What's new

Karachi's affluent women bring Islam into their lives and lifestyles (NYT)

Your examples of Mumtaz Qadri & the woman who threw trash are contradictory though I get the message.
? I only gave an example that how much forgiving our prophet was.
Qadri was a corrupt politician while that woman only infringed upon the right of the Prophet SAW and was forgiven by him to show compulsion as another source for us Muslims. These 2 examples are not compatible.
qadri was a bodyguard of a politician (probably corrupt politician) he took oath to protect him and than he killed him he was not only a traitor but a murderer/criminal too.
Plus, Qadri is a regional & cultural phenomenon, please don't paint him in Islamic light, though his followers & opponents will.
Wait what? he killed salman taseer because salman taseer was only defending a girl who *allegedly* commited blasphemy.
When religion is a scapegoat & no one there to defend it, who else will not use it? ;)
:crazy:

@Roybot you gotta be someone to not notice the anti-Islamic voice on WikiIslam. Is that your source most of the time when discussing religion? :o:....o_O

Link plz. So that I can analyze it too.

I don't know what you're referring to, please elaborate.
You see thats the way we are discussing issues without insults or one liners
On hudod losing its sting
https://www.dawn.com/news/626858
https://pakistanconstitutionlaw.com...on-of-women-criminal-laws-amendment-act-2006/

qadri was a bodyguard of a politician (probably corrupt politician) he took oath to protect him and than he killed him he was not only a traitor but a murderer/criminal too.

Wait what? he killed salman taseer because salman taseer was only defending a girl who *allegedly* commited blasphemy.

Your definitely mixing things up. Check out the Ridda Wars, I'm sure the 4 Rightly Guided Caliphs should have been merciful too in your context? (they were but only after the wars ended)

I'm going to end here since our discussion is leading us away from the topic.

See you around, cheers. :cheers:

Arey bhai kis Pakistan ki baat hay yahan to brain eating amoeba ko kuch logoan nay kaha kay ye yahdion ki sazish hay takey Musalman wuzo na karein :D

You see thats the way we are discussing issues without insults or one liners
On hudod losing its sting
https://www.dawn.com/news/626858
https://pakistanconstitutionlaw.com...on-of-women-criminal-laws-amendment-act-2006/

Well this leads me to my initial (unwritten) conclusion that these Laws needs to be upgraded & ratified. That's the only answer to the misuse of these laws.

But who will upgrade them? Surely, the anti-Islamic views are spread so deep that no one will dare to take a stand? ;)

Your examples of Mumtaz Qadri & the woman who threw trash are contradictory though I get the message.

Qadri was a corrupt politician while that woman only infringed upon the right of the Prophet SAW and was forgiven by him to show compulsion as another source for us Muslims. These 2 examples are not compatible.

Plus, Qadri is a regional & cultural phenomenon, please don't paint him in Islamic light, though his followers & opponents will.

When religion is a scapegoat & no one there to defend it, who else will not use it? ;)
Taseer was an innocent man Qadri was a brain washed terrorist

Taseer was an innocent man Qadri was a brain washed terrorist

Let's not detract from our discussion. To each their own. :)

Why have a blood money option why not just take its teeth out?
I am ok with new hudood laws i dont think we need to go back in Zia era

The blood money option comes in handy for situations for which it was made for. For example, tomorrow PA does an Op. against terrorists in Punjab but accidentally kills 3 civilians, that's when the Hudud laws come in. It wasn't the "intended" action but a mistake thus there is no need to hang/eye-for-an-eye kill the PA soldiers responsible.

You just need to broaden your horizons. :rolleyes:

Also, no ones proposing to go back to Zia's era, it'll be different & based upon scholarly & public consensus (along with the politicians).

Anti Islamic values are spread deep in 95-97% Muslim country?

That's for you to judge but I think a birds eye view is better than one living inside the box. :D

Well this leads me to my initial (unwritten) conclusion that these Laws needs to be upgraded & ratified. That's the only answer to the misuse of these laws.

But who will upgrade them? Surely, the anti-Islamic views are spread so deep that no one will dare to take a stand? ;)
Why have a blood money option why not just take its teeth out?
I am ok with new hudood laws i dont think we need to go back in Zia era

Anti Islamic values are spread deep in 95-97% Muslim country?

Not a girl but an illiterate mother of five who had a fight with Muslim women in her villages over a well

Let's not detract from our discussion. To each their own. :)

The blood money option comes in handy for situations for which it was made for. For example, tomorrow PA does an Op. against terrorists in Punjab but accidentally kills 3 civilians, that's when the Hudud laws come in. It wasn't the "intended" action but a mistake thus there is no need to hang/eye-for-an-eye kill the PA soldiers responsible.

You just need to broaden your horizons. :rolleyes:

Also, no ones proposing to go back to Zia's era, it'll be different & based upon scholarly & public consensus (along with the politicians).

That's for you to judge but I think a birds eye view is better than one living inside the box. :D
That is different from intentional murders which are being pardoned by doing settelments with family members even road crashes are being pardoned without investigation if driver was at fault or not

When we were kids we used to say door sey daikha to ganjay uchal rahey thay pas sey daikha to anday obal rahey thay :D

Things may appear different to people if they dont see them closely

Things may appear different to people if they dont see them closely

Ah but I have seen Pakistan closely & from afar. :D

Since there is nothing left to discuss, I bid you a good day.

:cheers:

an ardently proud Islamic Republic having Islam at the center of its culture, people's values, identity, worldview, and so on.

What is Islamic about Pakistan?

Your definitely mixing things up.
Eh no i don't think so.
I'm going to end here since our discussion is leading us away from the topic.
Agreed :agree:
See you around, cheers. :cheers:
Yep see you around bud cheers :cheers: .
Arey bhai kis Pakistan ki baat hay yahan to brain eating amoeba ko kuch logoan nay kaha kay ye yahdion ki sazish hay takey Musalman wuzo na karein :D
:o: Allah toba :lol: share story or article about it i wanna read :lol:

Constitution.

Ok so can constitution be held accountable? Can it provide justice to people? Can it free humans of their slavery? Can it stop the widespread dishonesty and corruption? Can it stop me from telling lies? Can it feed the poor? Can it send poor children of Pakistan to schools? Can it protect women of Pakistan from getting raped, abused, harassed, oppressed at the hands of both conservatives and liberals alike? What use is this constitution of Pakistan and what is Islamic about it? All talk and no action is hardly Islam.

This sh*t of a constitution can't even ensure if the governor is honest and truthful, this garbage has never guaranteed free and fair election in Pakistan and you say its Islamic. Sometimes I think that how people of Pakistan worship this constitution can't be equated with shirk.

Read my signature buddy that's constitution of Pakistan for you.

The name duh :D

You could have said "The name only" ..........

Back
Top Bottom