What's new

let's measure the standard of living with auto sale, instead of GDP

After you hit the 8 of 10 people plateau you should still be selling 54 million cars a year to make the numbers comparable. You haven't even hit that pre-plateau yet.
1. most people do think 50-70M autos would be sold in CHina 5-10 years later.
2. many Chinese big cities now has forbidden people to buy a second family car,because parking lots/road are not enough.
3.when Chinese buy 50-70M autos every year, that would be a bad news to USA
first , the pirce of oil might rockets up and the real life standard of Yankees might go down.
second, CHina would have become global largest economy and USA can not be as powerful as now .

3.when Chinese buy 50-70M autos every year, that would be a bad news to USA
first , the pirce of oil might rockets up and the real life standard of Yankees might go down.
second, CHina would have become global largest economy and USA can not be as powerful as now .

LOL! You already missed high gas prices. We have already dealt with it. In 1980 (35 year ago!) gas prices were twice as high as they are today. That's not even taking inflation into consideration!

You have over a billion people. The population of the US is only 300M.
Of course you should be buying more cars.
You should be buying more of everything. If you aren't...there is something wrong.

BTW the average car cost in the US is over $30K.

Correction: average NEW car cost, maybe. By the way, Americans buy more used cars than new cars every years, 3:1 ratio.

Awesome, China already have a very good transportation infrastructures like HSR and railroads but seems like a lot of Chinese prefer owning a car, they sure are loaded with money :D

Awesome, China already have a very good transportation infrastructures like HSR and railroads but seems like a lot of Chinese prefer owning a car, they sure are loaded with money :D

In some major cities, BRT only costs 1 RMB ($0.15) to ride tens of KM. Why I need a car? People in China are buying cars to show off or bow to peer pressure. No wonder almost all luxury brands find their largest market in China. Simply stupid!

bad idea. highly developed countries have excellent public transport systems. they buy less private cars.
China has even better public transport system. In China, u don't have to wait for a bus for too long like in Europe.
第一次在成都看到BRT,赶上最后一天免费了.jpg

第一次在成都看到BRT,赶上最后一天免费了2.JPG

Not just traditional bus, electric bus is booming in China.

Electric Commercial Vehicles Rose in First Three Quarters
Summarize:According to the latest statistics released by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China produced 156,200 units new energy vehicles from Jan. to Sept. this year, including 39,700 units electric commercial vehicles (the number is nearly eight times of that registered last year) and 12,600 units plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles (the volume went up by 75% compared with that registered last year).

www.chinabuses.org: According to the latest statistics released by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China produced 156,200 units new energy vehicles from Jan. to Sept. this year, including 39,700 units electric commercial vehicles (the number is nearly eight times of that registered last year) and 12,600 units plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles (the volume went up by 75% compared with that registered last year). The production volume of new energy commercial vehicles accounted for 33.5% of the total production volume of new energy vehicles.

Thanks to the governments’ unrelenting supports and subsidies, the new energy commercial vehicle sector realized fast-speed growth. In 2015, Beijing Municipal Government gave out a subsidy of 1,800 RMB per kilowatt-hour for all electric special vehicles. Every such emission-free vehicle is entitled to receive a total amount of no more than 135,000 RMB subsidies. Jiangsu provincial government also handed out 800 RMB subsidies for a battery capacity of one kilowatt-hour and every such emission-free vehicle can get a total amount of subsidies of no more than 60,000 RMB.

Source: BYD news & updates: China's biggest new-energy vehicle manufacturer | Page 6

In some major cities, BRT only costs 1 RMB ($0.15) to ride tens of KM. Why I need a car? People in China are buying cars to show off or bow to peer pressure. No wonder almost all luxury brands find their largest market in China. Simply stupid!
I prefer public transport way over car. I do think Chinese need a car, but they should try their best not to use car for work. In most Chinese big cities, public transport is the number one choice. Most Chinese 1st-2nd tier cites and some of the 3rd tier cities are now under massive construction of metro system. The tendency in my city is that more and more people give up their car and resort to metro(every 3-5 minutes), which doesn't mean we buy less car.

2017武汉地铁城铁(非清晰版).jpg

武汉地铁2020规划(非清晰版).png

well, one CHinese wrote one article, comparing the standard of living in different countries ,with per capita auto sale, instead of per capita GDP.

the conclusion is quite amazing...
1. Generally speaking, per capita auto sale is corelated to per capita GDP.
the higher per capita GDP is , the more per capita auto sale is .

2. China is a exception, its per capita auto sale is more than many countries with higher per capita GDP( Poland, Turkey, Greece, Mexico,Romania..etc), because RMB is serioulsy undervalued.

3. USA, German.Japan are the Tier1 countries , they are "real high-income countries", their per capital auto sale is 2+ times of CHinese.

4, Italy and Spain is the tier2 countries. their per capita auto sale is more than CHinese one.

5. poland, Czech, Brazil ,Portugal and CHina are Tier 3 Countries. their per capita auto sale is in the same league.

6. Turky,Mexico are Tier 4 countries. their per capita auto sale is only 50% or so of Chinese.

7. Romania is the poorest one, its per capita auto sale in only 25% of CHinese one.

8. the GDP data of Greece is cooked and fake!

Does he know that car price in China twice the price from US and Japan?
(Thanks to the great Communist traitorous leadership and especially Mao Zedong the Stupid)

At least China car sales supposed to be twice bigger.

... which is, perhaps put China as Tier 2 or 1 country.

Last edited:
China has even better public transport system. In China, u don't have to wait for a bus for too long like in Europe.
View attachment 272725
View attachment 272724

Not just traditional bus, electric bus is booming in China.

Electric Commercial Vehicles Rose in First Three Quarters
Summarize
:According to the latest statistics released by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China produced 156,200 units new energy vehicles from Jan. to Sept. this year, including 39,700 units electric commercial vehicles (the number is nearly eight times of that registered last year) and 12,600 units plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles (the volume went up by 75% compared with that registered last year).

www.chinabuses.org: According to the latest statistics released by Ministry of Industry and Information Technology, China produced 156,200 units new energy vehicles from Jan. to Sept. this year, including 39,700 units electric commercial vehicles (the number is nearly eight times of that registered last year) and 12,600 units plug-in hybrid commercial vehicles (the volume went up by 75% compared with that registered last year). The production volume of new energy commercial vehicles accounted for 33.5% of the total production volume of new energy vehicles.

Thanks to the governments’ unrelenting supports and subsidies, the new energy commercial vehicle sector realized fast-speed growth. In 2015, Beijing Municipal Government gave out a subsidy of 1,800 RMB per kilowatt-hour for all electric special vehicles. Every such emission-free vehicle is entitled to receive a total amount of no more than 135,000 RMB subsidies. Jiangsu provincial government also handed out 800 RMB subsidies for a battery capacity of one kilowatt-hour and every such emission-free vehicle can get a total amount of subsidies of no more than 60,000 RMB.

Source: BYD news & updates: China's biggest new-energy vehicle manufacturer | Page 6

I prefer public transport way over car. I do think Chinese need a car, but they should try their best not to use car for work. In most Chinese big cities, public transport is the number one choice. Most Chinese 1st-2nd tier cites and some of the 3rd tier cities are now under massive construction of metro system. The tendency in my city is that more and more people give up their car and resort to metro(every 3-5 minutes), which doesn't mean we buy less car.

View attachment 272727

View attachment 272728
thats good to hear. but doesnt chinese cities lack comprehensive underground metro systems like those found in newyork, london or paris ? i have heard only Guangzhou has a dense metro system which was build when some games took place in the city.

Yeah but you know from being in the US that people can't bring their boat/canoe/surfboard/RV/ATV/skis etc on a bus or train. When I was young I wouldn't even consider taking a date on a bus/train ride to some movie/restaurant/beach/whatever.

what-to-know-before-buying-car-insurance.jpg

Honey we are taking the car to the beach...fun fun fun!!!

stock-photo-side-view-of-a-muslim-man-comforting-a-sad-caucasian-girl-mourning-in-a-train-station-289596209.jpg

We are taking the bus..don't worry we'll have a fun time...I'm not a loser.

Last edited:
thats good to hear. but doesnt chinese cities lack comprehensive underground metro systems like those found in newyork, london or paris ? i have heard only Guangzhou has a dense metro system which was build when some games took place in the city.
in China, Tier 1 cities such as Beijing, shanghai, Shenzhen and Guangzhou have better metro system than Newyork.

dozens of tier 2 cities(most province capitals) have a small Metro system finished and advancing their massive metro system are under construction.

Beijing still forbids tier3 cities or tier 4 cities building metro system.

for example,
My homecity has a urban population of 1M, but as a a tier 3 city, it is now not allowed by Beijing to build metro system,perhaps because Beijing worrys about the fisical balance of the city.

But, I do think that sooner or later ,those cities with 1M+ Population in China would build metro system too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom