What's new

Kharian- the city of wonders.

Where are you from?
Who are you? You are a member since 2006 but i dont know you, did you change your Username?
Khairpur, my ancestral village, though i have never lived there permanently, i live in Karachi.

Who are you? You are a member since 2006 but i dont know you, did you change your Username?
Khairpur, my ancestral village, though i have never lived there permanently, i live in Karachi.

I just come back after many years.

Please get me banned! But what exactly are the wonders of this city? Even my home town has a lot of Wonders!
@Shabaz Sharif and i ban you from kharian.
now you will never experience its wonders.

i will have to show you the wonders of kharian

DSC00702_fxjrd_Pak101(dot)com.JPG

thats the tree of baba lal deen, legend has it who ever sits under that tree on a sunny day will not get a sun burn.

Sadwal_kalan1.JPG

the field of never ending flour. legend has it when you plant grain in this field your harvest triples.

do you have anything like that in khairpur?
i don't think so.
these are use 2 wonders. ill list more later.

and once @Shabaz Sharif puts the under ground metro here we will be a real metropolis.

I don't know how big Gujranwala Cantonment is, but what I know from word of an army officer that Kharian is very important strategically and is very beautiful he invited me to visit as he belongs to that place.
its like the best place in punjab, we are right in the middle of islamabad and karachi and also right on the border of 2 different districts. so we can get cng every day by just driving down the road lol.
plus both airports are less then 2 hrs away roads improve airports will only be an hour away.

@Shabaz Sharif and i ban you from kharian.
now you will never experience its wonders.

i will have to show you the wonders of kharian

DSC00702_fxjrd_Pak101(dot)com.JPG

thats the tree of baba lal deen, legend has it who ever sits under that tree on a sunny day will not get a sun burn.

Sadwal_kalan1.JPG

the field of never ending flour. legend has it when you plant grain in this field your harvest triples.

do you have anything like that in khairpur?
i don't think so.
these are use 2 wonders. ill list more later.

and once @Shabaz Sharif puts the under ground metro here we will be a real metropolis.

its like the best place in punjab, we are right in the middle of islamabad and karachi and also right on the border of 2 different districts. so we can get cng every day by just driving down the road lol.
plus both airports are less then 2 hrs away roads improve airports will only be an hour away.

Islamabad should be only hour away driving, poor roads mean we take no longer. Will never understand why ganja Sharif didnt chose this route for Islamabad-Lahore motorway. I will ask him today.

Due to the shade? :unsure:
obviously lol, its not like it has magic lol.

i really thought people will get sarcasm when i opened this thread but i guess not lol

Islamabad should be only hour away driving, poor roads mean we take no longer. Will never understand why ganja Sharif didnt chose this route for Islamabad-Lahore motorway. I will ask him today.
lol. tell him we need our own airport.

i really thought people will get sarcasm when i opened this thread but i guess not lol

lol. tell him we need our own airport.

Wese Sialkot ka airport ziada nazdiq hai.

Sorry its kinda late right now prob should hit the bed :D

Waki, a city of wonders, Church in Kharian Cannt with the board saying Church of Pakistan -SIALKOT :D
And the interesting part is that this actually is in Khariaan cannt :)
lol, wel its probably because the original founders must be from sialkot or this church might be a branch of a bigger church in sialkot.

Kharian Cantonment
Kharian Cantt is a very good and nice place located between Islamabad & Lahore, on the main GT road. The area mostly occupied by army. Kharian Cantt is a combination of several colony's. There is a huge shopping store Burraq next to the beautiful main road of kharaian. A park is built right next to the shopping centre known as burraq park which has boating facility aswell. A huge hospital is situated within kharian cantt known as CMH.

Kharian is a Tahsil of Gujrat District, Punjab, lying between 32°31' and 33°1' N. and 73°35' and 74°12' E., with an area of 646 square miles. The Jhelum river divides it on the north-west from Jhelum District, while on the north-east a fixed boundary has now been laid down between this tahsil and Kashmir territory. The greater part consists of a slightly undulating plain, well wooded, highly cultivated, and intersected by nullahs, especially towards the east. The Pabbi Hills run north-east and south-west, roughly parallel to the Jhelum river. The southern face of the range is steep, but towards the river the slope is more gradual. The population in 1901 was 242,687, compared with 248,076 in 1891. It contains the town of Dinga (population, 5,412) and 507 villages, including Kharian, the head-quarters. The land revenue and cesses amounted in 1903-4 to 2-9 lakhs. Lala Musa railway junction is situated in this tahsil.

Back
Top Bottom