What's new

Karzai calls India an 'all-weather friend' as he argues for closer cooperation in confronting terror

No, I do not hate Afghanistan or the Afghan People ... that is simply your charge and it is not true ... My family has over the past decades raised money for Afghan charitable causes. I employ Afghan refugees in Pakistan who work on scientific applications and they are treated with equality. Even the other day a few of us friends were seeing if there is something we can do for a segment of Afghan people (I can't talk about the details here on a public forum).

My positions is, as a person of Pakistani origin that Pakistanis need to recognize that Afghans have been hostile to Pakistanis, there is racism (especially now) in their discourse towards us Pakistanis: daal-khor, dark skinned, smelly, etc. -- and we Pakistanis need to wake up to this reality.
So you say, that all Afghans are racist and hates Pakistan?

I'm sure that there are some segments in the population of Pakistan who are racists towards Afghanistan, but that doesn't mean that all Pakistanis are thinking in that way..

So you say, that all Afghans are racist and hates Pakistan?

I'm sure that there are some segments in the population of Pakistan who are racists towards Afghanistan, but that doesn't mean that all Pakistanis are thinking in that way..

Afghans are overwhelmingly racist, in their attitudes (and in discussions they even admit it) -- not all, but overwhelmingly so. Yes Pakistanis have a problem with racism and it is stain on Pakistani society, but if I were to guess not even 20% of Pakistanis hold such views of Afghans.

I mean seriously:
1. look at your own writings you use Penis size as a proxy for Afghan superiority -- lol
2. You assert that your ANP is superior to the Pakistani forces reeks of this: a drug addicted, desert-ive force is superior to a disciplined, equipped force? how? because it consists of the super race of Afghans?

Here are two tests:
1. Show me an editorial, a news story, a talk where Afghans criticize the racist attitudes towards Pakistanis. Compare this with editorials and other talks you will see by Pakistanis condemning the treatment of minorities, etc. in Pakistan.
2. Show me similar treatment of Afghans by Pakistanis on the social media sphere.

Afghans are overwhelmingly racist, in their attitudes (and in discussions they even admit it) -- not all, but overwhelmingly so. Yes Pakistanis have a problem with racism and it is stain on Pakistani society, but if I were to guess not even 20% of Pakistanis hold such views of Afghans.

I mean seriously:
1. look at your own writings you use Penis size as a proxy for Afghan superiority -- lol
2. You assert that your ANP is superior to the Pakistani forces reeks of this: a drug addicted, desert-ive force is superior to a disciplined, equipped force? how? because it consists of the super race of Afghans?

Here are two tests:
1. Show me an editorial, a news story, a talk where Afghans criticize the racist attitudes towards Pakistanis. Compare this with editorials and other talks you will see by Pakistanis condemning the treatment of minorities, etc. in Pakistan.
2. Show me similar treatment of Afghans by Pakistanis on the social media sphere.
:tsk:

My positions is, as a person of Pakistani origin that Pakistanis need to recognize that Afghans have been hostile to Pakistanis, there is racism (especially now) in their discourse towards us Pakistanis: daal-khor, dark skinned, smelly, etc. -- and we Pakistanis need to wake up to this reality.

This part is lost on Pakistanis since the 'Internet Afghan' is recent phenomenon , which is far closer to reality than many in Pakistan know about

This part is lost on Pakistanis since the 'Internet Afghan' is recent phenomenon , which is far closer to reality than many in Pakistan know about

Hey man, Afghans cheer India when Pakistan plays India in Cricket -- I'd want them to cheer Afghanistan when say Pakistan plays Afghanistan (hell even I cheer Afghanistan because I want them to do well) -- however Afghans cheer India not only in Atlanta, or the Bay Area, they do it in Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar -- lol

If cricket does not wake up Pakistanis nothing else will -- lol

I'd sad to say but sometimes I think the Pakistani people deserve this Afghan contempt -- we are in indifferent stupor.

Last edited:
And what about your country's huge aid to Pakistan?

Listen Afghan, look into your own collar first before discussing Pakistan:
The money committed by the US to Afghanistan for reconstruction alone is $100 Billion(2002-2014), this dwarfs the total aid given to Pakistan since 1948 which stands at $61.7 Billion.

AFGHANISTAN:

afganistan-flag.gif

muvozt.png

The fact remains, however, that if the CRS and OMB figures for FY2001-FY2013 that
follow are totaled for all direct spending on the war, they reach $641.7 billion, of
which $198.2 billion – or over 30% – will be spent in FY2012 and FY2013. This is an
incredible amount of money to have spent with so few controls, so few plans, so
little auditing, and almost no credible measures of effectiveness.
Source: http://csis.org/files/publication/120515_US_Spending_Afghan_War_SIGAR.pdf

And then, in that same report, the GAO cited several embarrassing miscarriages:

• For $130,000, Afghan contractors built a large shower/bathroom facility “without holes in the walls or floors for plumbing and drains.” What’s more, the walls were constructed of “crumbling cinder blocks.” The report blamed insufficient oversight. That was most certainly true. But in addition, UNICEF statistics show that seventy percent of Afghans have no access to a toilet and may in fact never have seen one. How could they know what’s involved in installing them?
  • Defense Department personnel told the GAO about “a dining facility in Afghanistan that was built without a kitchen,” once again because of absent oversight.
  • A guard tower “at a forward operating base was poorly constructed and unsafe to occupy. The staircase was unstable and not strong enough” to climb. As usual, the problem wasn’t discovered until the tower was finished. “It had to be torn down.”
  • “In another instance, an entire compound of five buildings was built in the wrong location.” It was supposed to be located within the military base’s security walls, but the contractors inexplicably built the compound just outside—for $2.4 million. No one noticed until the project was completed. “The buildings could not be used.”
Money Pit: The Monstrous Failure of US Aid to Afghanistan | World Affairs Journal
U.S. risks setback to oversight of Afghan reconstruction, agency says - Los Angeles Times
BBC News - Millions wasted in Afghan reconstruction projects, finds report

PAKISTAN:

pk.gif

Total aid Pakistan has received since 1948:
The data is compiled by Wren Elhai of the Center for Global Development in Washington, DC. The database reveals that since 1948 the US assistance to Pakistan has largely been for civilian purposes. Of the $61.7 billion in total assistance (in constant 2009 dollars) provided to Pakistan between 1948 and 2010, $40.4 billion were provided for economic assistance and $21.3 billion in military assistance. The economic assistance to Pakistan peaked in the early 60s when in excess of $2 billion annually were provided to Pakistan.

us-aid-1.jpg

-Source: Guardian

us-aid-2.jpg

-Source: Pakistan Economic Survey: 2010-11.

* The 2010-11 figures are estimated from 8 months of data.
The nature of development aid business is such that large sums of donated money in fact return to the donor country in the form of contractual payments to consultants and manufacturers.

Seems the trip of Karzai is a successful one, he is praising India ....... :cheers:

Afghanistan and whole Afghan people are our friend and we are helping our friend whatever we can and we will help them forever. Why you ash is burning here. Oil your own machine please.

Why not? we would love to have a dear friend in Afghanistan.

Ooooh, Karzai getting a bit testy ... calls the US a bully!? huh??? which of Afghanistan's fine products is he smoking?

How many billions of Dollars has the US given to build schools, hospitals, lives etc. ? I guess not a single words of thanks -- what a surprise? NOT

Original article here, excerpts below:

Hamid Karzai, the President of Afghanistan, is a frequent diplomatic flyer to India, a trusted friend and a strategic ally.

During his visits to India, he has developed a circle of friends that transcends political boundaries.

He still has fond memories of his days in Shimla as a student of political science in Himachal Pradesh University.

The tall Pathan leader calls India "an all-weather friend" as he settles down for an exclusive interview with Mail Today in his seventh floor suite in the Capital's Oberoi hotel.

"The US shouldn't act like a big bully. There have been occasions where the US has acted in a different way. Afghanistan has said no to enforcers. We are partners of the US. ..."

EDIT:

I don't know but from his body language it seems his excellency Mukherjee is thinking something along the lines: "OMG what is he selling me now ..."

article-2523765-1A03156400000578-552_634x372.jpg

Afghanistan's president Hamid Karzai (left) shakes hands with President Pranab Mukherjee at the memorial service for the late Nelson Mandela

Then why does Pakistan abuse USA so much? some syndrome? Pakistan got more dollors that Afganis. :)

The biggest difference in USA and Pakistan is evident in below video. And for Pakistanis, its a request to not bring this in corridor of Conspiracy theories like always.

The biggest reason for newfound love for India is, 'INDIA IS OUR ONLY NEIGHBOURHOOD WHO DO NOT INTERFERE IN OUR INT"ERNAL AFFAIRS'. Do watch the newz item.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom