What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
What are the teachings of islam regarding the kashmir situation?

Are there grounds for a legitimate jihad?

I am against the jihad in kashmir, I would like the opinion of my pakistani muslim brothers on this issue.

Please keep your discussion limited to the conflict in terms of islam, no social or political reasons are allowed.

What are the teachings of islam regarding the kashmir situation?

Are there grounds for a legitimate jihad?

I am against the jihad in kashmir, I would like the opinion of my pakistani muslim brothers on this issue.

Please keep your discussion limited to the conflict in terms of islam, no social or political reasons are allowed.

Since you have asked about the legitimacy of Jihad from Islamic point of view, i would first elaborate what is Jihad and then its legitimacy in relation with Kashmir issue.

Jihad is always mistakenly taken as a fight between Muslims and Non-muslims or its considered (by non muslims) as a license to kill non-muslims.

But in reality Jihad means struggle, an effort of good against the evil. It doesn't mean only fighting and killing. There are around Six types of Jihad and i don't remember them all now but a few of them are here:

1- Jihad bilLisan (with tongue)is concerned with speaking the truth, speaking the right and spreading the word of Islam with one's tongue.
2- Jihad BiSaif The lesser Jihad (with Sword/weapon) this refers to fighting for defending Ummah or a Islamic state. This is regarded as Lesser Jihad.
3- Jihad-biNafs -Jihad Al-akbar (against your ownself) THE GREAT JIHAD is concerned with combatting the devil and in the attempt to escape his persuasion to evil(preventing yourself from committing sins). This type of Jihad was regarded as the greater jihad
4- Jihad BilYad (with hand) refers to choosing to do what is right and to combat injustice and what is wrong with action.

Jihad Bilsaif is not the first solution to any situation and it is first to be declared by a government or a higher authority consisting of Scholars (perhaps incase a governmental authority is missing).

And also there are certain conditions when jihad becomes viable.

-To Put an end to Fitna If a person wishes to becomes a Muslim, and there's someone to stop him by force or bribery, that's a fitna! but fitna is not just limited till there.

-To regain Muslim territories which have been coerced by the non Muslims.

-Self defense.

-To punish them for breaking a truce.

-If they kill a Muslim / Muslims, specially an ambassador, it is necessary to get the Qisas (revenge). If they refuse, then we gotta take it by force.(kashmir issue)

-When the weak Muslims are being oppressed(Kashmir case). Even If the Non Muslims ask for help & assistance, then they must be helped too.

And its not compulsory for everyone.
-It depends of on a Mans ability to fight.
-Permission from parents.
-Only for Men.
-Age of accountability.

To start a jihad there is a need of declaration by government of that particular country.

The fight has to end if the enemy stops the fight or doesn't want to, no matter how much loss is taken it has to be stopped.

No Old aged people, women, children, animals, pets and plants should be damaged in Jihad, its haram.

It should be the last resort, other options to solve the dispute are to be considered first.

In kashmir case, there have been killings of innocent people,womens are raped and totured. Kashmiris are oppressed and they are under Indian control by force against their will. Since the people of kashmir posses a right of freedom and right to take decisions of their own land but they are denied these basic rights, so Jihad becomes legitimate.

If we suppose that there has been no violation of human rights of kashmiris by India but still Kashmiris think and consider it better to gain independence in their own interests other than just to break apart a country, even then they cannot be denied. Because its their land and they are the first people of that land than any other in India or even the Government.

I have explained every thing based on the Islamic concepts and there is no personal opinion involved in it, I hope this helps.

Last edited:
religious discussion is not allowed.

There is no such thing mentioned in the Rules!!!!!
And if it is said with just an intent or point of view to keep religious stuff away from the forum. In that case you yourself have a very religious signature.

Yada yada hi dharmasya Glanir bhavati bharata
Abhyutthanam adharmasya Tadatmanam srjamy aham
~ Bhagavad Gita (Chapter IV-7)

^^ I have no problem discussing religion. its just mods who don't like it because after 20/30 posts, its gets ugly even before that.

I have no problem discussing religion. its just mods who don't like it because after 20/30 posts, its gets ugly even before that.

arite.. well in that case, mods delete it if it gets ugly :D
:cheers:

your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir.

Goodbye you "old mature person" ...what a joke.:disagree:

Well if kashmiri hindus openion is irrelevant in kashmir because they are in minority....
then by applying your theory
then kashmiri muslims opinion is also irrelevant in india because they are also minority in india

your hindu Kashmiri boss opinion is irrelevant. hindus are a minority in Kashmir.

Goodbye you "old mature person" ...what a joke.:disagree:

Good the mods ban ppl with ur mindset.:wave:..wat happens if we think Kahmiri muslims are a minority in the whole of India..?

nd serioulsy the Govt of India shuld repeal Article 370 to address Forrest's grievance...:azn:

A pity that it didn't happen in Musharraf's time. He gets a lot of bad press in Pakistan and was seen as a villain in India for his role in Kargil and while he deserves that, he did make some serious efforts towards peace in the later years of his administration. Also as chief of the army, he would have pretty much committed the army to the deal something which will be seen as a stumbling block with the present dispensation.

This is pretty much the only deal that India will ever be agreeable to (loose borders, more autonomy). The longer it takes to get there, the more time we are stuck with all this hatred.

I dont think the Army would disagree to the solution to kashmir crisis.It has the most to loose if hostilities break out. It has always been a political witches brew churned up by politicians from both sides to keep their seats in the respective parlianments. However, the 2 countries reaching nuclear threshold has made people realize that a war in the region would have disasterous consequences and there is an URGENT need to solve all outstanding problems to avoid any major reason for a skirmish getting out of hand.
Araz
Araz

4 more sent to jahannum...Unfortunately 2 of our brave soldiers also made the supreme sacrifice. May they Rest in Peace

4 militants, 2 jawans killed in gunbattle: Rediff.com India News

Four terrorists and two army jawans were killed in a gunbattle between the two sides in Baramulla district of north Kashmir [ Images ] on Friday morning.

Acting on a tip off, the army cordoned Rafiabad village, 65 km from Srinagar [ Images ], in the wee hours, Defence Spokesman Lt Col J S Brar said.

He said as the search party reached the house where the militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunbattle four militants and two jawans were killed.

The gunbattle was going on when last reports came in.

4 more sent to jahannum...Unfortunately 2 of our brave soldiers also made the supreme sacrifice. May they Rest in Peace

4 militants, 2 jawans killed in gunbattle: Rediff.com India News

Four terrorists and two army jawans were killed in a gunbattle between the two sides in Baramulla district of north Kashmir [ Images ] on Friday morning.

Acting on a tip off, the army cordoned Rafiabad village, 65 km from Srinagar [ Images ], in the wee hours, Defence Spokesman Lt Col J S Brar said.

He said as the search party reached the house where the militants were hiding, the ultras opened fire and in the ensuing gunbattle four militants and two jawans were killed.

The gunbattle was going on when last reports came in.

4 terrorist scums - ::yahoo::yahoo:

2 marytrs - :cry::cry:...may they Rest In Peace.

^^^^

Are nahi yaar.....they have gone to Jannat.....as they have got Sahadat.......and now they will swim in rivers full of Milk and get daily massage from Virgins.....

ROFL

To the freedom fighters... may they rest in peace. :azn:

To the tools of the tyranny that died.:haha:

Back
Top Bottom