What's new

Keep an eye on Southern boarder

Being a student of history I have rarely seen a country at such odds like us. Economically we are in deep sh**, despite deposits by Saudis, Chinese and UAE we are running a current account deficit although it has come down from 2.5 billion to something like 800 million dollar a month, but its still steep. A payment of about 9 billion dollars is coming up, our exports are bare basic what I term as (vests, socks, towels, underwear and bed sheets) and our imports well that's the sad part. Our reliance on foreign remittance by expats, which I think will start coming down if we cant export HR to Korea, Qatar, Malaysia and Saudis. FATF sword is still there and we have not been able to make any meaningful progress on it, our friends Chinese and Turkish are on the committee and have been unable to help us.

Our bureaucracy is not only rotten but outdated, probably fit for 19th century colonial era but it has no realization of the challenges of 21st century, the pitch of our society are law makers. Our borders are at big risk from all sides east, west, south west, south definitely and I wouldn't count on our northern border being secure.

Few silver linings I see are the defense forces Army ,Air force and HUMINT definitely, Navy a weak link but they are compensating it with sheer will and commitment, a better leader, a weak but growing sense of nationalism and our human capital.

Being a student of history I have rarely seen a country at such odds like us. Economically we are in deep sh**, despite deposits by Saudis, Chinese and UAE we are running a current account deficit although it has come down from 2.5 billion to something like 800 million dollar a month, but its still steep. A payment of about 9 billion dollars is coming up, our exports are bare basic what I term as (vests, socks, towels, underwear and bed sheets) and our imports well that's the sad part. Our reliance on foreign remittance by expats, which I think will start coming down if we cant export HR to Korea, Qatar, Malaysia and Saudis. FATF sword is still there and we have not been able to make any meaningful progress on it, our friends Chinese and Turkish are on the committee and have been unable to help us.

Our bureaucracy is not only rotten but outdated, probably fit for 19th century colonial era but it has no realization of the challenges of 21st century, the pitch of our society are law makers. Our borders are at big risk from all sides east, west, south west, south definitely and I wouldn't count on our northern border being secure.

Few silver linings I see are the defense forces Army ,Air force and HUMINT definitely, Navy a weak link but they are compensating it with sheer will and commitment, a better leader, a weak but growing sense of nationalism and our human capital.
Good to see you joining our discussion :) on that front your all point valid now u see when i say (will get 10+ year peace) ??? current situation not by choice but by force have to deal with it.Hope u input some in my describe scenario as make no mistake when DG ISPR used word yesterday with CNN interview its "strategic pause only"

In WWII, Wehrmacht Panzer divisions would get destroyed and get refitted again with armored vehicles and troops. Both Indian Army and Pakistan Army are incapable of doing that in an event of war.
You have made a correct observation, both nations (not just armies) are not capable to fight a long war on their own.
But (as you mentioned wehrmacht) that has been the case for almost all nations barring few even during world wars. Even Soviet Union with large industrial base and huge land could not have won the war without massing aid and support from USA. Which supplied tens of thousands of aircraft, tanks and lots of trucks and locomotives and even canned food and rations.

Because history has shown that even large industrial nations are forced to retarget their industries for war production and this leads to skewing production and supply shortages. To fight a long war you need someone, who isn't effected by such a war, ready to support you with lots of supplies..

Back
Top Bottom