19511868.jpg

19511937.jpg

19512033.jpg

19512137.jpg

19512256.jpg

57240865.jpg

khuzdar.jpg

wadh_khuzdar-wallpaper-2400x1350.jpg

@W.11 Does Balochistan receive good rainfall each year? How good is the availability of water in the major cities and towns of Balochistan?

Its snowing these days.. and yes it does..

@W.11 braat.. thank you for such threads.

Don't mind me asking this, but the majority of Balochistan is geographically part of the Iranian plateau, isn't it? Many areas seem devoid of vegetation in some of the pics. Hence, I asked about it. Is there plentiful supply of water all year? And are there any major irrigation projects in the region?

ps: is 'Braat' the baloch word for Brother?

Don't mind me asking this, but the majority of Balochistan is geographically part of the Iranian plateau, isn't it? Many areas seem devoid of vegetation in some of the pics. Hence, I asked about it. Is there plentiful supply of water all year? And are there any major irrigation projects in the region?

We have a plan to build a dam which is facing political issues. If built , the agriculture in Baluchistan will be revolutionized.

Its called the Kalabagh dam which will produce 4000 megawatts of energy as well.

We have a plan to build a dam which is facing political issues. If built , the agriculture in Baluchistan will be revolutionized.
Any ideas on which river this project is supposed to come up? And are there any water canals diverted to Balochistan from the Indus?

Don't mind me asking this, but the majority of Balochistan is geographically part of the Iranian plateau, isn't it?
Yes..

Many areas seem devoid of vegetation in some of the pics. Hence, I asked about it. Is there plentiful supply of water all year? And are there any major irrigation projects in the region?

Not as abundant as in Punjab or even KPK... Streams,rivers or "kareez" system helps... other than that dams like Sabakzais,mirani etc did impact the local farmers...in a good way...

yes... although its a lil different when pronounced..

Yes..

Not as abundant as in Punjab or even KPK... Streams,rivers or "kareez" system helps... other than that dams like Sabakzais,mirani etc did impact the local farmers...in a good way...

yes... although its a lil different when pronounced..
Thanks. Owing to the proximity of Baloch coast to the Saudi mainland, not enough moisture is picked up by the monsoon winds that blow from the Arabian Sea. That may be one reason for lesser rainfall.

btw, the word for Brother in Sanskrit is 'Bhraata' :)

Thanks. Owing to the proximity of Baloch coast to the Saudi mainland, not enough moisture is picked up by the monsoon winds that blow from the Arabian Sea. That may be one reason for lesser rainfall.

does forestation increase the amount of rain? is it possible is this part of the land?

btw, the word for Brother in Sanskrit is 'Bhraata' :)

Oman is about a hour or so by boat from gwadar...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom