What's new

Karachi violence takes economic toll

It's a bit excessive but obviously Pakistan is currently going through a dilemma. You can't compare a city that's flourishing (New York) at this moment in history against a city (like Karachi) that's undergoing a crisis.

Well the poster was comparing , thats why i replied

It's a bit excessive but obviously Pakistan is currently going through a dilemma. You can't compare a city that's flourishing (New York) at this moment in history against a city (like Karachi) that's undergoing a crisis.

come on dude...we don't see so much blood bath in any other city of the world on Regular basis

10 people were shot dead since last night 300 in one month , how is that compared to cities in the west ?

Panic much? Thousands of people have been killed in Indian cities in riots time & time again. There are countless other cities worldwide that go through periods of violence. Are they North Waziristan?

Big cities go through turmoil from time to time, doesn't mean they have become North Waziristan.

yaa....the part you find difficult to understand is regular bloodshed..

:lol: trolling as usual... do I need to bring poverty in pakistan, failed country list and drones attack, bangladesh etc..

Obviously, you are the troll. I just trolled you back, and it hurt a little, didn't it?

Poverty, failed country, drone attacks, corruption, poor economy YET we do have enough toilets for everybody. I'm not going to argue with you anymore, you're not worth my time.

Wake up and purchase a toilet, my friend. :lol:

well sadly BUT MQM claims to OWN karachi! hence the major blame falls on them followed by PPP & ANP!

Panic much? Thousands of people have been killed in Indian cities in riots time & time again. There are countless other cities worldwide that go through periods of violence. Are they North Waziristan?

Big cities go through turmoil from time to time, doesn't mean they have become North Waziristan.

first you were comparing it with western cities now its worldwide ...now its india and big cities in the globe who exactly do you have in mind Kabul and alikes ?

Many cities of the UK & the US 'lost the writ' of the government for a few days as well, not so long ago. Did they become urban Waziristan as well?

Can we keep away with the sensationalist headlines? I am peacefully sitting in Karachi right now, traveling & meeting people.

Its actually pretty funny how the OP did not use the original title of the article and instead decided to use a sensational title which he hand picked himself because it suits his personal agenda which should be pretty obvious.

Original Title from DAWN's website:

http://dawn.com/2012/04/08/karachi-violence-takes-economic-toll/

His hand picked sensational Title:

Karachi has become urban Waziristan no writ of Govt

This here is a perfect example of a corrupt mentality, twisting up facts to meet ones own agenda, and then people here curse Zardari while they themselves are no different. Bravo, keep up your hatred for Pashtuns, you'll only expose your bigoted ethnocentric face.

Its actually pretty funny how the OP did not use the original title of the article and instead decided to use a sensational title which he hand picked himself because it suits his personal agenda which should be pretty obvious.
Original Title from DAWN's website:
Karachi violence takes economic toll | DAWN.COM
His hand picked sensational Title:

Karachi has become urban Waziristan no writ of Govt

This here is a perfect example of a corrupt mentality, twisting up facts to meet ones own agenda, and then people here curse Zardari while they themselves are no different. Bravo, keep up your hatred for Pashtuns, you'll only expose your bigoted ethnocentric face.

Well FYI this is not Dawns website its PDF ....... Also this was not added as interviewer said it its highlighted and bolded in the opening thread

Well FYI this is not Dawns website its PDF ....... Also this was not added as interviewer said it its highlighted and bolded in the opening thread

Wow, so now you're justifying posting that sensational title and not the original title of the article?, i'll check this with the mods and ask them if its appropriate to alter or change the original title of a article just because one doesn't like a certain ethnic minority due to ones own bigoted ethnocentric nature.

All the Problems Started after Punjabis and Pathans started Migrating En Mass Post 1970s.

Reported for trolling and attempt to incite ethnocentric hatred. And BTW, fix that caste system crap in your country before making foolish statement about our internal affairs.

It was bound to take an economic toll on the whole country.
Now it's just a matter of time before our well-educated and well respected (sarcasm) Interior Minister, Rehman Malik issues another statement about some conspiracy theory, and that he's got everything under control and bla bla bla bla bla.

Same sh!t happened a while ago in Karachi, and promises were made to improve security, same sh!t is happening now, and again they come up with utterly useless statements.
They're powerless against these gangwars and the overall violence and killings in Karachi.

It's clearly a sign that people do not respect the writ of the Government, perhaps these parasites who are guilty of these crimes will respect the writ of the Armed Forces?

I mean, how long is the current situation in Karachi supposed to continue, it's absolutely ridiculous that "it's just a matter of time" before something happens again in our financial hub.

Then again, it's a structural problem...and it's gonna take some time to root out the bad seed.... however, not under the current government, they're too busy with other scandals. :coffee:

Many cities of the UK & the US 'lost the writ' of the government for a few days as well, not so long ago. Did they become urban Waziristan as well?

Can we keep away with the sensationalist headlines? I am peacefully sitting in Karachi right now, traveling & meeting people.

Everything is fine as long as you don't feel the heat..what a logic ??? Keep your eyes closed and don't feel anything is wrong as long as you are safe..It's happening in United States so let it happen in any part of the world.We are happy with it.

Wow, so now you're justifying posting that sensational title and not the original title of the article?, i'll check this with the mods and ask them if its appropriate to alter or change the original title of a article just because one doesn't like a certain ethnic minority due to ones own bigoted ethnocentric nature.

go ahead .. and if i have done some thing real wrong as per forum rules than the mods would have given me a infraction or a warning there is no such thing. And there are hundred of threads with a different title than to the original article. What would you say to the thread made on video postings .. according to your approach than they must get a permission from the mods for title. This is a forum and we have a choice of opinion , i say this because being a resident i know one thing more than any of the experts we have here also i agree with the chap whose comments were comparing khi to waziristan. I also noted your comments about calling my post in hatered of pushtoons .. its not necessary every one thinks like you i have 2000 posts to prove it .. by comparing it to waziristan is pointing towards the lawlessness and mayhem !

All the Problems Started after Punjabis and Pathans started Migrating En Mass Post 1970s.

you are wrong here .. it has nothing to do with any one migrating to khi , karachi being a city of pakistan gives every one equal right to do so .. its the lawlessnes

For the people on this forum, I am a Karachiite who knows Karachi inside out. I am also a 100% Bihari "Mohajir". There are a few small, concentrated pockets where there is high violence, but most of the city is pretty dandy. All places where political parties (regardless of ethnicity) get a stronghold eventually become troublesome areas.

Back
Top Bottom