with no physical borders with Libya.

The harsh truth is that Turkey can offer Libya more. Economically, in terms of weapons sales and in terms of influence among NATO and the powers that be (Western). There is an element of cultural influence (Ottoman past and Turkish soap operas) as well.

Once again, Arab countries, in particular Algeria and Egypt need to take a hard look at themselves and ask themselves why this situation even exists in the first place.

It is another example of lack of political Arab unity. We see/have seen something similar in Syria with the biggest decision makers being non-Arab in an Arab country. All thanks to the "Arab Spring".

I mean Arabs are stubborn people and have a tendency not to admit mistakes. We have seemingly educated users like Hydranation still claim Israeli military victories (that the entire world recognizes) as Egyptian military victories. With such an attitude it is no wonder, that Arabs are losing influence to Turkey in Libya.

I wonder if Turkey will intervene to save the deal.
Turkey will do what it can, I take it for granted that will send an research ship to the Libyan EEZ.... The question is will it do it below the midline or above it.....

International law vs Greek dream

1665497852899.png

Yes, I know, but the question is, why is that even the case? An Arab country (Libya) surrendered by Arab states (two of them powerful regional countries - Algeria and Egypt) and yet they have less to say than Turkey1000 km + away with no physical borders with Libya.

The harsh truth is that Turkey can offer Libya more. Economically, in terms of weapons sales and in terms of influence among NATO and the powers that be (Western). There is an element of cultural influence (Ottoman past and Turkish soap operas) as well.

Once again, Arab countries, in particular Algeria and Egypt need to take a hard look at themselves and ask themselves why this situation even exists in the first place.

It is another example of lack of political Arab unity. We see/have seen something similar in Syria with the biggest decision makers being non-Arab in an Arab country. All thanks to the "Arab Spring".

I mean Arabs are stubborn people and have a tendency not to admit mistakes. We have seemingly educated users like Hydranation still claim Israeli military victories (that the entire world recognizes) as Egyptian military victories. With such an attitude it is no wonder, that Arabs are losing influence to Turkey in Libya.
Spain-Libya 8 MOU since 2021
Italy -Libya 2 MOU since 2021
Egypt -Libya 25 MOU since 2021
Malta-Libya 1 MOU since 2021

Current Government is the only one invited to international meetings to represent Libya. Not just U.N but also Arab League, EU Meetings, African Union etc.

The agreements signed between the Turkish and Libyan states are as legitimate as these international meetings or the agreements signed by the countries above. There is no need for long explanations just because a few trolls are crying here.

Current Government is the only one invited to international meetings to represent Libya. Not just U.N but also Arab League, EU Meetings, African Union etc.

The agreements signed between the Turkish and Libyan states are as legitimate as these international meetings or the agreements signed by the countries above. There is no need for long explanations just because a few trolls are crying here.
And yet,everybody has condemned this "agreement" and called it invalid.

The Americans,the Germans,the British,the Germans,the French,the Italians,the UN and the EU together. Nobody accepts it as legal regardless of their political motives for typically supporting the Tripoli government or not.

Back
Top Bottom