What's new

Kingdom pressing Pakistan to abandon IP gas pipeline.

We should really start thinking about developing ties with Iran... US is going to betray us sooner or later. They reimbursed us for our deployment on the Afghan border with much difficulty and an official even stated the aid may stop in the past. I can't believe my people can't see this coming as it came after the 1980's when we beat the soviets for the Americans. They gave us the Presler amendment as a gift and turned a blind eye to India's siachen incursion which turned out to be a huge loss for us.

Iran is a very logical option and if we play diplomacy right we can work with China and form a nexus of our three nations.

Pakistan should stay close with iran, we are brothers and we need each other:)

Going to happen only when this silly government disappears. The FO badly mistreated Iranian minister recently... he didn't want the pipeline to be publically known it seems... so that the master USA wouldn't whip us.

At least Iran is living with honor.

Shame on Saudi Arabia for settling scores with Iran through us.

Pakistan should considers iran hostility towards Saudi Arabia and should keep in mind that Iran is now under sanctions. This Project will defiantly be causing a slight affect on the economic war Saudi Arabis is leading against Iran. However,I do think Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will reach and agreement where pakistan could proceed with pipeline project aiming toward the future. Im referring to the time after the overthrown of the current Iranian regime. Im also sure that the alternative energy deal will be more valuable putting other GCC countries into your calculation esp Qatar and the huge amount of gas they have. Simply, Pakistan will not be left alone.

Pakistan should considers iran hostility towards Saudi Arabia and should keep in mind that Iran is now under sanctions. This Project will defiantly be causing a slight affect on the economic war Saudi Arabis is leading against Iran. However,I do think Pakistan and Saudi Arabia will reach and agreement where pakistan could proceed with pipeline project aiming toward the future. Im referring to the time after the overthrown of the current Iranian regime. Im also sure that the alternative energy deal will be more valuable putting other GCC countries into your calculation esp Qatar and the huge amount of gas they have. Simply, Pakistan will not be left alone.
won't happen, energy is our current need and we should import it from iran no matter how much it hurts it others the arabs, it will benefit poor population of pakistan which is more important to us thn keeping arab countries happy meanwhile you guys can dream about overthrowing iranian government.

Shame on Saudi Arabia for settling scores with Iran through us.

More like you are denying the 'payback' to Saudis.

Pakistan has always enjoyed the overt support of the Saudis on all fronts.

The subsequent governments of Pakistan did not feel the need for educational infrastructure and reforms and let the Saudis fill the gap for them. The people of Pakistan too did not have any problems.

The Saudis allowed oil subsidies to Pakistan for a very long time that amounted to over $5 million a day. The governments and the people of Pakistan still did not have any problems.

The Saudis exercised their control on the finances and humans resources in Afghanistan that favored the agendas of Pakistan. The governments and the people of Pakistan still did not have any problems.

Suddenly the Saudis have decided to favor a bigger party, the US, over Pakistan... and suddenly it becomes "settling scores through us".

The bitter reality is that the Saudis are too smart for Pakistanis, because they remain united. Whatever be the degree of Islamophobia and frequency of Islamic terrorism, Saudis remain untouched. They may engage in all sorts of activities that are considered haraam by almost all other Muslims and yet they are the holiest.

It is about time that Pakistanis realize that there is no such thing as free lunch, and one has to pay for it - one way or the other. With a population of 190 million, Pakistani people still hold a lot of power if they manage to unite and straighten themselves, otherwise, this alliance with Iran will only lead to more miserable conditions.

This entire region will be forced through another long era of slow but painful conflicts.

Just as Secur mentioned, it is Quid pro quo... Pakistan is not left with a lot to offer the Saudis.

won't happen, energy is our current need and we should import it from iran no matter how much it hurts it others the arabs, it will benefit poor population of pakistan which is more important to us thn keeping arab countries happy meanwhile you guys can dream about overthrowing iranian government.

If that the case. Saudi Arabia should deal with India in return how do you respond to that? Or maybe Saudi Arabia will reduced trade cancel latest agreements inn and out..
Not me saying just saying...

answer!

It is about time that Pakistanis realize that there is no such thing as free lunch, and one has to pay for it - one way or the other.

Just as Secur mentioned, it is Quid pro quo... Pakistan is not left with a lot to offer the Saudis.

Ok , but aren't you contradicting yourself here ? You listed all the help the Saudis provided us in the past , which is fine and a ground reality , but did they do it without expecting anything in return ? For starters , let us say " Nuclear umbrella " and training of their army ...

Yes , its quid pro quos , it depends on who gives us the better deal now ... With KSA signing defense agreements with a hostile neighbor of ours , we have all the right to protect our interests without any regards for the delusional " Ummah " concept here ... Here , I will add " pro re nata " ( As the circumstances arise ) here ... We had a taste of it in the 80's allowing the Saudi ideology and funding in Pakistan and we are still regretting setting of the Madarsah producing the suicide bombers and fuelling chaos in the country ... I for one , do not care for Arab/Persian rivalry ...

If that the case. Saudi Arabia should deal with India in return how do you respond to that?

Aren't you already dealing with India openly and with Israel covertly , my friend ? :azn: Who in the entire GCC even offered a condemnation for the Salala attacks or breach of our sovereignty at Abbotabad ?

So if you can deal with our enemies , why shouldn't we pay you back in the same coin ? After all , Tehran lies closer than , shall we say , Riyadh ?

Ok , but aren't you contradicting yourself here ? You listed all the help the Saudis provided us in the past , which is fine and a ground reality , but did they do it without expecting anything in return ? For starters , let us say " Nuclear umbrella " and training of their army ...

Yes , its quid pro quos , it depends on who gives us the better deal now ... With KSA signing defense agreements with a hostile neighbor of ours , we have all the right to protect our interests without any regards for the delusional " Ummah " concept here ... I will add " pro re nata " ( As the circumstances arise ) here ...

Agree here and btw it wast defense agreement rather than counter-terrirosim agreement.

What.... WHAT?

It's business my dear. KSA conducts a lot of business with India.India-Pakistan have fought 3 wars,with her still occupying the state of Jammu and Kashmir.Isn't that like KSA is fueling the fire that is burning the kashmiri Muslims.
India has many other options else KSA,just like KSA has other alternatives.But it doesn't change the reality.

We (Pak & Iran) are neighbors ,and we are not following any f*****g chanakya's policy to make every neighboring country our enemy.I hope KSA and Iran will able to resolve their differences in someway.

Nurturing conflicts and rivalry is not a solution.Trade, interdependence and dialogue towards conflict resolution is one.

Peace brother.

Yes , its quid pro quos , it depends on who gives us the better deal now ... With KSA signing defense agreements with a hostile neighbor of ours , we have all the right to protect our interests without any regards for the delusional " Ummah " concept here ... I will add " pro re nata " ( As the circumstances arise ) here ... We had a taste of it in the 80's and we are still regretting setting of the Madarsah producing the suicide bombers and fuelling chaos in the country ... I for one , do not care for Arab/Persian rivalry ...

Aren't you already dealing with India openly and with Israel covertly , my friend ? :azn: Who in the entire GCC even offered a condemnation for the Salala attacks or breach of our sovereignty at Abbotabad ?

So if you can deal with our enemies , why shouldn't we pay you back in the same coin ? After all , Tehran lies closer than , shall we say , Riyadh ?

totally agree pakistan is a sovereign countries and full independent. you take the action you see serve your country and your people.

totally agree pakistan is a sovereign countries and full independent. you take the action you see serve your country and your people.

There you are , totally right ... Only proving that there exist no such thing as Ummah as the overwhelming majority of Pakistanis believe ...

What.... WHAT?

It's business my dear. KSA conducts a lot of business with India.India-Pakistan have fought 3 wars,with her still occupying the state of Jammu and Kashmir.Isn't that like KSA is fueling the fire that is burning the kashmiri Muslims.
India has many other options else KSA,just like KSA has other alternatives.But it doesn't change the reality.

We (Pak & Iran) are neighbors ,and we are not following any f*****g chanakya's policy to make every neighboring country our enemy.I hope KSA and Iran will able to resolve their differences in someway.

Nurturing conflicts and rivalry is not a solution.Trade, interdependence and dialogue towards conflict resolution is one.

Peace brother.

you said it business. that's why we are offering an alternative deal that will meet pakistan demand at least until the mullas are over.

Back
Top Bottom