What's new

Karzai: I'll send troops to Pakistan

AM, There seem to be problems on both sides. And no one wants to take the bull by it's horns on either side.

Agreed it is not easy for the Pakistan side to fight it's own people for what it sees as someone else's war. And may be it doesn't want to do that for the long term considerations too.

And Afghans and USA are getting frustrated by the sanctuaries these fellows so easily get across the border, where they are free to regroup and train. And they are unable to seal the border on their side.

Passing the buck on the other side is so much easier.

You are not telling me the US army follows his command! Are you?

Its otherway round :)

And muse is right Karzai dosnt have an army rather its the amalgamation of brutal activists of warlords who are currently in the Afghan Government and involved in massive corruption.

Anyway, military operations alone are never going to resolve the issue - there are several other factors in play, none of which the US seems interested in dealing with...

Its not the responsibility of US to do house cleaning activity of all the countries where terrorism originates. Every country has its own responsibility of doing it. What best the US can do is, kill them and put pressure on the host countries, which they are already doing.

US may not have taken the war lords in the look and corner of Afganistan, but they have definetely prevented the taliban and al-queda from organizing a 9/11 kind of attack from inside afganistan. If 9/11 repeats, the roots will be definetly from NWFP.

^
Its an indirect statement from the US, whoes pay roll is Karzai on.

I would agree with you on this Sir as Just today there is a report in the Sunday Times which claims that Bush adminestration had chalked out a plan to get OBL and the Yanks are going to make it decisive before end of the Bush government.

It shows only one thing the desperation on the part of Bush admin as after a humiliating failur in Iraq, (as i said many many months back on this same forum), Bush will try to have a face-saving by intensifying the search for OBL rather in other words would try to make more attacks in Afghanistan as well as Pakistan.

The Karzai's statment well can anyone believe he have the guts to say anything without persmission from US???

There is no afghan army. it is indian army wearing uniform of afghan army.
They very much can come in from voids and terrorise locals.
It is already established from the history of occupied kashmir that how much capable indian army is in killing civilians.

I thought it was brave British Paras and Army fighting alongwith local Afghan Army. Afghan army is Indians in disguise ?

:pakistan:

Keep it up your erudite posts are so profound. Batman your credability in posting here is reaching the pinacle of gospel truth.

Regards

:yahoo:

:coffee:

I am just tired of their singularly one dimensional policy in Afghanistan.

All they want is "more operations in FATA and then some more operations in FATA".

Military solutions is the only thing they can see, or at least what the US can see.

I said before that the Brits tried negotiating with the Taliban, and got shot down by the puppet and the puppet masters. Interestingly enough, almost every statement from British leadership and officials is supportive of the GoP's current efforts in FATA.

What efforts have been expended on development and cutting the sources of financing for the Taliban?

None, because the Karzai regime cannot act against the warlords and drug lords who are part of it.

So, as Muse said elsewhere, the buck gets shifted to Pakistan...

Dear AM,

We built our empire by negoatiations never by force unlike USA.

Regards

Its otherway round :)

And muse is right Karzai dosnt have an army rather its the amalgamation of brutal activists of warlords who are currently in the Afghan Government and involved in massive corruption.

Thank God Jana,

You agree with me that they are uneducated, corrupt and lawless warlords as bad as the Taliban they fight.

Definately not Indians in afghanistan uniforms as Batman wants us to believe though I donot rule out indirect Indian origin funding to keep the pot boiling.

Anyway Karzai's words should first get his warlords in line before he threatens his neighbours.

Regards

AM, There seem to be problems on both sides. And no one wants to take the bull by it's horns on either side.

Agreed it is not easy for the Pakistan side to fight it's own people for what it sees as someone else's war. And may be it doesn't want to do that for the long term considerations too.

And Afghans and USA are getting frustrated by the sanctuaries these fellows so easily get across the border, where they are free to regroup and train. And they are unable to seal the border on their side.

Passing the buck on the other side is so much easier.

Its not the responsibility of US to do house cleaning activity of all the countries where terrorism originates. Every country has its own responsibility of doing it. What best the US can do is, kill them and put pressure on the host countries, which they are already doing.

Lets make one thing clear - the problems in Afghanistan are still primarily due to the Taliban in Afghanistan.

As Indians I understand the desire to project this in the light of kashmir and say that "it is only cross border infiltration that is causing the problems" but that is just a lie , and all you have to do is read the analysis of US military officials and analysts.

The US is struggling to control its own space in Afghanistan, and that is the primary problem.

The infiltration from Pakistan is but a small part of the problem, that affects certain border areas.

Where are all these weapons and explosives coming from?

Pakistan's SF' routinely capture vehicles loaded with explosives and weapons coming from Afghanistan into Pakistan.

Where is all the funding for the Taliban coming from?

Western analysts have themselves agreed that the Taliban are getting funded from the drug trade, which is based on the poppy crop in Afghanistan, so what is Pakistan's role in this?

While Talwar is correct that the US's has its own responsibilities, it has failed to perform its responsibilities.

The explosives and weapons smuggled into Pakistan are used for attacks on troops and suicide bombings. The drugs from Afghanistan serve to destabilize Pakistan as well, as an entire industry of crime gets built upon the production, smuggling and distribution of narcotics.

So while Pakistan has its problems, the problems in Afghanistan are singularly the US/NATO's fault, not due to Pakistan or "cross border attacks".

Where are all these weapons and explosives coming from?

Western analysts have themselves agreed that the Taliban are getting funded from the drug trade, which is based on the poppy crop in Afghanistan, so what is Pakistan's role in this?

Good questions. This is really puzzling.

Why doesn't the USA root out the poppy menace from Afghanistan? What is your take on this? Why would they allow the money generated from Poppy to be used against their own troops?

Is it just to keep the warlords happy? In that case, it does not seem to be serving the purpose.

Good questions. This is really puzzling.

Why doesn't the USA root out the poppy menace from Afghanistan? What is your take on this?

Why would they allow the money generated from Poppy to be used against their own troops?

Is it just to keep the warlords happy? In that case, it does not seem to be serving the purpose.

The US and NATO forces have turned their eyes from the durg, poppy problem due to two reasons

1. All the warlords currently the US has hired in the government are involved in the poppy and drug business. During Taliban rule the poppy and drugs were eleminated 90 %.

2. there are reports that foreign troops are also involved in durg trafficing.

Why would they allow the money generated from Poppy to be used against their own troops?

:) No this money earned through drug trade is not being used against US forces.
1. Beacuse 90 % of the allies (The Afghan Warlords in the Afghan government currently) are involved in this trade. And these warlords only consolidating their streangth through this money.

2. The poppy is cultivated to get money by Taliban in only few districts of Afghanistan. Hence the limited soruce of income for Taliban is not affecting the NATO occupied forces in Afghanistan.

1. Beacuse 90 % of the allies (The Afghan Warlords in the Afghan government currently) are involved in this trade. And these warlords only consolidating their streangth through this money.

2. The poppy is cultivated to get money by Taliban in only few districts of Afghanistan. Hence the limited soruce of income for Taliban is not affecting the NATO occupied forces in Afghanistan.

Jana,

US analysts have themselves concluded that drug money is playing large part in funding the Taliban.

The US and NATO forces have turned their eyes from the durg, poppy problem due to two reasons

1. All the warlords currently the US has hired in the government are involved in the poppy and drug business. During Taliban rule the poppy and drugs were eleminated 90 %.

2. there are reports that foreign troops are also involved in durg trafficing.

In fact that is the only positive I see from the Taliban rule.

But this begs the question: Why can't the USA buy out these warlords and end this menace? Ultimately most of this drug heads west.

As AM says (and I tend to trust him on this) Taliban is being financed by this money. What else could be their source of finance?

I have also heard a rumor on another forum that Hamid Karzai's brother is one of the biggest drug barons in Afghanistan. A simple web search will come up with hundreds of articles such as this:

U.S. Military Links Karzai Brother to Drugs

Karzai use to work in America in a oil company run by the Bush family, in Texas I believe, he was I think a manager or contractor, he was later given a job by the Bush administration to be the next emperor of Afghanistan.

Karzai use to work in America in a oil company run by the Bush family, in Texas I believe, he was I think a manager or contractor, he was later given a job by the Bush administration to be the next emperor of Afghanistan.

Yeah the UNOCAL connection is something Hamid Karzai was famous for the day he took power, I am just saying that there are hundreds of other details we don't hear about such as a big chunk of the opium business being handed over to his brother and probably many other(US approved) people who support him and support the US. In fact it would not surprise me if one of the many covert roles of US forces is to make sure "the right people" in Afghanistan make millions off opium.

Back
Top Bottom