What's new

Lca – Tejas to be part of ‘Vayu-Shakti’ event in February next year

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
India’s Home Grown Fighter aircraft Tejas will be part of Indian air force’s ’Vayu-Shakti’ Fire Power Demonstration . ’Vayu Shakti’ will be unleashed at the Pokhran firing ranges (Jaisalmer district) in the deserts of Rajasthan in the third week of February next year.
Air Marshal Anjan Kumar Gogoi told media in recently held press conference that “Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas will display its capabilities for the first time in Pokhran firing ranges” . About 100 planes of different variety like the Sukhoi 30s, Mirage 2000, Jaguars, MIG 21, attack helicopters, transport aircrafts including AN-32 and IL-78 MKI will display their full power.

Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS) will be used to monitor the mammoth exercise, while an unmanned aerial vehicle will stream live video images of the target destruction.

According to sources close to idrw.org , Tejas also successfully completed 2000 Accident free Test flights recently and is inching to getting IOC-2 which will be done by end of 2012 .

Participation of Tejas in ’Vayu-Shakti’ shows the level of confidence Which Tejas aircraft has earned in Indian air force to be part of largest Fire Power Demonstration to be conducted by Indian air force .

Lca – Tejas to be part of ‘Vayu-Shakti’ event in February next year | idrw.org

Hope everything will go fine... 2014 we will see fully matured LCA MK2.

PFFFFT.png

:cheesy:

So far away though. :'(

It will be fantastic to see this baby in ACTION along side 100 other fighters in IRON FEAST execercises in FEB 2012

LSP-4.JPG

Wow good news :cheers:
Will it also be firing missiles during the show.

Wow good news :cheers:
Will it also be firing missiles during the show.

We should make Tejas look like a failure because few poor guys believe their fighters are more advance than LCA and they wont concentrate to counter our front line fighter and always keep on chest thumping by assuming LCA is failure and their fighters are better than LCA .

The LCA has arrived far too late.

I now believe the entire program should be relegated to tech demonstration.

HAL should focus on MKI's and Rafales, which are far more capable.

As for Indian designed the planes, perhaps if focus was placed on the AMCA it could be ready by 2025 (any earlier is unrealistic given massive failures when it comes to finishing platforms on time).

I know allot of people like the LCA but consider the following:

Radar is not AESA and not Indian.

Engine (kaveri) is under powered and is being replaced by an American one.

By the time the LCA is finally inducted it will be obsolete and still nowhere near as capable as planes already fielded by the IAF.

I welcome criticism.

As for Indian designed the planes, perhaps if focus was placed on the AMCA it could be ready by 2025 (any earlier is unrealistic given massive failures when it comes to finishing platforms on time).

By the time the LCA is finally inducted it will be obsolete and still nowhere near as capable as planes already fielded by the IAF.

I welcome criticism.

You are partially correct …LCA is not only a program for India…India a second largest country in the world as per population and to protect them we cannot depend 100% on foreign product… we have to do something positive… I can understand that LCA is taking lot of time…but one thing we have to keep in mind that there is only 4 country (USA, RUSSIA, FRANCE and UK) who is making their own aircraft… and they are into this business from more then 100 years and we have to bridge that gap…So we need to have patience and keep doing things.

I welcome criticism.

Radar in the production version will be Indian if chaiwalahs are to be believed. Aesa is in the process. MKI and Rafale at the moment are all not flying with AESA. AESA will be in Tejas -II.

Ge 414 is not underpowered. Gripen, JF-17, J10, J11 etc use some other countries engine at least for the time being.

What is obsolete? FBW, composites, radar, electronics? since it is indigenous its updated every now and then.

compare su-27 initial versions and su-30 mki or super sukhoi. both are from same family. you will see the difference.

Why on earth would anyone condier an AESA as a compulsory?? In today's world, most AESAs are much less efficient and less opertaional than MSAs/PESAs/Hybrids. An AESA is simply not worth
the cost put in considering our opponents use only MSAs that are much less powerful than an ESA.

AESA for LCA will come with Mk-2, and by all means there is an Indian fighter-based AESA X-band radar well into development. Experimental T/R modules have already been supplied to IAF for testing and by 2014-2015 the radar will be ready for testing aboard an LCA platform. That's also the time when much of the opponent air forces' fighters too would start getting ESA radars, and besides Rafale and Supersukhoi will already have AESAs ready-made.

So? If LCA isn't capable just becoz its engine is from abroad, then our enemies' J-10s, JF-17s J-20s are also the same. SAAB Gripen also uses a foreign engine that doesn't stop it from being a Swedish fighter or being a capable fighter. You need to get fcuking rid of these blockades and move on. Kaveri will come when it has to.

Yeah that's what you think. FYI LCA will be inducted in Feb 2013 a little after this exercise and it remains one of the most advanced fighters in the world. If you want any credible info, you either contact professional member and ex-IN Sea Harrier pilot Vstol Jockey at IDF or just simply wait for the upcoming Indo-US air force joint exercise in 2013 and see LCA's performance in there.

Back
Top Bottom