What's new

Kingdom pressing Pakistan to abandon IP gas pipeline.

You are trying to insult wahabi muslims directly. Obviously you are talking to me. I am wahabi.

This is what we believe:

We don't worship graves.

We do not listen to a Mullah as our conection with God is personal.

So please explain your outrageous outbursts?

it gets really annoying when people link this belief to abcd ideologies export to Pakistan by Saudis..i totally disagree with tht...My father told me his father(my grandfather) was totally against these kind of practices like going to mazars and listening to shirk kalam even though my grandfather have never been to Saudi Arabia and got zero link with any Saudi Mulla..still he advised my dad to stay away from such practices and called them shirk and bidaat..so how can i believe tht its Saudi who brought this ideology to us? I will practice what my grandfather was practicing... they call it Wahabism or whatever end line is I know the truth. Saudion ne apni qabar pe jana hai wo hon na hon hume Islam ka khud ilm hona chaheye

Koi wahabi shahbhi sect ney hain.

Hum sirif Musalman hain.

Bas pir ki khabar hum kuch maangnay ney jaate.

And we don't consider any religious authority over god and quaran.

Same here...and thanks for clarification...maine socha Razpak bhai ko achanak kya hogya to poocha :P

Some people are obliviously overlooking the assistance that KSA has offered us in need.

Iran gas pipeline is the need of the hour, we got to overcome our energy crisis for once and for all, no better alternative exists. Pakistan must not bow to any pressure.

if you guys do it then we may join you later on and make it IPI pipeline:cheers:

There are strong rumors that Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has joined the United States to oppose Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline project for which Pakistan is trying to arrange financing in the face of tightening US sanction on Iran.

The Chinese have already pulled out of the project after the US imposed sanctions on banks and other entities dealing with projects and transactions involving Iran. Russia's Gazprom is reportedly interested in financing and constructing the Pakistan section of the pipeline, but only on the condition that the project be awarded to it without any competitive bidding.

The question now is how should Pakistan deal with the situation? Can Pakistan satisfy its growing energy needs without alienating the Saudis and avoiding crippling US sanctions which could be more damaging than its current energy crisis?

To answer these questions, let's first examine the following facts:

1. Pakistan has at least 50 trillion cubic feet of recoverable domestic shale gas reserves, according to US Energy Information Administration.

2. US oil and gas companies are pioneers and leaders in shale gas development. In fact, these firms have been so successful that there is now a gas glut in the United States and gas prices have plummeted to less than $2 per mmBTU (approx 1000 cubic feet).

3. Iran-Pakistan deal requires Pakistan to pay $11-12 per mmBTU for its gas, six times the current price in the United States. Since the pricing formula for Iranian gas is based on the price of oil, it's almost certain that Pakistan will end up paying more than $12 per mmBTU with rising oil prices in the future.

4. Pakistan needs investment and technical know-how to develop its shale gas reserves to assure cheap and abundant energy supply.

Considering the above-mentioned facts, I think the best option for Pakistan is to go with its own domestic shale gas at a fraction of the price Iran is demanding.

Pakistan's best interest is not in defying Saudis and Americans to buy expensive Iranian gas and end up with crippling sanctions which could be much worse than its current energy crisis. Its best interests will be served by developing its own cheap domestic shale gas on an accelerated schedule with Saudi investment and US tech know-how. If the Americans and the Saudis refuse to help, then Pakistan will have a stronger case to go with the Iran gas option.

Haq's Musings: Pakistan's Shale Gas With US & KSA Help?

Very well put and articulated. I actually started my post with what you have just said and then deleted it. I realized that we cannot extract gas reserves from shale cheaper than what it costs to buy it unless we can get the new side drilling technology from US which they have used successfully in Texas and some other states with huge shale reserves. According to whatever data on shale reserves available at present only very few countries have developed the technology successfully to make it commercially viable. We have to learn and adapt.

small_new-map.png

Figure 1. Map of 48 major shale gas basins in 32 countries

The development of shale gas plays has become a “game changer” for the U.S. natural gas market. The proliferation of activity into new shale plays has increased dry shale gas production in the United States from 0.39 trillion cubic feet in 2000 to 4.80 trillion cubic feet in 2010, or 23 percent of U.S. dry gas production. Wet shale gas reserves have increased to about 60.64 trillion cubic feet by year-end 2009, when they comprised about 21 percent of overall U.S. natural gas reserves, now at the highest level since 1971.

http://www.eia.gov/analysis/studies/worldshalegas/

If Saudi Arabia continue to behave childish, when will Pakistan bomb on them ?

Is that even a remote possibility.. Any such move will destabilize Pakistan totally. Not to forget the response from Saudi Arabia.
They do have perhaps the most modern fighter aircrafts in the region in huge numbers. In addition the economic response itself will cripple Pakistan.

@Surenas we are not with you,nor against you,same with the arabs.

Pakistan has no enemity with, both nations as long as we have mutual interests, Pakistan must have a working relationship with both.

Pakistan must be a neutral force,in the region and must not tilt towards either side. Whoever extends hands to Pakistan should be welcomed.

Arabs and Iran can fight the hell out of each other,doesnt bother us.

Last edited by a moderator:
brother read the history of deobandis.. they are an offshoots of Najdi/Wahabis branch

what i know is deobandi is derived from indian city deoband :P

Deoband (Hindi: देवबंद, Urdu: دیوبند‎, Devband) is a city and a municipal board in Saharanpur district in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India.

Deoband is about 150 km from Delhi. It is best known for Darul Uloom of Deoband, one of the most important and influential schools of Islamic Studies and the presence of the Jamia Tibbiya Deoband college of Unani Medicine, imparting the qualifications of B.U.M.S. and M.D.

Deobandi (Urdu: دیو بندی‎, Hindi: देवबन्दी) is a term used for a revivalist movement in Sunni Islam (Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama'ah) under the Hanafi School.[1] It is centered primarily in India, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bangladesh and has recently spread to United Kingdom and South Africa.[2][3]The name derives from Deoband, India, where the school Darul Uloom Deoband is situated. The movement was inspired by the spirit of scholar Shah Waliullah (1703-1762).[4] while the foundation of Darul Uloom Deoband was laid on 30 May 1866.[

I think Iran and Pakistan should be friends, we are neighbors after all, these saudis have given nothing but misery formed in the disguised of Islamic brotherhood

I think Iran and Pakistan should be friends, we are neighbors after all, these saudis have given nothing but misery formed in the disguised of Islamic brotherhood

yes Iran is better much pleasure in their Islamic brotherhood. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom