What's new

Kashmiris to Observe Indian ''Republic Day'' as Black Day

This does not proves anything.

Show me any text prior to 1830's which mentions asoka

Why is it for hundreds of years no bharati had ever mentioned Ashoka, nor written about him and then british come and create Ashoka and he now is represented on the Bharati flag, currency notes and what not.

Ashokavadana,Dipavamsa(oldest record of Sri Lanka), etc

Ashokavadana,Dipavamsa(oldest record of Sri Lanka), etc

This is my last post to you unless you give something of more crediblity, No text prior to 1830's mentions asoka, Those inscriptions and rocks could be thousand years old but they cant be used to prove asoka existence

In the Greek accounts, we find the statements of the Greek and Roman writers belonging to the period from 4th century BC to 2nd century AD None of them have mentioned the names of Kautilya or Asoka. Kautilya’s work on polity is an important document of India’s mastery on this subject. It was with his assistance that Chandragupta had come to the throne. Asoka’s empire was bigger than that of Chandragupta and he had sent missionaries to the so-called Yavana countries. But both of them are not mentioned. Colebrook has pointed out that the Greek writers did not say anything about the Buddhist Bhikkus though that was the flourishing religion of that time with the royal patronage of Asoka.

In the Greek accounts, we find the statements of the Greek and Roman writers belonging to the period from 4th century BC to 2nd century AD None of them have mentioned the names of Kautilya or Asoka. Kautilya’s work on polity is an important document of India’s mastery on this subject. It was with his assistance that Chandragupta had come to the throne. Asoka’s empire was bigger than that of Chandragupta and he had sent missionaries to the so-called Yavana countries. But both of them are not mentioned. Colebrook has pointed out that the Greek writers did not say anything about the Buddhist Bhikkus though that was the flourishing religion of that time with the royal patronage of Asoka.

You got them lost wit your Knowledge, Brother.

Request be On Topic All.

Ashoka's own daughter and son(Sanghamitta and Mahinda) are mentioned by the Sri Lankans as bring Buddhism to the country. At the request of King Devanampiya Tissa (250 BC – 210 BC) the Sri Lankan king. Which lead to the spread of Buddhism there.

Extremely Interesting Mash' Allah. You got Knowledge, I'm Impressed. How true is this brother, I've heared even work hindu was being used in persia to start with. They used to call it to the Dacoits and robbers in present day Bharat. I'm sorry If the Information is wrong. :undecided:

I dont think you are correct, Hindu is a corruption of word Sindhu. It was first used by the ancient Persians to refer to the people living near the River Indus (Sindhu in Sanskrit). It then became a convenient shorthand for the rulers of India; it defined those who were not Muslims or Christians.

Other authors says hindu means black in farsi, When persians invaded sindh they encountered many black people so they called it land of black or hindhustan, But i dont believe this is how the hindu wod originated.

I dont think you are correct, Hindu is a corruption of word Sindhu. It was first used by the ancient Persians to refer to the people living near the River Indus (Sindhu in Sanskrit). It then became a convenient shorthand for the rulers of India; it defined those who were not Muslims or Christians.

Other authors says hindu means black in farsi, When persians invaded sindh they encountered many black people so they called it land of black or hindhustan, But i dont believe this is how the hindu wod originated.

Excellent .... Thank you so much for Enlighting.

Hey Blackies :D

Ashoka's own daughter and son(Sanghamitta and Mahinda) are mentioned by the Sri Lankans as bring Buddhism to the country. At the request of King Devanampiya Tissa (250 BC – 210 BC) Sri Lankan king.

Now tell me one thing without pasting fake inscription and rocks who mention the names of chandragupta rather than asoka

Asoka is supposed to be a king of a huge land, he is supposed to have send his ambassadors to egypt, greece and china. Then why dont any historian of his time mentions anything about asoka.
Why is it even hundreds of years after his death no one talked about him untill 18 century

The people who were living near Indus were black.. :what:

Isnt that in pakistan?

Now tell me one thing without pasting fake inscription and rocks who mention the names of chandragupta rather than asoka

Asoka is supposed to be a king of a huge land, he is supposed to have send his ambassadors to egypt, greece and china. Then why dont any historian of his time mentions anything about asoka.
Why is it even hundreds of years after his death no one talked about him untill 18 century

Dude Ashokavadana was translated by a Buddhist Chinese monk who came to India 1000s of years ago.

And also the Sri Lankan sources.

Back
Top Bottom