What's new

Let’s stop pretending there’s no racism in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe thats why Balochistanis don't like you people anyways in India South Indians were not are slaves but a small amount of people from all the regions comes under this category.

Dravidians in India

587px-Dravidische_Sprachen.png

Nah mate... i love my punjabi brothers... we just despise you guys.......

Maybe thats why Balochistanis don't like you people anyways in India South Indians were not are slaves but a small amount of people from all the regions comes under this category.

Dravidians in India

587px-Dravidische_Sprachen.png

Nah mate... i love my punjabi brothers... we just despise you guys.......And we are "iranic" almost all of us.... minus brahuis.....

And brahuis dont look like tamils or south indian dravidians... :lol:

No, but truthfully I think Pakistanis are more racist then Indians, in their hearts anyway-not actions.

I'm racist, I believe in Indo-aryan master race and all dravidians should work as slaves again.
Lolz, same as Hitler

Nah mate... i love my punjabi brothers... we just despise you guy.......And we arent "indo-aryans"... and yes i admit Pakistanis in general diss indians...

Balouchistanis come under dravidians and your fellow Pak brother said he wants to see dravidians as slaves anyway it was a joke the real content of my post was the latter part and yeah from next time I'll add a LOL every time I'll post something sarcastic so people like you can keep up.:hitwall:

No, but truthfully I think Pakistanis are more racist then Indians, in their hearts anyway-not actions.

I'm racist, I believe in Indo-aryan master race and all dravidians should work as slaves again.

And I believe in santa claus and that 9/11 was faked looser. Face some one in real life and force him to be your "slave". In fact you are the only slave here paying taxes to keep the queen and all you other white masters alive retard.

Balouchistanis come under dravidians and your fellow Pak brother said he wants to see dravidians as slaves anyway it was a joke the real content of my post was the latter part and yeah from next time I'll add a LOL every time I'll post something sarcastic so people like you can keep up.:hitwall:

What a schmuck....... go read about baluch people.. we arent some dravidians like you..

http://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&r...eFYi0J2Z0kCJDYXsQ&sig2=mYXcboRFXnj1506K6ihVow

nothing new here...moving on to next thread. :P

Oh look yet another thread full of Pakistanis who think that their shyte doesn't smell:lol: Stop being so pretentious guys!

We are racist, like our parents were – The Express Tribune Blog

image-for-the-article-640x480.jpg

Growing up I was often told by my parents to stay out of the sun. Like most middle class Pakistanis, they were worried that the complexion of my skin will become dark if I spent too much time outside. My aunts flung concerned glances at me and my cousins during summers, especially when we were returning home after playing cricket, and made taunting comments about our tanned skin. Thus, from a very early age I learned that having dark skin was something to be embarrassed of.

My classmates were also familiar with this racial demarcation, so making fun of kids with a darker skin tone was quite common. The discrimination against dark-skinned people in Pakistan is as prevalent among adults as it is at the school level. For most front desk, sales and customer relations jobs, preference is given to fair-skinned candidates because many companies believe that employees with a white-complexion can make a better impression on the clients. While looking for a suitable spouse for their sons, parents almost always give extra points to fair-skinned girls. I still remember being flabbergasted when a few of my male cousins rejected scores of girls solely on the basis of the color of their skin.

Let’s face it. We are racist without even realising it. But, it is not our fault. We’ve been conditioned since childhood to hold the fairer-skin tone in higher regard. Now the million dollar question is how this discrimination came to be so deeply rooted in the culture and social fabric of Pakistan?

It seems to have been a gradual process that began thousands of years ago when white-skinned foreigners invaded the subcontinent. From the Aryans to Greeks to the more recent Europeans, we came under the rule of a variety of foreign powers, most of whom had a fair-complexion. As a result of this, we began to think of white-skinned people as a superior race. The caste system in India further contributed to this discrimination because the Brahmans, who belong to the highest cast, also have fair complexion.

However, discrimination on the basis of the caste system has been abolished throughout the subcontinent, and European powers have long since stepped out of both India and Pakistan. Why then, are we still stuck in this old and absurd form of racism? Why are we unable to grow out of this discriminatory mindset and look beyond the color of a person’s skin?

The answer partly lies in the portrayal of beauty in our media. While many Indian actresses have a darker skin tone, not once have I seen a Pakistani actress who was not white. There are many Pakistani ads, songs and films that advocate the merits of having a fair-complexion. Even corporations are instilling and reinforcing this racism in our minds by promoting beauty products and creams aimed at making the skin fairer.

Kya goray rang ka zamana kabhi ho ga na purana?

(Will the age of white-complexion never grow old?)

Whether or not we will ever completely overcome this racism, I do not know. But, perhaps it will slowly seep out of our minds if the media stops reinforcing it. We, on our part, should also stop idolising the white skin and must not pass on this racist notion to the younger generation.

Brahman is a cast correct?

Indo-aryan is an ethno-linguistic group.

Plaster is a cast, you dope; Brahman is a caste.

Better get back home to Sialkot before the British fry your brain completely.

^

The Brahui have significant admixture with the other ethnic groups. Balochistan has probably 10 odd million people with about 4 million Baloch, 4 million Pashtun and possibly 2 million Brahui. So we are talking very small numbers here.

I also wonder are the Brahui native or did they move here. I suppose there is no absolute way of working that one out.

* Racism is alive and kicking in Pakistan.

** I also feel there is a general correlation between pigmentation and caste groups in India. This is very apparent in Pakistan where the Christian minority [ converts from Hindu Untouchables ] tend to very dark. I also don't think the 'exposure to the sun' argument explains this.

*** So caste is not just simple division of labour. Of course I am not from India and therefore can only make general assumptions from some distance.

Of course there is racism in India, but there is racism in every country on Earth, India have a lot of issues to deal with, but at least India is trying. Like I keep saying to people there is not magic wand, India has a massive, diverse population, throw in poverty and the lack of education for a lot of the poor and you end up getting racism.

Asia, Europe, USA, Australia, Africa every country on Earth has racism, stop trying to put India down and clean up your own back yards first.

L
^

The Brahui have significant admixture with the other ethnic groups. Balochistan has probably 10 odd million people with about 4 million Baloch, 4 million Pashtun and possibly 2 million Brahui. So we are talking very small numbers here.

I also wonder are the Brahui native or did they move here. I suppose there is no absolute way of working that one out.

* Racism is alive and kicking in Pakistan.

** I also feel there is a general correlation between pigmentation and caste groups in India. This is very apparent in Pakistan where the Christian minority [ converts from Hindu Untouchables ] tend to very dark. I also don't think the 'exposure to the sun' argument explains this.

*** So caste is not just simple division of labour. Of course I am not from India and therefore can only make general assumptions from some distance.

Perfectly correct, down to the details.

In a thread where everybody seems to agree. Let me disagree.
I never find in any public place people being denied service based on the colour of their skin, clothing they wear.
People don't go on street peddling their "supremacy".
People are not forced to move back in bus or vacate their seats for someone of a fairer colour.
People are not denied employment based on their looks.

Regarding calling people names, that is making stereo type out of a group of people not necessarily racism. Racism exists to a limited a limited extent, but in a country of > 1billion people, if it does not exists, we are being racist towards racists :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom