What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
not once have i encountered this phenomenon in NYC or DC for that matter.....though I did meet a pro-Pakistan deccan taxi driver and a guy working at ''Nuts 4 Nuts'' who was Bengali and said he's from "East Pakistan'' (I corrected him about the name of his country and he playfully dismissed it)

I am sorry sir but may be you are those lucky chaps who have not faced problems in NYC or DC...As far as i am concerned i am a Sikh but often mistaken to be likes of Taliban...Believe me i have heard lot of racial slurs from west-coast to east-coast.....Having said that some idiots are there is any society and there should not be any surprise that US has equal share of them...

Though it is unfortunate if someone has to pretend and hide their nationality...but then it all depends on the individual...Regarding your encounter with the Taxi driver then it is not much of significance, i have met many Pakistani's here(especially from Punjab) who will behave more warm than fellow Indian's from east/south....

Actually, overseas Pakistanis are usually the MOST patriotic. But maybe those are just my observations.

Yes, this is just your own observation. The only difference is that they are away from their home town and they don't have to deal with the pathetic beuracratic system all the time. As an analogy consider this : When you are far away from your loved one's you remember only good things whereas people who are living day in and day out tend to fight more....

what you are doing is not only resorting to sensationalism, but you are also going off-topic. Therefore I question your character somewhat. Stay on topic, otherwise pack your bags.
I am sure this applies to people irrespective of what nation flag they are hosting...So thnxs for the stern warning...

you can say what you want; indian are not our ''brothers'' and never will be

And there is no need for it...Even if we start living like good neighbours that would be more than enough...No need to be brother's/sister's....

keeping that in mind, doesnt mean we cant treat eachother with mutual respect and dignity; and not meddle around with eachother

trade and cooperation goes a longer way.......but it makes sense to resolve outstanding disputes in fair and professional manner

unfortunately, there is lack of will on both sides

you can say what you want; indian are not our ''brothers'' and never will be

"Indians are not our brother
Indians are not our brother
Indians are not our brother,"

:rofl:

who is asking? :lol:

why on earth we will be your brother? what it bring to us?

"Indians are not our brother
Indians are not our brother,"

:rofl:

who is asking? :lol:

why on earth we will be your brother? what it bring to us?

Your fellow indian said we were like brothers. So stop trolling and stick to the topic

Sorry Karthik, are you suggesting, that just because we could not punish somebody in the past, we will continue to do so for other criminals (even in future).

As an ordianary Indian citizen, who does not have connection with congress/sangh/left, I would want all criminals to be brought to book.

This thread was particularly about sangh, hence please provide merit in sangh's agenda.

India tells Pak to end its illegal occupation of J&K​

NEW YORK: Stating that Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter of India, external affairs minister S M Krishna has asked Pakistan to end its illegal occupation of some parts of the state before advising New Delhi.

"Kashmir is an internal matter of India," said Krishna, who is here on a 10-day visit to attend the annual UN General Assembly meeting.

Pointing out that Pakistan is in "illegal occupation of some parts of Jammu and Kashmir", Krishna said, "it is desirable that they vacate that and then start advising India as to how to go about doing things in Kashmir."

"We have taken certain actions in terms of assisting what needs to be done in Kashmir... An all party delegation has just gone back to Delhi and they have had wide ranging discussions across the board from all shades of opinion.

"So, Government of India is fully conscious of its responsibilities... institutional mechanism and individual mechanism will be put in place so that the genuine grievances of Kashmir and the people of Kashmir will be addressed squarely and directly," the external affairs minister told TV news channel.

India tells Pak to end its illegal occupation of J&K​

NEW YORK: Stating that Jammu and Kashmir is an internal matter of India, external affairs minister S M Krishna has asked Pakistan to end its illegal occupation of some parts of the state before advising New Delhi.

"Kashmir is an internal matter of India," said Krishna, who is here on a 10-day visit to attend the annual UN General Assembly meeting.

Pointing out that Pakistan is in "illegal occupation of some parts of Jammu and Kashmir", Krishna said, "it is desirable that they vacate that and then start advising India as to how to go about doing things in Kashmir."

"We have taken certain actions in terms of assisting what needs to be done in Kashmir... An all party delegation has just gone back to Delhi and they have had wide ranging discussions across the board from all shades of opinion.

"So, Government of India is fully conscious of its responsibilities... institutional mechanism and individual mechanism will be put in place so that the genuine grievances of Kashmir and the people of Kashmir will be addressed squarely and directly," the external affairs minister told TV news channel.

such blatantly immature and factually incorrect statements don't even deserve a modicum of attention from our Foreign Office.......

why?

because these people are what we can call delusional; not in touch with any ground-realities in the disputed territory

such blatantly immature and factually incorrect statements don't even deserve a modicum of attention from our Foreign Office.......

why?

because these people are what we can call delusional; not in touch with any ground-realities in the disputed territory

India should raise this issue in UN:rofl::rofl::rofl:

India should raise this issue in UN:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i guess falsely labelling the CPRF ccupation forces as UN "Peacekeepers" will help them win that kursi @ Security Council ehhh?

un-helmets-kashmir-india.jpg

Omelette with goat cheese and double roti tastes great in the early hours of the morning

give Mr. Krishna Omelette because it seems maybe he was on empty stomach when he went on his baseless diatribe.......thus far he fails to convince!

Back
Top Bottom