What's new

Kunduz update

CQIYr5cVAAAFgWp.jpg

Picture of Taliban Governor for Kunduz Mullah Abdul Salam visit just now to Kunduz city

I thinks its a normal reaction , remember back in the days of hakeemullah mehsud , Pakistanis would often blame U.S of all countries ,of arming TTP. When infact , US was conducting drone attacks every day against TTP and TTP claimed the chapman attack killing CIA operatives.
Its much easier to blame others instead of looking at your own ill doings.

yes you do have a point.

I wonder what the Taliban are thinking -- they know they can't hold the city -- they will get slaughtered when ISAF joins the fight. They got their propaganda victory, why not vacate the city and let the people be at peace too.

Some of the same Mujahideen recently massacred a lot of your military families. You still like them..?? Strange.. I thought Pakistanis respected their military much more than that..

There is difference b/w Mujahideen and Terrorists....
And yes we respect our Military, and our Military knws that ppl of Pakistan are standing with them in any dark and difficult times.

I wonder what the Taliban are thinking -- they know they can't hold the city -- they will get slaughtered when ISAF joins the fight. They got their propaganda victory, why not vacate the city and let the people be at peace too.

The Mongols in the Northern regions of China use to raid cities and loot all of its valuables then proceed to retreat. Reports have come in that the Taliban have at captured least 150 armored humvees and several hundred police vehicles. In the morning Kunduz City bank was blown up and $8 million was stolen. When you can sleep, eat and walk around in your enemies home, then this is a big psychological impact on the civilians and the security forces. So far counter-attacks have been repulsed and reinforcements have not reached the airport because they have been ambushed. This was a well coordinated attack and its a projection of power from the new Taliban Leader. Reports have suggested that the Taliban have claimed 8 tanks have been destroyed.

Source #Kuduz: "situation critical". Says hill near airport taken by talibs has now tank artillery. Bombed: NYT conf

May be a traitor to you ... for us they are Mujahideen.

Hon sir, beg to disagree. Mujahidin were those who fought the Soviet forces.

There were seven factions; none of the leaders of the factions belong to Taliban. Mullah Omer supposedly fought for Hizbe Isalmi under Nek Mohammed. Hence one may call him a Mujahid.

Most of the current leaders of Taliban were too young to fight the Soviets. Present day Afghan Taliban are those who fought & killed other Afghans to attain power. May be you have forgotten that Taliban killed Ahmed Shah Masood, one of most prominent leaders of the Mujahidin fighters during Soviet - Afghan war

To call murderers of women and cut throat Taliban ‘Mujahidin’ is an insult to the name of " Mujahid".

This is bad for us....Reports suggest that some Uzbek scum are also part of the assault.

All the more reason for us to heavily mine the border !

There is difference b/w Mujahideen and Terrorists....
And yes we respect our Military, and our Military knws that ppl of Pakistan are standing with them in any dark and difficult times.
You guys claim that TTP attacks from Afghanistan. You also claim that its the writ of Afghan Taliban aka Mujahiddin that runs in Afghanistan. That amounts to TTP being supported by AT. QED

I thinks its a normal reaction , remember back in the days of hakeemullah mehsud , Pakistanis would often blame U.S of all countries ,of arming TTP. When infact , US was conducting drone attacks every day against TTP and TTP claimed the chapman attack killing CIA operatives.
Its much easier to blame others instead of looking at your own ill doings.

Pakistan blamed USA because during our 2009 South waziristan assault. American abandoned their posts. They pulled out from kunar and nuristan.

When you dont know the history about such blame games. It's better to remain silent instead of speaking and removing all the doubt

Afghanistan claims Pakistan is Responsible for Take over of Kunduz by Taliban why ?? Because

1. Why Pakistan is Pushing Terrorists into Afghanistan by Launching Zarb-e-Azb, Pakistan is Hunting Tali-Dogs so they are running like Dogs and Entering Afghanistan, Afghans (NAMAK HARAAM) are not concerned for securing their Borders they are more dedicated to "DESTABILIZE PAKISTAN"

2. Why Pakistan released those two Taliban who took over Kunduz?? (May be Because Afghans (HARAAM KHOOR & NAMAK HARAAM) begged Pakistan for them)

3. There are "NO WEAK POINTS" in Afghans (HARAAM KHOOR & NAMAK HARAAM) when it come to internal matters Like, Why Northern Alliance commander is supporting Taliban or why Those Taliban who Afghans (HARAAM KHOOR & NAMAK HARAAM) took from Pakistan custody for Negotiations are carrying assault in Kunduz.

I wish Every Afghan (HARAAM KHOOR & NAMAK HARAAM) who Back Stabbed Pakistan gets a Bullet from Tali-dog or dies in a Friendly fire by US of A. ROT in HELL Afghans (HARAAM KHOOR & NAMAK HARAAM)

You have been reported, grow up and stop cursing.

May be a traitor to you ... for us they are Mujahideen.

I have no time to talk to a terrorist apologist like yourself, stop tagging me. I hope you do realize that the moment Afghan taliban take over Afghanistan, you will be next, your head will roll as well. Their TTP brethren have no love lost for you, so be careful what you wish for.

Pathetic people such as yourself call murderers as Mujahedin, shame on you.

Pakistan blamed USA because during our 2009 South waziristan assault. American abandoned their posts. They pulled out from kunar and nuristan.

When you dont know the history about such blame games. It's better to remain silent instead of speaking and removing all the doubt

I am sorry but what does pulling troops out of Kunar or Nuristan have to do with South Waziristan . Kunar and Nuristan are adjacent to Bajaur and Dir agency. Pulling out troops there would have no affect as during op -south waziristan TTP either fled to NorthWaziristan or to Zabul Province in Afghanistan.
Americans never had much presence in Paktika or Helmand to begin with .For this reason from 2009-2011 they started focusing more on Southern afghanistan i.e Helmand. Hence the troop surge and Operation Marjah .

And abandoning posts near ops doesnt equate to TTP allegedly being an American proxy.

@metalfalcon please refrain from cursing other nationalities
your posts will be deleted if they include abusive words for members or other countries. dont let your efforts get wasted because of bad choice of words

@Samandri @Sher Malang

I need your view on this. It seems that the capture of Kunduz was orchestrated by the Taliban, but the only reason it was a success was because of the locals on the ground. I don't mean to wish the Afghans misfortune, but this is confusing me. Who is the really bad guy here? ANA and government forces or the taliban? I definitely don't feel the same way about TTP, however in this case it seems like the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is receiving so much support that they were able to overrun an entire city, and that being a very strategic city.

It seems like the taliban were forced to abandon Kunduz during 2001 war, with the top leadership being evacuated by the Kunduz airlift, however now they have come back and took revenge for it. The taliban are taking a much softer approach than before which is surprising. It seems like many of the locals are supporting them, and that they prefer their rule to the central government and ANA.

I would appreciate your thoughts. I'm not sure how to feel about this. Who is the terrorist and who is the oppressor?

Also, how should Pakistan react to these events?

Back
Top Bottom