What's new

Keel laying of 3rd Type-054A Frigate and 2nd MILGEM Corvette were held - DGPR Navy

4 Type 54P's
4 Milgem
4 F-22P's
2 Damen Class Corvette
4 Azmat Class FAC

It's a nice surface fleet, I would say order 2-4 Type 52's from China after the current Order and Add 2-4 Jinnah Class Frigates along with additional FACs.

wow. Pakistan will be ready to stop that mighty UK, Our Oil Navy ("r oyal" navy) armada sent to threaten China. Poison your water with oil, poison your food too. Our Oil Navy. Surprised the USA doesn't also call their navy r oyal. Wonder how an undead white/wight could be a blue blood.

:coffee:

So far 0 New Subs Delivered
So far 0 new Milgem Delivered
So far 0 Type 54 Delivered

Slow development cycle but it is getting better no doubt

:coffee:

So far 0 New Subs Delivered
So far 0 new Milgem Delivered
So far 0 Type 54 Delivered

Slow development cycle but it is getting better no doubt
They’re not pickup trucks yaar 😛, large ships take time to make and deliver. Especially submarines, this is normal construction time for them, in fact China is making them quicker than other countries would. Timelines were revealed when contracts were signed, first four subs by 2024, second four by 2028, Type 054 in 2022 And 2023, MILGEM in 2024, so on. At least the navy is going somewhere, what I’m waiting for is the LRMPAS to start coming.

4 Type 54P's
4 Milgem
4 F-22P's
2 Damen Class Corvette
4 Azmat Class FAC

It's a nice surface fleet, I would say order 2-4 Type 52's from China after the current Order and Add 2-4 Jinnah Class Frigates along with additional FACs.
Just focus on jinnah class and build an advance type of azmat.

This will help local ship building
They’re not pickup trucks yaar 😛, large ships take time to make and deliver. Especially submarines, this is normal construction time for them, in fact China is making them quicker than other countries would. Timelines were revealed when contracts were signed, first four subs by 2024, second four by 2028, Type 054 in 2022 And 2023, MILGEM in 2024, so on. At least the navy is going somewhere, what I’m waiting for is the LRMPAS to start coming.
Bigger issue will be man power
Surely doubling or tripling the fleet takes time & training

Refining AZMAT is a need may be we should have a look at the new tiwanies navy missile ship. its about the size of Azmat but has twice as much fire power.

Another option is to develop a larger ship on PMSF kashmir class. Rather than going for type 56

Refining AZMAT is a need may be we should have a look at the new tiwanies navy missile ship. its about the size of Azmat but has twice as much fire power.

Another option is to develop a larger ship on PMSF kashmir class. Rather than going for type 56

This is bigger and more tonnage Paltform plus 40-50 million azmat class vs I am sure they are twice as expensive.

It’s easy to point but this or that but pak a third world nation with how 70 % budget going towards paying debt of last decade plus and buying Everything again on loans is not going to work.

Improve economy first and collect taxes especially from all mafia otherwise no future for pak with all these gizmos

We need to invest in steel, electronics and propulsion too.
It could be easier to go Electronic and then perhaps Propulsion, steel is going to be very tough. With Electronics, you can enter sub assembly for other big manufacturers such as LG, Samsung etc, at even 1% to 2% market penetration the set-up should justify the cost of set-up. Propulsion you can start with small marine engines for fishing boats etc and move upward, it is going to be slow up hill climb as there may not be enough local demand to justify the set-up.

Specialized steel be a tough cookie, hardly enough local demand to justify set-up, other big producers have the market cornered and going against them will be very tough. Pak steel mills seems to be too happy producing construction grade rebars and hardly any appetite for anything else.

Fun thing with Electronics is that you can set-up down stream Circuit Board shops, Transistors, capacitors etc, then the final assembly. QoC should be a must, no cutting corners for quick profit and then a bust forever.

Oh well, just a thought.

=======

Sorry for the long winded write up, that reminds me to write the foot note for certain someone.

PS: I didn't mean to write a thesis on this, however I couldn't pen it all down in 'Cliff Notes.'

Last edited:
This is bigger and more tonnage Paltform plus 40-50 million azmat class vs I am sure they are twice as expensive.

It’s easy to point but this or that but pak a third world nation with how 70 % budget going towards paying debt of last decade plus and buying Everything again on loans is not going to work.

Improve economy first and collect taxes especially from all mafia otherwise no future for pak with all these gizmos
the only think azmat really needs is good sensor package and short term air defense system

their can be other variants purely dedicated for antisubmarine role but that role can be left to large ships
It could be easier to go Electronic and then perhaps Propulsion, steel is going to be very tough. With Electronics, you can enter sub assembly for other big manufacturers such as LG, Samsung etc, at even 1% to 2% market penetration the set-up should justify the cost of set-up. Propulsion you can start with small marine engines for fishing boats etc and move upward, it is going to be slow up hill climb as there may not be enough local demand to justify the set-up.

Specialized steel be a tough cookie, hardly enough local demand to justify set-up, other big producers have the market cornered and going against them will be very tough. Pak steel mills seems to be too happy producing construction grade rebars and hardly any appetite for anything else.

Fun thing with Electronics is that you can set-up down stream Circuit Board shops, Transistors, capacitors etc, then the final assembly. QoC should be a must, no cutting corners for quick profit and then a bust forever.

Oh well, just a thought.

=======

Sorry for the long winded write up, that reminds me to write the foot note for certain someone.

PS: I didn't mean to write a thesis on this, however I couldn't pen it all down in 'Cliff Notes.'
build a shipping industry...
govt should establish it sown shipping merchant vessel company
Pakistan is world 5th largest country
demand is there..
there needs to be will

the only think azmat really needs is good sensor package and short term air defense system

their can be other variants purely dedicated for antisubmarine role but that role can be left to large ships

build a shipping industry...
govt should establish it sown shipping merchant vessel company
Pakistan is world 5th largest country
demand is there..
there needs to be will

Gov't should not get involved, let the private sector do it, Gov't owned will just turn into another PIA / Steel Mill / PR or similar. However, Pak Gov't should encourage further development by providing incentives for the builders and the merchant companies.

There is Pak National Shipping Corp, it should be encouraged to expand and grow.

PS: Had friends that went to work for 'Gokal Shipping & Trading Co ,' not sure if it's still around after the BCCI scandal, would love to know. I applied to the , 'Fleetwood Merchant Navy College,' outside of Blackpool and was seeking Dry Scholarship through Gokal' a requirement at that time to get admission there. ( My dad was going to pay tuition, ) so no cost to Gokal but they were kind of woshy washy on it as we had no inside track, then I moved to good 'ol USA instead and rest as they say is history.

We need private sector to involve in defense industry, all countries have private sector investments involved in defense industry development and growth as government can invest limited in this areas. Only thing private sector need is government support and trust

Back
Top Bottom