What's new

Khyber Pakhtoonkhwa, new name for NWFP

Different Names same Thing.When will our Politicians stop using this kind of cheap things to blind masses.Whatever if people of Province are happy with the name anyone shouldn't have any objection.

Last edited:
shukar hai k hazarawal bhe jagay magar dair say. Main nai to media pay hazarawals kee taraf say koee khas ehtejaj nahee suna jo k hona chaheye tha. Aur ab bhee waqt hath say nahee gaya. Mai bhee hazarawal hoo magar ye hazara national front is sary mamlay mai qio nahee bola aur q khamosh raha. Aur jaha tak khyber pakhtoonkhua kehnay ke baat hai to please ap is naam ko suar ka gosht khanay kay mutradif na kahai. Beshak humai ye naam kabhi bhee qabool nahee ho go aur na hai magar humain bahaisaiat hazarawal qaum kissi dusri pakistani qaum say nafrat nahee karnee chaheye. I repeat ab bhee waqt hai.

why dont they go for Hazara-Pakhtunkhwa(or Pakhtunkhwa-Hazara) that will keep everybody happy.

Listen mate, we are the one who voted to join Pakistan in 1947 not the ANP and their Guru Bacha Khan.It was effort of Khan Abdul Qayyum Khan, Sardar Abdul rab Nashter join pakistan, both were Hindko speaking.
ANP is the party who was against the creation of Pakistan in the first place, they still are anti-Pakistan party.
Hazara has always been stronghold of Muslim League now N and Q.
The mistake we made was to vote these Panjab based parties who protected their own interest not our when it came to rename N.W.F.P.
There is noway we will live in a province call pashtoonkhah, we are not pashtoon and will not give anyone right to call our area the name we always hated.We are the inhabitant of the N.W.F.P and pashtoon tribes actually migrated to N.W.F.P from Afghanistan. They do not belong to this land, they are afghan by race and should go back to Afghanistan.
Remember where Bacha Khan is buried, Jalal Abad, that proves they are from the area which is in present Afghanistan.
We also want Pak Govt to send Afghan Refugees( locally called Kabli) immediately to their home as they will also claim to have a province an Pakistan.

Brother you are absolutely right. Early in the morning when I heard the news believe me I got headache out of frustration. I am glad that pashtuns have got their identity. What frustrates me is " where is my identity". We are a nation more than five times larger than Gilgit-Baltistan. You are absolutely right that we must say goodbye to Punjabis because no one else is going to fight for your cause except you. But I am happy that people like you and other hazarawals are there to stand alive to the issue. But I am disappointed with Hazarawal political leaders who became silent ducks in the deal. We will either be adding our name Hazara instead of Khyber or will split to make our own province. Even now we have time to come on streets to press for our demand.

why dont they go for Hazara-Pakhtunkhwa(or Pakhtunkhwa-Hazara) that will keep everybody happy.

I agree this is the only way
to remain united with pakhtuns otherwise no one can save Hazarawals from becoming another province.

Listen mate, we are the one who voted to join Pakistan in 1947 not the ANP and their Guru Bacha Khan.It was effort of Khan Abdul Qayyum Khan, Sardar Abdul rab Nashter join pakistan, both were Hindko speaking.
ANP is the party who was against the creation of Pakistan in the first place, they still are anti-Pakistan party.
Hazara has always been stronghold of Muslim League now N and Q.
The mistake we made was to vote these Panjab based parties who protected their own interest not our when it came to rename N.W.F.P.
There is noway we will live in a province call pashtoonkhah, we are not pashtoon and will not give anyone right to call our area the name we always hated.We are the inhabitant of the N.W.F.P and pashtoon tribes actually migrated to N.W.F.P from Afghanistan. They do not belong to this land, they are afghan by race and should go back to Afghanistan.
Remember where Bacha Khan is buried, Jalal Abad, that proves they are from the area which is in present Afghanistan.
We also want Pak Govt to send Afghan Refugees( locally called Kabli) immediately to their home as they will also claim to have a province an Pakistan.

My friend, Pashtoons of Pakistan didnt migrate from Afghanistan, NWFP is their land as much NWFP is your land. You should know that Pashtoons are not the only people living in Afghanistan, for example Tajiks have the longest history in Afghanistan and central asia compare to the other people. Secondly, pakistan is the country of paksitanis, if they want tell the refugees to go back then taht is fine. it is your country and you can decide what is best for it.

Can someone please explain to me who the Hazaras are? Obviously I read about the Hazara's on Wiki, but the reason I ask is.....

I was recently watching the movie "The Kite Runner" and there is a scene where this teenage Bully refers to a Hazara servant boy as "Flat nosed Hazara" claiming that they pollute the purity of the land of the Pushtuns.....following it up by sodomizing the little boy later in the movie to "teach the pig a lesson".....

Can someone who is ethnic Pushtun or has lived in or around these areas tell me what the issue is with Hazaras?

Thanks in advance....

Hazara is a caste in Central Afghanistan who are related to Genghis Khan. They speak persian and are 95 per cent shias. In anglo-afghan wars, they sided with Britians against the afghans. When Britians lost the wars, hazaras faced great retaliation from the local pashtuns. Great Britian being the master of India allowed them to migrate to Quetta and settle there. General Musa belonged to this caste. The boy you mentioned must belong to this case as they have flat noses and narrow eyes with pale skin colour.

Whereas Hazara is an administrative area in NWFP and people belonging to these areas are hindko speaking and are called hazarawals.

Hazara is a caste in Central Afghanistan who are related to Genghis Khan. They speak persian and are 95 per cent shias. In anglo-afghan wars, they sided with Britians against the afghans. When Britians lost the wars, hazaras faced great retaliation from the local pashtuns. Great Britian being the master of India allowed them to migrate to Quetta and settle there. General Musa belonged to this caste. The boy you mentioned must belong to this case as they have flat noses and narrow eyes with pale skin colour.

Whereas Hazara is an administrative area in NWFP and people belonging to these areas are hindko speaking and are called hazarawals.

Hazaras siding with british is not true. there might be some who have sided with the british, but you can never say the hazaras as an ethnic group sided with the british. it is totally wrong. Shah Shuja who was Pashtoon himself had sided with the british and was their puppet, but you cant say the pashtoons were siding with the brits just because S.Shoja was pashtoon. during the 3 wars with the british, it was mostly pashtoons and tajiks who fought the british because their area were close to british empire borders and they got the first attacks from brits. the problem between hazaras and pashtoons is purely ethnic problem and nothing to do with the brits. amir abdul rahman khan killed alot of innocent hazaras and enslaved their kids and women which was totally against our culture and religion. thats how some hazaras migrated to pakistan.

Hazaras siding with british is not true. there might be some who have sided with the british, but you can never say the hazaras as an ethnic group sided with the british. it is totally wrong. Shah Shuja who was Pashtoon himself had sided with the british and was their puppet, but you cant say the pashtoons were siding with the brits just because S.Shoja was pashtoon. during the 3 wars with the british, it was mostly pashtoons and tajiks who fought the british because their area were close to british empire borders and they got the first attacks from brits. the problem between hazaras and pashtoons is purely ethnic problem and nothing to do with the brits. amir abdul rahman khan killed alot of innocent hazaras and enslaved their kids and women which was totally against our culture and religion. thats how some hazaras migrated to pakistan.

Dear You cannot deny history. Why did Amir ABdul Rehman not kill or ensalve other non-pashtun or persian speaking tribes in Afghnistan.

Dear You cannot deny history. Why did Amir ABdul Rehman not kill or ensalve other non-pashtun or persian speaking tribes in Afghnistan.

My friend, that cruel Amir killed everybody but he paid special attention to the hazaras because hazaras had all kinds of differences with him including resisting Amir's attempts to control hazara areas. that amir killed many many persians(Tajiks) as well, he also killed alot of pashtoon opponents too. as i said before, people might have cooperated with the british, but none of the ethnic groups as an ethnic group helped the british. yaqob khan, shah shoja and others who were pashtoon were all the slaves of british, but you cant say the pashtoons sided with the british.

One more correction i need to add to your post, persians are ethnic group not tribe. persians(tajiks) do not have tribal life. tribal life is practised among the pashtoons.

i am glad you shed more light about hazara of nwfp, i totally had different idea about them.

m_u_rehman...and how do you know creation of another province is inevitable?
not providing essentials to the population of N.W.F.P nothing constructive has been done yet parties are fighting for power and are corrupt and unimportant activities. ANP or any other party and overall in Pakistan all have failed to provide what they promised to the people of Pakistan. I don't accept or take this name for me its still is N.W.F.P i am not ready to accept this name it reminds me of terrorists and just terrorists. govt should move on do something better for the country instead of stuck in a moment to change names and fight on fixing dates of eid and what not!

...In punjabi "B MAAR KAY RAKHDETA WAY AAS MULK DA"

"RAKHDETee",,, "B" is "موٴنث" :rofl:

Five rivers make it "Punj-Aaab", & Punjabis r called so because of Punjab & NOT vice versa...

"Sindus" river is the reason behind the name "Sindh",, & Sindhis are called so because of Sindh & NOT otherwise...

When there r so many grave issues troubling Pak Watan, these "نمک حرام" politicians r bickering on name changes,,,

I'll keep calling it "صوبه سرحد" NO matter what name they give it (because I'm conservative in nature),,, besides this new name is NOT as catchy as "سرحد"... & "NWFP" is the worst as a name..
...Thank you but no thanks we the people of NWFP, Pakistan want developmet not name changes, call it peanut or banana or anything it doesnt matter just give us development.

You call it Mumbai or Bombay it doesnt matter, may be it gives some vested interests some solace but nothing more than that.

Exactly that's my thoughts... Politicians!!! Do some real work instead of exhausting ur energies on name change,,, My name was changed from R.P to S.U.R when i was in 4th class,,, but i'am still the same "بونگا"...

I recently was talking to some Pushtoons from Peshawer & they were using name "sarhad" in their talks...

& as far as patriotism to Pakistan is concerned,,, i literally believe ppl from sarhad & baluchistan are more patriotic than punjabis.... Even thou i am a punjabi myself but i really believe this,,,

Last edited:
I agree this is the only way
to remain united with pakhtuns otherwise no one can save Hazarawals from becoming another province.

I agree with you , Hazara have it own value ,
the name should be only 'khayber' ... Or there should be another province named as 'Hazara'.

I agree with you , Hazara have it own value ,
the name should be only 'khayber' ... Or there should be another province named as 'Hazara'.

Additional provinces will likely also be a comprehensive and drawn out process achieved through consensus.

If you demarcate a separate Hazara province, then we also need a Seraikh/Bahawalpur province in Punjab. A Pakhtun province out of Baluchistan (perhaps some more even). Two provinces out of Sindh, one centered around Karachi and Hyderabad.

Once movement towards additional provinces is made, it will open the floodgates of demands from a variety of communities.

Now I personally think that is fine - we should create more provinces based on the old 12 divisions maybe, or along broad ethno-linguistic lines such as the ones mentioned above. But it will be a tough sell politically.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom