What's new

Karachi: Zulfiqar Mirza's statement triggers another round of violence

Karachi was established as a major trading hub by the British in 1839..No mohajirs back then. How about the other side of the coin, MQM raising the banner of Mohajir rights completely infested the city with terrorism, no-go zones, criminal activities, kidnapping, murders, loot, plundering and exortion between 1987 - 1992 and completely destroyed the international image of Karachi as well as its forgien investment potential?

Your ranting won't change facts, british contribution was in very limited areas i.e Saddar & surroundings, none other place of Karachi was developed by Britishers. In 80's the govt of zia started throwing huge Afghan refugees(not Pakistanis) into Karachi who brought drug gun culture & exteremist views, it was like a threat to people living there, just think for a moment if zia throws all those in Lahore or Islamabad or any area where you live, how much tension would arose on your head so therefore MQM came into being as no other political party care what zia was doing & no one raised the voice for Muhajirs, after that in early 90's when Afghan war was done, zia was gone & election came near, than many parties realize that they had loose their voting bank of Karachi as MQM were vastly supported by masses than in Karachi so than nawaz after winning election planned to eliminate MQM & he started propaganda that MQM was working for a separate country 'Jinnahpur' & than he ordered army to step in, world knows what happened than, but thanks to almighty Allah that army realize it was fake & pull out troops from Karachi. When Benazir rule came later in mid 90's she brought their PPP thug type supporters in Karachi. Now today those PPP thugs areas such as Lyari & ANP & Afghan refugees areas are no-go areas even for Police or Rangers. MQM supported areas are all over Karachi & no one had ever faced any problem going there even Pakistani Pathan & Sindhis live in those areas & they also know who is trouble creator. How is it that every time ethnic violence start in PPP rule why was there no ethnic violence during Musharraf era? ever thought about that or just post whatever $hit comes into mind?

So what about the other side of the coin?? Then it was also a muhajir who sold national secrets to Iran, Libya, North-Korea and god knows who not. So back to square one, he was just an economic oppurtunist, the so called 80%. Infact, its a documents fact that he did not bring nuclear tech to Pakistan out of patriotism but for monetory gains. And got paid back more than he could dream for. Excessive pride kills rationality. What you are doing is honking every one with the same stick. Trying to claim the contributions of 20% over 80%. If my brother scored a gold medal in world olympics, that doesnt give me some sort of elevated status ? does it?

Hmmm, nice going. Great thing is that you have become so blind in Muhajir hatred that you won't resist calling a patriotic Pakistani Dr Qadeer, who made Pakistan a power that no one can dare to attack it, an economic opportunist. :tdown::tdown:

Sorry but aap jese logon ko mein ehsan faramosh samajhta hun.

And other people are sitting in outback cultivating fields?? Seriously, where did these assumptions came from?? Someone is accusing me of assumption while they are talking their own assumptions? I know most of the industries around Sindh are owned by Mohajirs, some noteable and respected icons are Hamdard foundation, Adamjee groups, etc etc but thats not the case all over Pakistan. There are many enterprising people of all kinds from every corner of Pakistan and they must be respected for their efforts, contribution in terms of tax revenues and jobs for the youth.

Yes there are 99% good people, unlike some 1% people like you or PPP or those exteremist fighting in North & i respect each & every Pakistani from the depth of my heart no matter what ethnicity or religion/beleifs he follows, every Pakistani is my brother. & what assumptions dude, i'm not assuming anything infact i'm posting facts, internet is there for you, Karachi provides 70% revenue of Pakistan, Karachi a small city(area), what about other areas? It clearly means rest of Pakistan provides just 30% revenue.

Driving a cab or working in a hotel, work is respectable regardless of what is it. Being inflicted with superiorist mentality is not. I can bring you equivalent numbers of ethinic Pakistani majorities working as world class researchers, scientests, doctors, etc etc and an equivalent number of Mohajirs indicted in crime and serving jail time. The deal is yours! Seriously.

Yes true driving cab or working in hotel is not soo bad but being arrested by foriegn police doing evil stuffs, is it good thing? It is humiliation for all Pakistanis. And no i don't beleive in superiority bull$hit, don't twist my post. Also you can post whatever you want to post i bet none Muhajir has done anything which causes disgrace to our country.

I am a Mohajir myself (by MQM definition) because I do not belong to any native ethinic group of Pakistan so may be I hate myself too.. and all my friends and family as well. However, your ridicolus claim calls for a research. The major export industries of Pakistan are now all concentrated in Punjab in part thanks to MQM terrorism. Secondly, Karachi is the only port city Pakistan has so natrually it is the largest contributor in terms of taxes due import / export activities not the largest contributor in GDP. Because all provices are bound to use Karachi port for export, the revenues earned cannot be attributed alone to Karachi. This is where MQM seeks to exploit the gold mine by intentional disinformation and propoganda. Once the gawadar port of fully operations, this dependy will break and Altaf bhai worshippers will be forced to starve. This is the fear behind altaf bhai sympathy diaherria towards corrupt baloch sardars like bugti. I dont hate Mohajirs I hate the MQM political refugees trying to hack Pakistan for economic gains.

Are you fooling yourself or are you fooling me? i live in US, don't know about gulf countries but here in US more than half items of Pakistan you pick will be made in Karachi. No this is wrong no one had bound other provinces to use Karachi port only, Gawadar has a huge & less crowded port, all provinces can use that port too, it is not build for just show casing something. All Nawaz sharif, Zardari, ANP worshippers must stop spreading false fake baseless propagandas.

hahaha .. how can you say Edhi is related to MQM .. or Dr. Abdul Qadeer .. in case you didn't comprehend the post - somebozo was talking about your pir ... altaf kaalia

There were many opportunists like you - who used migration to Karachi / Pakistan only as a stepping stone .. only a financial reason .. this is why I am still in Pakistan but you are a bhagora ... its time you realise that boy

Don't become a duffer & try to read what i post, that guy said Muhajirs are economic opportunist & done nothing good for Pakistan so i show him what Muhajirs did. Now go & work for your pir zardari ghaddari.

So what are other Pakistanis doing outside, biggest example is that somebozo guy in Arabia

Man what an utter bunch of bull..Nawaz won the election and he would worry about the limited vote bank of karachi, where people avail the voting day holiday to go on a date or sleep at home..How are not good at interpreting propoganda. really?? Are you are refugee in USA?? Why dont you join MQM USA, go on a killing spree at the heart of NY and claim mohajir rights ?? What an utter bunch of horse cr@p and blind party propoganda which makes no sense..

What about the day and night killings of Karachities by MQM, bori band bodies, kidnapping for ransom, mutiliated corpses, attacks on other ethinic groups settled in Pakistan particularly Punjabis, propoganda against Punjabis, songs to ridicule Punjabis and lets not forget Altaf bhai championing slogans "Punjabi Kha gaya"????

Infact after the Nawaz crackdown on MQM, Altaf was left in such a bad trauma that he had to flee the country. His jiyalas who swore to live and die by him abandoned him faster than a toilet paper. He became a patient of Schizophrenia. MQM utterly failed to continue fooling the world with their mohajir propoganda, hence the complete diversion of course into Muthedia Quomi Movement (or Mustaqil Quomi Masla)

Zia policies affected everyone much like Bhutto policies. However, that is not the reason to pick guns. And MQM violence at large was targetted towards fellow Mohajirs, which explains something?? Kindnapping for ransom, exhortion from trade community?? Infact the Afghanis and MQM thugs rarely clashed in the early days as both had limited turf and resources to play with. The initial clash of MQM was with Jamat which commanded the major vote bank in Karachi and it was more over religious reasons than politics (will not go into details of that to aviod deraling of thread)

Selling national secrets is a punishable crime even if done by founding father himself. No one is above the law. And yes, Qadeer Khan himself admitted to economic motives for selling nuke tech, so he became an economic exploiter. He is neither higher than thou not exempt from punishment for the mistake he has intentionally comitted.

Are you fooling yourself or are you fooling me? i live in US, don't know about gulf countries but here in US more than half items of Pakistan you pick will be made in Karachi.
Since when did they start growing mangoes or manufacturing surgical items and footballs in Karachi??

Since you live in USA, a question of basic economics..how much jobs have you created back home to support your country and country men??
Another question of basic knowledge.

Since you are settled in USA, are you living there on immigration or refugee status??
What makes you a "Mohajir" in Pakistan but a citizen in USA??
Why must you not pick arms against the US government to secure the rights of immigrants which is actively talking about deporting millions of illegals migrants?? Isnt that a hypocrisy??

Refugee in a country your belong to but natrualized citizen of one you migrated to??

Instead of posting logical debate you are calling me blinded by hatred and repeating loops which make no sense?

Since you are an ardent MQM supporter, have you ever met your quaid in person to base your views about him?

Don't become a duffer & try to read what i post, that guy said Muhajirs are economic opportunist & done nothing good for Pakistan so i show him what Muhajirs did. Now go & work for your pir zardari ghaddari.

So what are other Pakistanis doing outside, biggest example is that somebozo guy in Arabia

Try to concentrade harder and read better, or else you are proving false the "parhay likhay" propoganda of your party. I said 20% contributed while 80% just came as economic oppurtunist. And I posted facts and figures to sustain my claims. Please do the same to ptove me false, copy-paste party propoganda will not help.

And in regards to Somebozo in Arabia, you raise a good question and now you shall face the answer.

I have contributed a lot to Pakistan in terms of forgien currency remittances, investments and job creation. I am actively seeking Pakistani products to promote in the Gulf and vice versa. I own a small energy firm in Pakistan which employees four engineers and we hope to grow in future. We are actively seeking oppurtunities in the Gulf to boost our business and be able to grow and create more jobs for Pakistani youth.

We have nearly finalized a deal with a German company for licensing and transfer of tech to build bio-gass farms through the Zardari led corrupt government is not helping us at all. But if put into action, it will created atleast 40-50 jobs in Pakistan.

And seriously, what MQM is doing is sending their sympathy agents randomly to persuade for hiring someone on basis of their reference..think about an electrical engineering internee unable to explain V=IR?? How do these people even get into Karachi University??

My family is also involved in charitable work and until date, we have supported over a 1000 children from improvished interior areas to get through education uptil Intermediate and various diplomas. Yes, a majority of them were Afghani refugees but the need of hour calls for help not ethinical division.

And by the way, I am born and raised in KSA. It is my second home and will always be. And seriously I enjoy good releations with MQM lot and even invitied Mutafa Kamal bhai to my sister wedding last year. He couldnt show up but sent a representative. Thats why I say, I know MQM from the inside!

Man what an utter bunch of bull..Nawaz won the election and he would worry about the limited vote bank of karachi, where people avail the voting day holiday to go on a date or sleep at home..How are not good at interpreting propoganda. really?? Are you are refugee in USA?? Why dont you join MQM USA, go on a killing spree at the heart of NY and claim mohajir rights ?? What an utter bunch of horse cr@p and blind party propoganda which makes no sense..

What about the day and night killings of Karachities by MQM, bori band bodies, kidnapping for ransom, mutiliated corpses, attacks on other ethinic groups settled in Pakistan particularly Punjabis, propoganda against Punjabis, songs to ridicule Punjabis and lets not forget Altaf bhai championing slogans "Punjabi Kha gaya"????

Infact after the Nawaz crackdown on MQM, Altaf was left in such a bad trauma that he had to flee the country. His jiyalas who swore to live and die by him abandoned him faster than a toilet paper. He became a patient of Schizophrenia. MQM utterly failed to continue fooling the world with their mohajir propoganda, hence the complete diversion of course into Muthedia Quomi Movement (or Mustaqil Quomi Masla)

Zia policies affected everyone much like Bhutto policies. However, that is not the reason to pick guns. And MQM violence at large was targetted towards fellow Mohajirs, which explains something?? Kindnapping for ransom, exhortion from trade community?? Infact the Afghanis and MQM thugs rarely clashed in the early days as both had limited turf and resources to play with. The initial clash of MQM was with Jamat which commanded the major vote bank in Karachi and it was more over religious reasons than politics (will not go into details of that to aviod deraling of thread)

Selling national secrets is a punishable crime even if done by founding father himself. No one is above the law. And yes, Qadeer Khan himself admitted to economic motives for selling nuke tech, so he became an economic exploiter. He is neither higher than thou not exempt from punishment for the mistake he has intentionally comitted.

Since when did they start growing mangoes or manufacturing surgical items and footballs in Karachi??

Since you live in USA, a question of basic economics..how much jobs have you created back home to support your country and country men??
Another question of basic knowledge.

Since you are settled in USA, are you living there on immigration or refugee status??
What makes you a "Mohajir" in Pakistan but a citizen in USA??
Why must you not pick arms against the US government to secure the rights of immigrants which is actively talking about deporting millions of illegals migrants?? Isnt that a hypocrisy??

Refugee in a country your belong to but natrualized citizen of one you migrated to??

Instead of posting logical debate you are calling me blinded by hatred and repeating loops which make no sense?

Since you are an ardent MQM supporter, have you ever met your quaid in person to base your views about him?

I wrote facts that every Pakistani knows, now you start telling me i should join MQM. I won't waste my precious time arguing with ignorent like you.

And how can you be so sure that Qadeer did all that for his self economic purpose? Who knows what is truth, who knows if he is hiding truth so that world don't start pointing fingers at Pakistan or put sanctions against Pakistan. But anyways i don't want to argue any further on what i know is 'bhens k aagay been bajana'.

Hmm interesting question what makes me muhajir in my own country & citizen in US, well you should ask this from yourself & people of your type because in all these 21 years since i was born i consider myself only Pakistani & this is what my parents taught me, it is people like you who had given me name that i'm muhajir & 2nd class refugee. But only Allah knows that in my heart it will Inshallah never change that i was a Pakistani, i'm a Pakistani & will Inshallah remain a Pakistani. In US no one give me a name of refugee, but you won't understand this.

Try to concentrade harder and read better, or else you are proving false the "parhay likhay" propoganda of your party. I said 20% contributed while 80% just came as economic oppurtunist. And I posted facts and figures to sustain my claims. Please do the same to ptove me false, copy-paste party propoganda will not help.

And in regards to Somebozo in Arabia, you raise a good question and now you shall face the answer.

I have contributed a lot to Pakistan in terms of forgien currency remittances, investments and job creation. I am actively seeking Pakistani products to promote in the Gulf and vice versa. I own a small energy firm in Pakistan which employees four engineers and we hope to grow in future. We are actively seeking oppurtunities in the Gulf to boost our business and be able to grow and create more jobs for Pakistani youth.

We have nearly finalized a deal with a German company for licensing and transfer of tech to build bio-gass farms through the Zardari led corrupt government is not helping us at all. But if put into action, it will created atleast 40-50 jobs in Pakistan.

And seriously, what MQM is doing is sending their sympathy agents randomly to persuade for hiring someone on basis of their reference..think about an electrical engineering internee unable to explain V=IR?? How do these people even get into Karachi University??

My family is also involved in charitable work and until date, we have supported over a 1000 children from improvished interior areas to get through education uptil Intermediate and various diplomas. Yes, a majority of them were Afghani refugees but the need of hour calls for help not ethinical division.

And by the way, I am born and raised in KSA. It is my second home and will always be. And seriously I enjoy good releations with MQM lot and even invitied Mutafa Kamal bhai to my sister wedding last year. He couldnt show up but sent a representative. Thats why I say, I know MQM from the inside!

I respect you for what you have done for the country but calling 80% muhajirs economic opportunist is all nonsence, how is it that rich people leave all their huge lands big houses 'kothis' & everything to come to Pakistan, if they were economic opportunist why didn't they move to big cities of that time which were Lahore, Delhi or Bombay, Karachi was not even close to match these cities economic might, also most people came from UP,Bihar in far north & Hyderabad Deccan in south, so if they were economic opportunist they could move to their nearby cities & that were Lahore & Delhi for north & Bombay for south.

I respect you for what you have done for the country but calling 80% muhajirs economic opportunist is all nonsence, how is it that rich people leave all their huge lands big houses 'kothis' & everything to come to Pakistan, if they were economic opportunist why didn't they move to big cities of that time which were Lahore, Delhi or Bombay, Karachi was not even close to match these cities economic might, also most people came from UP,Bihar in far north & Hyderabad Deccan in south, so if they were economic opportunist they could move to their nearby cities & that were Lahore & Delhi for north & Bombay for south.
\

You see everything in monochrome light and i do not. Hence the classification. Not every migrant left bags of wealth and palaces in India, a majority did not. Infact a majority which came from India were worst off in India, probably living in slums. Hence the 20 / 80 classification. A good example of this would be the family of your Altaf Bhai.

His father was a mere train station master in India, therefore in any capacity sure as hell he did not have the ability to make any kind of contribution wether financial, scientefic, academic or political to Pakistan. He only proved to be a financial drag on the state by taking away limited pool of low skilled jobs and retirement benefits later.

Another way of explaining this could be; if you apply for immigration to USA or Canada or any other country for that matter you have better chances to suceed by putting your credentials as a doctor, engineer, scientest, businessmen, researcher, scholar etc etc. Because your abilities will result in betterment of state and indirectly create jobs for the locals.

However, if you present your credentials as burger flipper or janitor, then the state does not benefit anything by your skills because such work does not require any qualifcations. And infact you end up eating into limitied pool of unskilled jobs as well be a burden on state for retirement benefits.

These kind of people cannot be expected to contribute anything to the state or turn any industrial miracles as falsely claimed by MQM.

Migrants did settle in Punjab and KP, a large community of Dehlities live in Lahore. However KP and Pubjab have strong culture so the migrants tend to mix in over time. Secondly, Karachi was the only town which had sustained industrial growth due to plannings left by British hence the largest job creation potential as well it was the capital of Pakistan back then. Having a neutral culture was also a comfort factor for many. Also the other proviences either did not have the resources or did not want to upset the local harmony by absorbing large sudden influx of refugees in massive numbers. The government failed by not being able to evenly distribute migrants and instead letting them concentrate in one singular city.

Ask your family elder about post-partition claims scams where people of nothing became something over night. Thousands of people flocked to Pakistan out of oppurtunism to file bogus claims and get rich over night. Many sold their properties earned in claims and returned to India with wealth. We had an english style house in Sukkher which was purchased from a smiliar oppurtinist by my Nana at pennies on dollar. The far north of India was extremely improvished and almost nil in academic and financial terms and remains so even today so what could these people contribute to Pakistan??? And secondly, the people at large who migrated did not project any academic might. Many were just low level employees of British government and some were refugees fleeing riots. So its a logical question which demands answers when reading history.

It is wrong to assume that people only migrated from the above mentioned localities. A lot of muslims also came from Indian gujrat, banglore, indore, maysore the hometown of legendry Tipu Sultan.

My neighbours in Pakistan claim decend from Tipu Sultan and have a family tree to support their claim, the validity of which I dont know. And then there is another person my mom told me about whose father stole 80K rupees from a hindu and fled to Pakistan. My grandmother (nani amma) who was 12 at the time of parition tells me that many people falsely used her family identity to file bogus claims and for a long time, people from India used to visit her father to persuade him for support in filing claims in exchange of comissions from the earnings made on claims. A servant of theirs who dissapeared without notice showed up few years later flaunting himself as the owner of some agricultural land. He came to beg for pardon for falsely using the family name and documents. He stills sends yearly tribute to my mothers home in Karachi though there is no one to utilize them and it ends up going into charity.

So all kind of people used the migration wave and a large majority of them as usual were oppurtunist.

I dont have an agenda against migrants, mohajirs, refugees, udru speakers, north indians, what ever you like to call them. For me, a Pakistani passport bearer is a citizen and have equal right. However, I for me cannot digest a word of MQM propoganda neither tolerate someone propogating their nonsense manipulated history.

\

You see everything in monochrome light and i do not. Hence the classification. Not every migrant left bags of wealth and palaces in India, a majority did not. Infact a majority which came from India were worst off in India, probably living in slums. Hence the 20 / 80 classification. A good example of this would be the family of your Altaf Bhai.

His father was a mere train station master in India, therefore in any capacity sure as hell he did not have the ability to make any kind of contribution wether financial, scientefic, academic or political to Pakistan. He only proved to be a financial drag on the state by taking away limited pool of low skilled jobs and retirement benefits later.

Another way of explaining this could be; if you apply for immigration to USA or Canada or any other country for that matter you have better chances to suceed by putting your credentials as a doctor, engineer, scientest, businessmen, researcher, scholar etc etc. Because your abilities will result in betterment of state and indirectly create jobs for the locals.

However, if you present your credentials as burger flipper or janitor, then the state does not benefit anything by your skills because such work does not require any qualifcations. And infact you end up eating into limitied pool of unskilled jobs as well be a burden on state for retirement benefits.

These kind of people cannot be expected to contribute anything to the state or turn any industrial miracles as falsely claimed by MQM.

Migrants did settle in Punjab and KP, a large community of Dehlities live in Lahore. However KP and Pubjab have strong culture so the migrants tend to mix in over time. Secondly, Karachi was the only town which had sustained industrial growth due to plannings left by British hence the largest job creation potential as well it was the capital of Pakistan back then. Having a neutral culture was also a comfort factor for many. Also the other proviences either did not have the resources or did not want to upset the local harmony by absorbing large sudden influx of refugees in massive numbers. The government failed by not being able to evenly distribute migrants and instead letting them concentrate in one singular city.

Ask your family elder about post-partition claims scams where people of nothing became something over night. Thousands of people flocked to Pakistan out of oppurtunism to file bogus claims and get rich over night. Many sold their properties earned in claims and returned to India with wealth. We had an english style house in Sukkher which was purchased from a smiliar oppurtinist by my Nana at pennies on dollar. The far north of India was extremely improvished and almost nil in academic and financial terms and remains so even today so what could these people contribute to Pakistan??? And secondly, the people at large who migrated did not project any academic might. Many were just low level employees of British government and some were refugees fleeing riots. So its a logical question which demands answers when reading history.

It is wrong to assume that people only migrated from the above mentioned localities. A lot of muslims also came from Indian gujrat, banglore, indore, maysore the hometown of legendry Tipu Sultan.

My neighbours in Pakistan claim decend from Tipu Sultan and have a family tree to support their claim, the validity of which I dont know. And then there is another person my mom told me about whose father stole 80K rupees from a hindu and fled to Pakistan. My grandmother (nani amma) who was 12 at the time of parition tells me that many people falsely used her family identity to file bogus claims and for a long time, people from India used to visit her father to persuade him for support in filing claims in exchange of comissions from the earnings made on claims. A servant of theirs who dissapeared without notice showed up few years later flaunting himself as the owner of some agricultural land. He came to beg for pardon for falsely using the family name and documents. He stills sends yearly tribute to my mothers home in Karachi though there is no one to utilize them and it ends up going into charity.

So all kind of people used the migration wave and a large majority of them as usual were oppurtunist.

I dont have an agenda against migrants, mohajirs, refugees, udru speakers, north indians, what ever you like to call them. For me, a Pakistani passport bearer is a citizen and have equal right. However, I for me cannot digest a word of MQM propoganda neither tolerate someone propogating their nonsense manipulated history.

I wish what you said was true, but unfortunately your hatred against Karachiti Pakistanis is visible from each n everyword, & even you tried to say that most people who migrate steal hindu money & ran to Pakistan. Good going. Not even worth arguing.:tdown:

I wish what you said was true, but unfortunately your hatred against Karachiti Pakistanis is visible from each n everyword, & even you tried to say that most people who migrate steal hindu money & ran to Pakistan. Good going. Not even worth arguing.:tdown:
Ever evaluate the logical standing of your statements? I am comforably living why should I hate Karachite Pakistanis who are not in any capacity to benefit or harm me. And beside that a lot of different people live in Karachi and a majority of Karachites is non political. Yes i hate the MQM lot when they talk blind propoganda of MQM and I belive I have every right to hate them because MQM in unfairly capitalizing on my identity whose family contributions run to the roots of Pakistani state. You are living a sorry state in MQM illusion that Pakistanis hate the Karachities / mohajirs and hence they should spilt to form their own Jinnahpur, or what ever. Yes with activities of MQM, everyone has come to hate them including Mohajirs. Nobody can tolerate altaf diaherria from his toilet in london.

You should go and do some research and come back. To begin with you can start with asking about claims scam from your elders.

I am not sure how are you trying to debate the issue sitting far in America with someone whose family has role into foundation of Pakistan and a lot of documented history.

And the story of stealing hindu money was confessed by the concerned person himself. And none the less, it is safe of assume he might not have been the first or the only one.

Let me post a small tribute to the notable and respected Mohajirs who contributed to Pakistan and you tell me if you see an MQM member or supporter among them.

FIW8R.png

1st row: Liaqat Ali Khan · Abdul Qadeer Khan · Pervez Musharraf
2nd row: Abdul Sattar Edhi · Iskander Mirza · Shaukat Aziz
3rd row: Agha Hasan Abedi · Riazuddin · I.I Chundrigar
4rd row:Rohail Hyatt · Shoaib Mansoor · Sajjad Ali​

You "sorry" statements without presenting facts and figure, personal attacks and only presenting popular / party propoganda is akin to admission of defeat and fleeing away from debate.

in short , all the bloodshed , all the violence and in the end it didnt even matter because zulfi is still with ppp and mqm are also part of the gov ( unofficially ) whats the fuss !

Ever evaluate the logical standing of your statements? I am comforably living why should I hate Karachite Pakistanis who are not in any capacity to benefit or harm me. And beside that a lot of different people live in Karachi and a majority of Karachites is non political. Yes i hate the MQM lot when they talk blind propoganda of MQM and I belive I have every right to hate them because MQM in unfairly capitalizing on my identity whose family contributions run to the roots of Pakistani state. You are living a sorry state in MQM illusion that Pakistanis hate the Karachities / mohajirs and hence they should spilt to form their own Jinnahpur, or what ever. Yes with activities of MQM, everyone has come to hate them including Mohajirs. Nobody can tolerate altaf diaherria from his toilet in london.

You should go and do some research and come back. To begin with you can start with asking about claims scam from your elders.

I am not sure how are you trying to debate the issue sitting far in America with someone whose family has role into foundation of Pakistan and a lot of documented history.

And the story of stealing hindu money was confessed by the concerned person himself. And none the less, it is safe of assume he might not have been the first or the only one.

Let me post a small tribute to the notable and respected Mohajirs who contributed to Pakistan and you tell me if you see an MQM member or supporter among them.

FIW8R.png

1st row: Liaqat Ali Khan · Abdul Qadeer Khan · Pervez Musharraf
2nd row: Abdul Sattar Edhi · Iskander Mirza · Shaukat Aziz
3rd row: Agha Hasan Abedi · Riazuddin · I.I Chundrigar
4rd row:Rohail Hyatt · Shoaib Mansoor · Sajjad Ali​

You "sorry" statements without presenting facts and figure, personal attacks and only presenting popular / party propoganda is akin to admission of defeat and fleeing away from debate.

Hmmm i see how quickly you change your tongue, before that you were calling Dr Qadeer an economic opportunist who only migrate to Pakistan for money. Care to explain this hypocrisy.

Where did i said that Karachitis should create a separate country Jinnahpur?

People here saying altaf should come back or MQM should make a new leader are totally fools. If MQM supporters want altaf to come back surely he should come or if people want other leader of MQM surely MQM should make a new leader but if MQM supporters don't have a problem so what's the problem with PPP & waderay supporters, why you guys are burning? As for me i have post before & posting again that i personally don't like altaf but i like MQM because it have educated people who know that if a country needs to rise & stand on it's own feets it needs to grow up it's economy & exports. Also i support APML & PTI more than MQM, all parties other than these three are failed parties & cannot deliver anything good for Pakistanis.

as long as Altaf is the leader you can't expect people to accept MQM as a "good party"! for example its like saying zardari is the head of PPP and we support PPP!! its dumb!

as long as zardari nawaz and altaf are head of their parties no one will respect these parties! with altaf as head PPP,MQM,PML are all the same! only difference is that zardari & nawaz are pakistanis!

By Declan Walsh

It is one of the great enigmas of Pakistani politics. For over 18 years the affairs of Karachi, the country's largest city and thrumming economic hub, have been run from a shabby office block more than 4,000 miles away in a suburb of north London.

The man at the heart of this unusual situation is Altaf Hussain, a barrel-shaped man with a caterpillar moustache and a vigorous oratorical style who inspires both reverence and fear in the sprawling south Asian city he effectively runs by remote control.

Hussain is the undisputed tsar of the mohajirs, the descendents of Muslim migrants who flooded into Pakistan during the tumult of partition from India in 1947, and who today form Karachi's largest ethnic group.

A firebrand of student politics, Hussain galvanized the mohajirs into a potent political force in 1984, when he formed the Mohajir Qaumi Movement – now known as the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, or MQM. The party swept elections in the city in 1987 and 1988 but quickly developed a reputation for violence.

At early rallies Hussain surrounded himself with gunmen and urged supporters to "sell your VCRs and buy kalashnikovs"; violence later erupted between the MQM and ethnic Sindhi rivals and, later, against the army, which deployed troops to Karachi in the early 1990s.

It was during the tumult of this time that Hussain and his right-hand man, Imran Farooq, who has just been killed in London, fled the city, in the wake of a slew of police accusations of involvement in racketeering and killing.

Both men vigorously denied the charges, insisting that they were politically motivated and took refuge in London to set up a base for the MQM in Edgware, a quiet suburb in the north of the city.

Since then, Hussain has run the party from exile with a tight grip. In Pakistan the party is officially led by Farooq Sattar, a mild-mannered former mayor of Karachi, but most decisions of significance are taken by Hussain.

His trademark feature is a pair of coffee-tinted Aviator shades and he speaks in a sometimes maniacal style. But few of his supporters, many of whom are women, can see him: Hussain has pioneered the "telephone rally" in Pakistan, addressing tens of thousands of people crowded into Karachi streets around a loudspeaker linked up to a telephone.

Under Sattar, the party has tried hard to shake its association with violence in recent years. It won control of Karachi city council during Pervez Musharraf's rule in 2005, and has won praise for the construction of highways, water schemes and other city amenities. Business leaders in particular have praised its management of an often chaotic city.

But the dark reputation has not entirely gone away. In May 2007 armed MQM supporters held the city hostage during a day of political violence, triggered by Musharraf who is himself a mohajir, that saw more than 40 people killed.

Last month, Raza Haider, a senior MQM official, was gunned down as he said his prayers, triggering a ferocious wave of tit-for-tat killings involving the MQM and rivals in ethnic Pashtun parties and the ruling Pakistan People's Party, whose Karachi factions are also armed.

The MQM has also been split by rivalries within the mohajir community that have seen periodic blood-letting, both within the MQM and with a breakaway faction known as MQM-Haqiqi, which was fostered in the 1990s by Pakistan intelligence as a means of breaking Hussain's stranglehold on power in Karachi.

Now, with the gruesome killing of Farooq, a senior if largely colourless figure, the bloodshed appears to have spread from Pakistan to the streets of north London.

Source: From Guardian

I particularly loved Author's description of Altaf Kaalia .... Altaf Hussain, a barrel-shaped man with a caterpillar moustache .. priceless !! hahah

Hmmm i see how quickly you change your tongue, before that you were calling Dr Qadeer an economic opportunist who only migrate to Pakistan for money. Care to explain this hypocrisy.

Where did i said that Karachitis should create a separate country Jinnahpur?

His criminal activities irrespective of his contribution to national security are still classfied as punisable under any law.
And i did not call him an oppurtunist but was shedding light on alternate view. You said it was a Mohajir who gave nuke tech to Pakistan, and i said he benefitted economically out of it by selling national security secrets to Iran & Libya. My intention was to offer an alternate point of view. In the end you will read what your mind belives and words can be mixed up to alter reality. Your preception is really who you are.

You are behaving like Mustafa kamal, the ability to argue endlessly without fact and figures.

I asked you to pick a notable Mohajir who supports or maintains membership in MQM. Instead, you ignore my question completely and dig out a completely different subject.

I repeat again, these tactics are akin to fleeing away from debate and addmission of defeat. We have become used to these tactics by MQM supporters and members on all major political talk shows. As recently, there was Haider Abbas Rizvi who flipped off his microphone and escaped from debate when questioned. And there was Mustafa Kemal unleashed threats on live TV over critisizm of his "Quaid."

If someone can find and post these videos, I will add fun to the mix.

I am not againt Mohajir having a political party or an identity, they have every right to do so under constitution of Pakistan. But I cannot accecpt a single stance of British-Indian agents MQM.For me, you can either be a Pakistani or an MQM supporter. Not both. And yes, it includes all breakaway factions of MQM such as MQM-H and BQM.

Please post info on any notable Mohajir which supports or maintain membership in MQM. So far you have not even been able to prove the contribition of your Quaid and his "Parha Likha" qualifications.

I am sure Declan Walsh is a jageerdar and belong to feudal class otherwise how dare he said something about the most pious and "aman pasand" man in the world. MQM lovers look feudalism has now spread to UK also!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom