What's new

"Last night was a sheer disappointment," Nauman Ijaz speaks out on the LSA

Ocean

Reaction score
Country
Argentina
For the past couple of days there was a lot of excitement in the air as the highly anticipated Lux Style Awards were all set to take place in Lahore. And now, with the event done and dusted with last night, the morning today has seen a tirade of news regarding the awards presented by LSA. While a few people are debating the award for best actress and the names who deserved it, it seems veteran actor Nauman Ejaz has sought to be vocal about the issue for once.

This morning the first thing we came across was a tweet by the very versatile and respected actor Nauman Ejaz who sounded quite miffed with the LSA as he wrote "Agar awards daney nahin attey tu awards kertay keyoun ho!"

We have been Nauman Ejaz fans since he appeared in Dasht with Atiqa Odho. Nauman is not just a name but a legend when it comes to Pakistan's television industry and his being upset with the LSA was a cause of concern for us as he is not the type to bash anyone.

And so, naturally curious we got in touch with the actor and this is what he shared with us.
"As the show progressed I was greatly disappointed with the whole event as it not only lacked sensible content but also showed no respect whatsoever to the elders of the industry, due to whom we're here at this place."

Nauman Ejaz also nominated for the Best Actor TV award felt that the way certain awards were handed out during the night were unfair as the actor claimed he failed to understand on what basis did the jury reach its conclusion explaining,

"I don't understand who decides to gives these awards as they make no sense to me. Is the final decision based on a drama's TRP rating as how is it possible that when a play (Sang-e-Mar) wins best writer as well as the best director it fails to win the best drama category?"

With a valid point raised by the respected actor, he gave the awards a new name The Lux Social Media Awards as he felt that the whole event comprised of stars who were very active on the social media platform and lacked respectful elder artists who should have been invited and present their to hand out the awards at least.

"With the passage of time I am noticing how the LSA are moving away from giving respect to their elders. If I am to receive an award I would love to get it from a person who has been in the industry longer than me rather than a person who just stepped in to showbiz few years back."

With Nauman clearly calling the LSA a cheap show due to it not having a proper content as Ahmed Ali Butt and Vasay Chaudhry were seen going a bit over board with their segments, the actor did not blame the popular duo but rather the team behind the show as he felt it was their responsibility to make sure the awards were well scripted with a bit of poise.

"They really need to change the structure of the show as this is such a big event. It needs to be planned well with proper content where disrespect is not shown to anyone as I remember when Bushra Ansari and Moin Akhtar used to host shows, the content was so brilliant that one enjoyed being part of that environment. But last night was a sheer disappointment as the show was content less and if they cant put up a sensible show then LSA should be finished in my opinion."

Nauman also feels that more categories need to be added to the LSA as well as the awards should have a jury on board which is capable of putting forth nominations based on merit rather than handing out awards which leaves one questioning its credibility!

https://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/...appointment-nauman-ijaz-speaks-out-on-the-lsa

Its so ironic , btw Nauman is my fav actor amazing guy masha Allah, that i incidently ended up watching last years lsa award cer eony and Nauman ijaz was invited to give away an award so when he bot behind podium before announcing the winner he really made a sportsmanship spirit speech something like this that "Jissay award mil gaya woh khush ho Jissay na bhi milay woh bura na manay koi hard feelings na rakhay ,khushi khushi ghar jao" etc etc i mean stuff he said looked like bilawajah khushamad karna award organizers ki. I mean it gave such impression.

And now he is complaining @Moonlight
Lsa are the terrible awards both in content and in nominations and winners. Its a joke mahira won best actress award third time in a row for a pathetic acting in a pathetic film. She is the most media propped person.

Elders in Pak demand too much respect from new generation forgetting that it is due to them Pak entertainment industry is in pathetic state today.

Boo-hoo.
I'm sure some decades ago he too was starting out and as a new comer he was handing out awards to his seniors. Times change what's the big deal ?
Award ceremonies are meant to be dynamic and active, I don't see that happening with 70 year old hosts.

Nauman Ijaz critisizes presence of ‘too many’ bloggers at Lux Style Awards
LSA 2018: Lux Style Awards are first of their kind and the most extravagant awards of Pakistan. The award ceremony hosts people from showbiz and fashion industry. This year Lux Style Awards happened on 21st February 2018 and the evening was glittering with stars from different industries.

Just like any other event happening around the world, the event invited a number of social media bloggers and influencers to the event to maximize the out reach of awards on social media platform. However, some of the most veteran stars of the field seemed to be annoyed by the presence of ‘too many’ bloggers at the event.

The veteran actor and host Nauman Ijaz in his tweeted mentioned his annoyance with the presence of ‘too many’ bloggers at LSA 2018.
Here is what Nauman Ijaz said
A lot of people and celebrities agreed with Nauman Ijaz

While others defended social media bloggers

Also it just didn’t end there. Nauman has some other rants about LSA 2018 as well
LSA
Agar awards daney nahin attey
tu awards kertay keyoun ho…

— Naumaan Ijaz (@ijaz_naumaan) February 20, 2018

http://thedigitales.com/nauman-ijaz-critisizes-presence-many-bloggers-lux-style-awards/

Elders in Pak demand too much respect from new generation forgetting that it is due to them Pak entertainment industry is in pathetic state today.
Well he Nauman ejaz initially made these tweets ,the article i shared in 1st posttalked about only one tweet which was about awards denay nahin atay tau award functions kartay keu jo well iagreed cause each year awards are given on favoritism and sifarish instead of merit so ifelt he has said for that reason. The same news outlet said we approached him for explanation and all he explained its present in first post and iagreed with 70 pc of it regarding best drama award etc.
Also he said lsa should be renamed as lux social media awards as all people present there were social media made stars so i thought he us referring to likes of mawra hocane but iwas wrong (he was referring to some online bloggers not likes of mawra) , also the news report in first post didnt cover everything nauman khan had said, he was apparently approach by diff media outlets and each one got a different response.

So when i read the one inhave posted in post 3 and one i am posting below i was kind of shocked at naumans complains. He is a senior and seasoned actor , he has some valid points made but his comments about ahad raza winning award, bloggers presence at awards,wanting senior actors to give awards to senior actors like himself and not juniors, and creating a seperate category of awards for senior actors and junior actors as he felt ahad who won best actor award for his performance in his second drama is not right and ahad is a junior is all very much against Nauman ejazs stature. A seasoned actor as himself SHOULD NEVER act so small minded and show this junior senior arrogance.So i am badly disappointed in him tho he is a fabulous actor

--------------------
The Lux Style Awards are known to be the biggest award ceremony in Pakistan, meant to celebrate and honour the entertainment industry – and this year seemed no different. However, what happens when an experienced actor like Naumaan Ijaz feels dishonoured and disrespected? Are the awards then really living up to their expectations?

After the actor took to Twitter to vent out, Something Haute got in touch to hear more about his concerns.

“It’s not about the award or the trophy, it’s about respect. Why do you think so many senior artists avoid these award shows?” Naumaan said. “It’s because they aren’t given the respect they deserve. Also, it’s not about a senior actor losing to a newcomer. I’m very happy for Ahad, he’s like a son to me and I wish him all the success to reach greater heights in his career. All I talk about is logic and common sense!”

Ahad-Raza-Mir-1024x682.jpeg

The actor, who was nominated with Mohsin Abbas Haider, Imran Abbas, Adnan Siddiqui, and Ahad Raza Mir, felt that it isn’t right to have senior actors in the same category as budding ones.

“It’s wonderful to appreciate new talent but how about you create more categories? Line up the new boys and make them compete for best-emerging talent or for the best acting debut,” he said. “It will definitely be more fair and inclusive that way. But placing a newcomer in the same category as a senior who has been around for so long is just ridiculous.”

Also read: Here are the big winners at Lux Style Awards 2018!

Adding further on not being nominated for Sang e Mar Mar, Naumaan said, ” Saife Hassan won the best director for Sang E Mar Mar while Mustafa Afridi won the best writer then how was that not the best drama? How do you think the drama did well without the actors? Forget me, but Sania Saeed who plays her character to perfection was given no recognition either!”

The actor also disagreed with the criteria of his nomination for his role in Pinjari.

“Secondly, why would they nominate me for Pinjari in which I hardly had any scenes and not for Sang e Mar Mar which basically revolved around my character according to the makers themselves?” he asked in confusion.

Naumaan – who still holds several reservations against the awards, feels that it can only work if few things are rectified in the future.

“Add more categories. Add a jury award and a popular choice award,” he said. “Learn to give respect. Also, if you’re honouring a senior actor then make sure you’re doing it right. I wouldn’t want a newcomer half my age presenting me an award. I would want it from someone I look up to and see as an icon.”

Also read: LSA’18: The highs, the lows and the simply awkward moments

In the end, the actor feels that he has more than just awards to look forward to. His fans are his ‘awards.’

“My work speaks for me, my fans are my award and reward. We are organic actors, not dependent on paid publicity,” Naumaan reiterated. “Our work used to be shown in India and their actors were taught and trained through our dramas/plays. I’m not known for the number of followers on my social media pages.”

https://www.somethinghaute.com/ahad-raza-mir-is-like-my-son-says-naumaan-ijaz/

I do understand his or other actors concern that a fair award function is not held in pakistan but at the same time these ppl make huge money out of dramas and gain enormous fame that an award means nothing and showing so much childish interest in awards is so not my taste i mean ppl should act their age and show maturity by not bothering much with silly award shows.

The way both junior and senior pakistani actors act greedy over these absurd awards makes us pakistanis feel embarrassed before the world kay kin choti cheezon pay fikar kartay hain.

Lastly, its so ironic nauman when came on lsa last yr to give award then he was so much lecturing , jissay mila woh khush ho jissay na milay koi hard feelings na rakho, kuch dil may na rakho baat bas tum bhi khush raho khushi khushi ao khushi khushi jao and now look at him just cause he lost award to a newxomer actor ahad (who is asif raza mir tanhaiyyan heros son ) he has created so much shor sharaba.

Last edited:
Boo-hoo.
I'm sure some decades ago he too was starting out and as a new comer he was handing out awards to his seniors. Times change what's the big deal ?
Award ceremonies are meant to be dynamic and active, I don't see that happening with 70 year old hosts.
Lux is crap only AFA gives you shashka and class :D

I have said that a couple of times myself. I hope this Ijaz guy had a short walk of shame in the morning.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom