What's new

Lahore turns festive as Metro Bus service opens

I don't think education works everywhere. Its about personality as well. Our people in general are agressive like harassing women and people on the streets regularly getting into fight. Our people can understand discipline if they are sent to serve in the Army for at least 1 year. This is what South Korea and Germany do. They have to send their kids right after high school.

I don't mean educated who read books or cleared secondary school.. By education I mean Civilized..

As much as I would like to use stick, I still think education is best, and we need to promote a culture of professionalism in Pakistan. I think Pakistani culture is too casual, Pakistan needs to promote professionalism in the culture.

Thing is if those Pakistanis in that picture were here in US I doubt they would behave that way with a bus in the US, so no excuse to behave that way in Pakistan, except that the culture tolerates it.

Pakistan has a long way to go to be modernized, and the current culture isn't helping with that.

I am not denying the importance of Education, but if you see all of these kids are from some institute, but not properly educated, nor teached discipline. So first control them by stick (rules, regulations, Law), when they start understanding that they are actually demanging public property and the money of tax payers.. How can I ask the government to do something when my own kids are behaving like this uncivilized manner?

I don't mean educated who read books or cleared secondary school.. By education I mean Civilized..

Then thats got to do with parents. They need to make their kids civilized at young age. When they grow up, it gets too late and no one changes.

Then thats got to do with parents. They need to make their kids civilized at young age. When they grow up, it gets too late and no one changes.

Stick can... like traffic rules. When ever Lahore Traffic Police want to increase disciple they start giving fines to the people, even with little overstep on mall.

Stick can... like traffic rules. When ever Lahore Traffic Police want to increase disciple they start giving fines to the people, even with little overstep on mall.

I think Pakistan doesn't have Civic classes as a part of the education system, that should be made mandatory, 3 semesters of civics classes at least throughout primary and secondary schooling.

You've probably heard the recent case of young doctors's association. The police took action yesterday and still they are bloody stubborn. Perhaps even harsher treatment should be tested lol.

Metro Bus: Overcrowding, ill-discipline mar first full day of service

Tempers flared at several Metro Bus Service (MBS) stations due to overcrowding on Monday, prompting scuffles and delays.

Many people stayed on buses for several rounds of the 27-kilometre MBS route, while the number of buses was also not at full strength.
The much-trumpeted bus service, launched on Sunday and free for the first four weeks, drew many users apparently there for a ride to check out the buses, rather than actually go anywhere. By noon, several buses were so packed they were not stopping at stations to take on new riders.
Meanwhile, claims by the city’s transport managers that buses would run every three minutes were proved hollow, as intervals of 15-20 minutes were reported between buses.
Further, women passengers were harassed on several buses. Unlike most buses in the province, there is no separate section for women on the articulated MBS buses.
The buses were boarded by a large number of users at Shahdra and Nishter Colony in the morning. They stayed on the buses for a long time and the vehicles got more and more crowded.
Officials at the Ichhra and Gaddafi Stadium bus stations said that the buses could not stop for new passengers as the ones inside were refusing to leave. When the doors opened, few came out while a dozen more wanted to board. They said that they had communicated the messy situation to the control room and had sought more guards.
Student Muhammad Abbas, who ended up in scuffling with MBS station officers at Gaddafi Stadium, said that he had been waiting for an hour. “I have no choice but to wait for these buses as the other public transport routes have been altered for the MBS,” he said.

Syed Adil Shah from Cantonment and his cousin Muhammad Shahzeb, from Karachi, had planned to travel on the bus. “We waited more than 40 minutes for the bus to arrive. Several buses didn’t stop at the station. We had to walk home,” said Shah.
Talha, a student and a resident of DHA, also got stuck at the Gaddafi Stadium stop. He said that the service shouldn’t have been made free for the first four weeks, as the facility was just being abused.
MBS General Manager Uzair Shah, speaking to The Express Tribune, said that the events of the day were “a well-planned conspiracy to make the service fail”.
He said that people had “occupied” the buses and were not getting off. “Several brawls have been reported,” he said.
He said a plan was being worked on to resolve the situation, but did not elaborate. Asked if they would drop the idea of making the service free for one month, he said that this was a decision for the Punjab government, as it had announced the free service.
Shah said that 38 of the 45 MBS buses were in service on Monday, with seven sent in for minor repairs as their doors had been damaged. He said the windows of several buses were damaged by users on Monday.

Metro Bus: Overcrowding, ill-discipline mar first full day of service – The Express Tribune

I read something like the bus may have offered a temporary free ride or something, I don't know, but what I do know such behavior is uncivilized and unacceptable no matter what.

Have they ever read it in any book that this behaviour is un-civilized? answer is NO.

It is because we have taken out civil and morale building chapters from the books.

We use to learn it from Urdu and Islamiyat text books, which are long gone, targeting to promote liberalism and democracy!

itni excitment???

anyways,congrats guys.

I could see the commotion from my university. People were crazy! It was like there were free iPods or something. I was more amazed at people's excitment about the project than anything and PS the Sharif govt. has restricted privately owned means of mass transit from localities that cater the Metro Bus route; great mob mentality!

Yes, very festive...:coffee:

505839-MetroBusphotoTariqHassanexpress-1360604579-608-640x480.JPG

Dur lanat...

chat peh bhi to jaga he lol

huh..they have already charged enough to make metro buses:hitwall:they shouldn't suppose to charge good amount..because of poor class.

Hopefully the amount of people riding these buses will die down otherwise more will be needed.

Yes, very festive...:coffee:

505839-MetroBusphotoTariqHassanexpress-1360604579-608-640x480.JPG

Dur lanat...

Are those "Emergency Exit" doors from which people are entering ?

metrobuslaunch-670.jpg

Metro buses seen on track after inauguration of the service in the provincial capital.

LAHORE: The Metro Bus System (MBS), arguably the country’s first rapid mass transit bus project, was launched here on Monday.

It was inaugurated by Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif at a ceremony attended by Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag, PML-N chief Nawaz Sharif and ambassadors of a number of countries.

About 45 modern buses started plying a 27km dedicated corridor from Gajjumata to Shahdra. The service is free for one month.

Lahore turns festive as Metro Bus service opens | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

1 month free ride ? :woot:

1 Maheney me to halat khasta ker de gi public by Overriding like this.

Are those "Emergency Exit" doors from which people are entering ?

1 month free ride ? :woot:

1 Maheney me to halat khasta ker de gi public by Overriding like this.

un mai mai bhi hoon gaaa....pehley pehlay :woot:khirki k paas bethoon ga:D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom