What's new

Lahore needs new Master Plan like Dubai & Other International Mega Cities (High Rise Buildings Plan)

Lahore direly needs a new big road infrastructure within the city, gulberg, canal road, massive fly overs needed, no idea what the Local Government doing, or the Punjab government doing now!

95% of Punjab’s budget was spent on Lahore in last 20 years and still Lahore doesn’t have a master plan and need development. What about rest of Punjab?

95% of Punjab’s budget was spent on Lahore in last 20 years and still Lahore doesn’t have a master plan and need development. What about rest of Punjab?
My opinion, let somebody get rich first (in a legit way, of course,) or nobody will.

Asians have that I think near universal flaw, the moment they see anybody of their's getting ahead, they team up, and decide to drag the guy back.

We need to build new modern, digital and sustainably cites like in ME and China.

Last edited:
I've seen the street videos of tourists in Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar. It looks horrific.

I can see why there is gated communities. It looks over crowded, traffic is all over the place, lack of pedestrian access and men in dirty clothes just standing around.

The first thing that needs to be done in each city there needs to be a 1 mile radius in the city centre that is clean and organised and riff raff people cleared away. Build from there.

I've seen the street videos of tourists in Karachi, Lahore and Peshawar. It looks horrific.

I can see why there is gated communities. It looks over crowded, traffic is all over the place, lack of pedestrian access and men in dirty clothes just standing around.

The first thing that needs to be done in each city there needs to be a 1 mile radius in the city centre that is clean and organised and riff raff people cleared away. Build from there.
And compare what you described to this:

This is basically heaven in comparison, the infrastructure when he makes the first turn is immaculate

And compare what you described to this:

This is basically heaven in comparison, the infrastructure when he makes the first turn is immaculate

It needs to be an organic part of the city. Why does a dha look better than the damn city centre?

Lahore should have a city centre with skyscrapers and financial district. Punjabis have a lot of wealth. I don't understand how corruption can get this bad. Some African countries are starting to look a lot better.

It needs to be an organic part of the city. Why does a dha look better than the damn city centre?

Lahore should have a city centre with skyscrapers and financial district. Punjabis have a lot of wealth. I don't understand how corruption can get this bad. Some African countries are starting to look a lot better.
I don't know, probably because of the class disparity, if you build this as an organic part of the city, it will be flooded with the people you mentioned earlier, those that litter, sit on the side of the streets wearing dirty clothes, etc.

I think this is more of a slow process where you need to build up to get there. Money should be spent more on organisation of cities with good transport and public infrastructure like roads, implement fines for littering, control the beggars. Eliminate class disparity or at least get the majority to a base level and then things like this can become part of the city naturally.

You haven't seen Dhaka. I've been here 5 years ago, and visiting again now with a work visit.

5 years ago, south part of the city looked almost like a warzone, probably worse.

Now they got nice Gulshan CBD, but much of the city is a mess far greater than what I seen in Lahore 5 years ago too, and Islamabad would actually look very nice, almost 1st world in a relative comparison.

Back
Top Bottom