What's new

Karzai receive honorary doctorate degree from Indian president

Why is India rewarding this fool? He's probably caused more damage to Indian interests in Afghanistan because of his corrupt government than the Taliban has.

We are not getting any benefit from them. Our common goal is betterment of both nations and get Taliban out of afganistan.

If you actually believe what you just said, I pity you. India cares very little about what happens in Afghanistan, the only reason why India is interest in Afghanistan is because it wants to keep Pakistan in check.

Why is India rewarding this fool? He's probably caused more damage to Indian interests in Afghanistan because of his corrupt government than the Taliban has.

If you actually believe what you just said, I pity you. India cares very little about what happens in Afghanistan, the only reason why India is interest in Afghanistan is because it wants to keep Pakistan in check.

Pakistan cares very little about what happens in Afghanistan, the only reason why pak is interest in Afghanistan is because it wants to keep india in check

Pakistan cares very little about what happens in Afghanistan, the only reason why pak is interest in Afghanistan is because it wants to keep india in check

Did I every claim otherwise? You seem to think that I'm criticizing India, which (no offense) is a very childish view. In fact, I'm doing the opposite of what you think, I'm praising India.

What India is doing in Afghanistan is actually smart, it's a good way of keeping Pakistan trapped from both sides. If it was the other way around, Pakistan would do the same thing.

Did I every claim otherwise? You seem to think that I'm criticizing India, which (no offense) is a very childish view. In fact, I'm doing the opposite of what you think, I'm praising India.

What India is doing in Afghanistan is actually smart, it's a good way of keeping Pakistan trapped from both sides. If it was the other way around, Pakistan would do the same thing.

even i didnt criticise pak..in fact u already did that when u kept talibs in the power..in simple words-we have conflicting interests in afghanistan..

I think Pakistani policy makers and the general public have heard entirely too much from the Indian and too many times from the Indians that they have a conflict of interest with us in Afghanistan -- this line is repeated without criticism or re-evaluation -- After all is your interest at odds with the Pakistani interest of a stable and prosperous Afghanistan that is at peace with it's neighbors??

Too many times do we read this mantra of divergent interests, as if India's interest is a Afghanistan perpetually hostile and therefore at war, within and with it's neighbors - be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

As 2014 approaches it's important that Pakistan and India align their policy objectives - what's important is Pakistan and India, sometimes some of our Indian friends seem carried away and cannot tell the forest for the trees. Every objective India seeks in A'stan and beyond requires the assistance and participation of Pakistan, to continue with this mantra of divergent interests is to risk much.

even i didnt criticise pak..in fact u already did that when u kept talibs in the power..in simple words-we have conflicting interests in afghanistan..

You didn't criticize Pakistan, that much we can agree. In order to criticize something, one must have a fair bit of knowledge about said subject, and express that knowledge to bring to light the faults that are present in said critique. As such, we both agree that you didn't do that.

You seem so stuck on your (let's both be honest here) single sided view of Pakistan that you fail to actually realize the truth of the situation. You fail to take into account the history and the reasons behind the decisions that the leaders of the regional nations made.

Afghanistan was never a black and white situation and it never will be. No side is doing what is in Afghanistan's interests, not even Afghanistan's government.

You didn't criticize Pakistan, that much we can agree. In order to criticize something, one must have a fair bit of knowledge about said subject, and express that knowledge to bring to light the faults that are present in said critique. As such, we both agree that you didn't do that.

You seem so stuck on your (let's both be honest here) single sided view of Pakistan that you fail to actually realize the truth of the situation. You fail to take into account the history and the reasons behind the decisions that the leaders of the regional nations made.

Afghanistan was never a black and white situation and it never will be. No side is doing what is in Afghanistan's interests, not even Afghanistan's government.

wait a minute..so u are justifying taliban rule in afghanistan by logic??their rule was in ur interest..or else feel free to enlighten me..

wait a minute..so u are justifying taliban rule in afghanistan by logic??their rule was in ur interest..or else feel free to enlighten me..

Don't misunderstand me, I'm not justifying anything. All I'm saying is that there are reasons why certain decisions were made by Pakistan, regarding Afghanistan. Whether or not you agree with them, I can assure you that Pakistan thought long and hard about these decisions and followed what it thought was best for Pakistan, can you fault Pakistan for doing what is in Pakistan's national interests? No.

Pakistan needs a stable Afghanistan, which is why it supported the Taliban, because the Taliban were the best bet that was capable of bringing about stability in the country, even at the cost of freedom. I can guarantee you that if the Northern Alliance were the ones that could lead to stability in Afghanistan (which at that time, they weren't), then Pakistan would have supported them. Remember, most of the civil war in Afghanistan happened before the Taliban's existence and a vast majority of it was due to warlords who (after the Taliban came into existence) ended up joining together to form the Northern Alliance (many of these warlords now either sit in the government of Afghanistan, or support it for their own personal benefit). Anyways, enough with the history lesson.

The point is that many things factored into Pakistan's decision to support the Taliban, as such, that is the reason why India supported the Northern Alliance. The Indians didn't care about Afghanistan (they still don't, nobody does), they just wanted to make sure that Afghanistan didn't get a pro-Pakistan government, thus the proxy war began.

If you think that I'm justifying Taliban rule, then that's your problem, not mine. I justify nothing, all I do is write down logic and facts.

On a personal note, I think the Taliban are scum, and I think it was a bad decision to support the Taliban (or any faction) in Afghanistan (as they're all guilty of war crimes). If Pakistan had taken advantage of the chaos and actually built a border fence, half of this mess in Pakistan's tribal agencies could have been avoided.

@danish_vij - Dude I dunno whether to admire the fact that on one hand a Confectioner has the foresight & the ability to open a University of that size or wonder where that ability & foresight went to when he thought of naming it ! :blink:

Its like our local Gourmet bakery thinking of opening a Gourmet University of Science & Technology ! :unsure:

FYI ...India is going through a education revolution. There are too many universities in India LPU is one of them.
Lot of people are investing in Education sector has students as investing lacks for education in India.

Honestly i have been against giving Doctor degree to people who are not PHD or Medical doctor.....

It sounds stupid....

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom