What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
The reason for just four posts in three years is that i always observe comments from different people on different issues,i dont want to raise silly arguments all the time and waste my time,my friends please be serious on different issues,do not defend everything becuase u r patriotic to certain country,but try to give ur precious suggestions to improve situations within our region,not only indians but pakistani members as well,all of us should have a positive and realistic opinion,if a particular army is doing something wrong,u should condemn that,there is nothing wrong ,,

Very valid thought.. No disagreement there..

You cry when rubber bullets are used,you cry when teargas is used,you cry when lathi charge is done and finally you cry when even stones are pelted back.

So why the hell are you protesting violently and pelting stones? Why dont you go to schools,colleges,work places so that the CRPF doesnt use any of the methods.
---------------------------------------------
you = Violent stone pelting Kashmiris.

You cry when rubber bullets are used,you cry when teargas is used,you cry when lathi charge is done and finally you cry when even stones are pelted back.

So why the hell are you protesting violently and pelting stones? Why dont you go to schools,colleges,work places so that the CRPF doesnt use any of the methods.
---------------------------------------------
you = Violent stone pelting Kashmiris.

See, thats the short term downside of Free press. Now if India would have disallowed independent press in J&K like Pakistani Army did during its FATA/SWAT operations, India could have also dismissed a lot of these stories as fake, like the one doing rounds these days about PA. But I for one, prefer these short term pains to get the longer term gain (in terms of checks and balances) of free press..

See, thats the short term downside of Free press. Now if India would have disallowed independent press in J&K like Pakistani Army did during its FATA/SWAT operations, India could have also dismissed a lot of these stories as fake, like the one doing rounds these days about PA. But I for one, prefer these short term pains to get the longer term gain (in terms of checks and balances) of free press..

Totally agreed.

But my contention is particularly not against the press and its freedom to report..but why do the Kashmiris give a chance to the CRPF to hurt them by protesting violently.?

They could very well protest peacefully if at all they have any grievances.

They are not helping themselves,not their azaadi dream through this stone-pelting saga.The only thing they have achieved is getting branded themselves as violent ppl whatever their grievance might be.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::D Wow. Oh God. People go too hilarious and they never realize it.

Last edited:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::D Wow. Oh God. People go too hilarious and they never realize it.

And the very fact that you had to put in totally irrelevant smileys and some digressive post implies maybe that there is some truth in Karan's point.;)

And the very fact that you had to put in totally irrelevant smileys and some digressive post implies maybe that there is some truth in Karan's point.;)

Or he was trying to make both Pakistanis and Bharati trolls happy. He has just completed 4000 posts. It is celebrations time you know. ;)
:rofl:

Or he was trying to make both Pakistanis and Bharati trolls happy. He has just completed 4000 posts. It is celebrations time you know. ;)
:rofl:

The last thing you can say about that post was that it was a troll.

He made a genuine statement that Press Freedom must me maintained in a democracy (though Im more of a conservative who advocates Press Freedom is secondary to national security).

You can atleast appreciate that.

An Independent Jammu & Kashmir will be the WORST CASE SCENARIO for Pakistan and then the whole Indus Water Treaty will have to be re-negotiated in which case Pakistan will then loose "considerable" Waters which will be for Jammu & Kashmir.

As such Pakistan will allow a "Creation" of the Independent State of Jammu & Kashmir and then in a short while will Invade the State of Jammu & Kashmir just as in October 1947.

I dont beleive that even independence of Kashmir is going to happen....The fact is the best possible time to tweak Indian Gov to compromise on Kashmir issue in 1990. This was a time when India was financially weak..and we dont have any leverage in world diplomacy..Now things are changed...This is the era of 2010...Now even if world disagree with India on Kashmir still then nothing substantial is going to happen.... And that to when the independence of kashmir is supported by Pakistan who is beleived to be an hub of terrorist activity in world.....

So we the people of India are not worries as what world beleives..rather we are disapointed due humanatarian crisis there....

Nice post... Clearly explains the Bharati secularism and the largest democrazy in the world.

Thanks for your psychotic post.

Be happy that india is a hindu majority state, or else if minorities were to demand seperation from a muslim majority state like KSA and resort to stone pelting on security forces ,the world knows that a leg and a hand diagonally will be chopped off form their body..Mighty shariat u know..
I strongly feel kashmiris who advocate freedom for the creation of a shariat abiding state should get the taste of shariat.Tey should be puished acording to shariat laws.

The last thing you can say about that post was that it was a troll.

He made a genuine statement that Press Freedom must me maintained in a democracy (though Im more of a conservative who advocates Press Freedom is secondary to national security).

You can atleast appreciate that.

Oh Well.. Let it go Karthic. I dont hold it against Areesh. You have to experience successful democracy and free press to understand what I was trying to say...

And Areesh, I will gladly accept your thanks.. You wanted a troll post and I have tried to oblige. If mods ban me, you can claim success.. :azn:

India exploiting Kashmir’s natural resources: Gilani

Srinagar, October 04 (KMS): In occupied Kashmir, veteran Kashmiri Hurriyet leader, Syed Ali Gilani, maintaining that India is exploiting Kashmir’s natural resources, has said that demilitarisation is panacea for all problems in the Valley.

Syed Ali Gilani in a statement issued in Srinagar said, “Kashmir is blessed with lush forests and abundant water resources. India is looting our natural resources since decades. The forests in various areas have been vandalized by the troops in league with pro-India politicians and police.”

He pointed out that despite complaints by the locals no action had been taken against the offenders, which showed that vandalization of Kashmir’s natural resources was part of a conspiracy.

The veteran Hurriyet leader further stated that Indian Army had set up band saw mills inside their camps in Kupwara district. “The troopers make furniture of the smuggled timber and transport it to other states. For establishing the camps, the troops are felling trees on 52,000 kanals of land in Shopian. This is a dangerous trend which can drastically affect our climate and make our land a desert,” he added.

Syed Ali Gilani, who is spearheading the ongoing ‘Quit Kashmir Movement’, said that the only solution to all the problems including deforestation was demilitarisation.

The veteran leader flayed the occupation authorities for imposing curfew on Sunday to thwart a march towards Baramulla. He said that such tactics could not hamper Kashmiris’ liberation struggle. He deplored that some police officers were demanding hefty amounts from the parents in exchange of release of their children who were arrested during the past three months.

India exploiting Kashmir?s natural resources: Gilani | Kashmir Media Service

Yes Yes Mr. Gilani.. We Do Buy Kashmiri Apples , Kashmiri Carpets , Kashmiri Handicrafts , Kashmiri Shawl :lol::lol:

If by Buying These Things If Our Kashmiris Getting Money and U call it Exploitation :rofl:

Whats the prob ?

India is using Indian resources.

Back
Top Bottom