What's new

Karachi should be made a separate province

should Karachi be made separate province on administrative grounds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
nawaz shareef ne .

You know, I was 8-9 years old when one day I was reading Nou-nay-hal children magazine that Hakeem Saeed used to author. It was month of october, and suddenly I heard on news Hakeem Saeed killed in a target killing while he was coming out of a mosque. On that fateful day I began to hate MQM from core of my heart. Because it was MQM who are known for target killings at that time.

So W.11 stop bull shyting and atone for your sins that you earned by supporting laanti MQM

Aur ZAHRA APA ko unkay ghar waloan na mara tha ?

Sindh High Court acquits all accused in Said murder case

By Shamim-ur-Rahman

KARACHI, May 31: The Sindh High Court on Thursday acquitted all the nine accused in the Hakim Said murder case, setting aside the conviction and death sentence awarded to them by an anti-terrorism court on June 4, 1999.

While allowing the appeals against conviction and sentence, the anti-terrorism appellate bench, comprising Justice Ghulam Nabi Soomro and Justice Ataur Rahman, held in its short order that the "appellants are acquitted and should be released forthwith, if not required in any other case".

The appellants were: Shaikh Mohammed Aamirullah, Mohammed Shakir alias Shakir Langra, Mohammed Nadeem alias Nadeem Mota, Mohammed Faisal, Mohammed Zubair, Abu Imran Pasha, Nazar alias Muqarrib, Mohammad Zubair and Ezazul Hasan.

The murder had created a political stir in the country but the short order also demolished the political premise of the prosecution's case. After three months of hearing, the bench announced the short order which reflected its disbelief in investigation, the 164 (Cr.PC) statements, and demolished the prosecution's contentions with regard to recovery of arms and other evidence. It also demolished the political premise of the motive for the murder.

The defence counsel in appeals had argued for the acquittal because the prosecution had failed to prove any evidence, whether they pertained to confessional statement, witnesses' account, ballistic expert's report and evidence about the recovery of empties and finger-prints. On confessional statements the defence had argued that signatures were obtained first on blank paper while contents of the confession were written afterwards and therefore, they were fabricated evidence.

The defence had also argued that if one tainted piece of evidence cannot be corroborated then the whole statement should be rejected. They had also disputed the prosecution's contention with regard to the identification parade. The defence contended that the prosecution had also failed to justify the recovery of empties from the spot and the van.

They had termed the investigation a mere fabrication. The short order left open the question who were the killers of Hakim Said and whether there should be reinvestigation? When the order was announced, defence counsel Azizullah Shaikh, Mahmood Alam Rizvi, Adnan Ahmed and Iqtidar Hashmi were present.

The prosecution was represented by Assistant Advocate-General Habib Ahmed. Special Public Prosecutor M. Ilyas Khan has proceeded on vacations after arguing the prosecution's case. During the course of arguments on May 28, the special prosecutor had disagreed with the conviction of Abu Imran Pasha, Faisal and Muqarrib by the trial court.

After the short order, when the AAG was asked whether he would go in appeal, he said the matter would be decided by the government. On June 4, 1999 the appellants were awarded death sentence by Judge Qamaruddin Bohra of the ATC who had concluded that "prosecution has established their case beyond any shadow of doubt against all the accused persons".

The murder had brought down the coalition between the PML and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement as then premier Nawaz Sharif had implicated some of the members of the MQM in the case.

Nawaz Sharif on Oct 28, 1998 had accused an MPA and seven other activists of the MQM of being involved in the Oct 17, 1998 murder of Hakim Said, and had given them three days to hand over the culprits. Since the MQM had repudiated the allegations the coalition collapsed and a governor rule was imposed on Sindh. As a result of the arrest and subsequent conviction by the ATC, some officers had got shoulder promotion.

First, the case was tried in the ATC but after the creation of Military Trial Courts in December 1998, it was transferred to the MTC where the matter was proceeded till Feb 17, 1999, the day when the Supreme Court had declared them illegal. By that time three witnesses and the investigating officer had been cross-examined.

The matter was again sent to the ATC where the appellants were convicted. Sardar Mohammad Ishaq, counsel for the MQM, filed appeals for seven accused. Iqtidar Hashmi and Mahmood Alam Rizvi were privately engaged to file appeals on behalf of Mohammed Shakir and Abu Imran Pasha, respectively. Later, Barrister Azizullah Shaikh was engaged for Aamirullah, and lawyers Abdul Waheed Katpar and Adnan Ahmed appeared for others as Sardar Ishaq fell ill.

According to law, the appeals should have been disposed of in seven days but due to preoccupation of prosecution lawyers in the Nawaz Sharif case and delay in the preparation of paper book, regular hearing could not commence till March. The bench also dismissed application for the inspection of the location of incident as enormous evidence was already available on record. The application filed by M/s Hamdard for the release of the Hakim Said's car was disposed of with the direction to file it in the trial court.

You know, I was 8-9 years old when one day I was reading Nou-nay-hal children magazine that Hakeem Saeed used to author. It was month of october, and suddenly I heard on news Hakeem Saeed killed in a target killing while he was coming out of a mosque. On that fateful day I began to hate MQM from core of my heart. Because it was MQM who are known for target killings at that time.

So W.11 stop bull shyting and atone for your sins that you earned by supporting laanti MQM

in 90s MQM was infact the victim of targeted operation two times on false pretexes my tin head friend

Sindh High Court acquits all accused in Said murder case

By Shamim-ur-Rahman

KARACHI, May 31: The Sindh High Court on Thursday acquitted all the nine accused in the Hakim Said murder case, setting aside the conviction and death sentence awarded to them by an anti-terrorism court on June 4, 1999.

While allowing the appeals against conviction and sentence, the anti-terrorism appellate bench, comprising Justice Ghulam Nabi Soomro and Justice Ataur Rahman, held in its short order that the "appellants are acquitted and should be released forthwith, if not required in any other case".

The appellants were: Shaikh Mohammed Aamirullah, Mohammed Shakir alias Shakir Langra, Mohammed Nadeem alias Nadeem Mota, Mohammed Faisal, Mohammed Zubair, Abu Imran Pasha, Nazar alias Muqarrib, Mohammad Zubair and Ezazul Hasan.

The murder had created a political stir in the country but the short order also demolished the political premise of the prosecution's case. After three months of hearing, the bench announced the short order which reflected its disbelief in investigation, the 164 (Cr.PC) statements, and demolished the prosecution's contentions with regard to recovery of arms and other evidence. It also demolished the political premise of the motive for the murder.

The defence counsel in appeals had argued for the acquittal because the prosecution had failed to prove any evidence, whether they pertained to confessional statement, witnesses' account, ballistic expert's report and evidence about the recovery of empties and finger-prints. On confessional statements the defence had argued that signatures were obtained first on blank paper while contents of the confession were written afterwards and therefore, they were fabricated evidence.

The defence had also argued that if one tainted piece of evidence cannot be corroborated then the whole statement should be rejected. They had also disputed the prosecution's contention with regard to the identification parade. The defence contended that the prosecution had also failed to justify the recovery of empties from the spot and the van.

They had termed the investigation a mere fabrication. The short order left open the question who were the killers of Hakim Said and whether there should be reinvestigation? When the order was announced, defence counsel Azizullah Shaikh, Mahmood Alam Rizvi, Adnan Ahmed and Iqtidar Hashmi were present.

The prosecution was represented by Assistant Advocate-General Habib Ahmed. Special Public Prosecutor M. Ilyas Khan has proceeded on vacations after arguing the prosecution's case. During the course of arguments on May 28, the special prosecutor had disagreed with the conviction of Abu Imran Pasha, Faisal and Muqarrib by the trial court.

After the short order, when the AAG was asked whether he would go in appeal, he said the matter would be decided by the government. On June 4, 1999 the appellants were awarded death sentence by Judge Qamaruddin Bohra of the ATC who had concluded that "prosecution has established their case beyond any shadow of doubt against all the accused persons".

The murder had brought down the coalition between the PML and the Muttahida Qaumi Movement as then premier Nawaz Sharif had implicated some of the members of the MQM in the case.

Nawaz Sharif on Oct 28, 1998 had accused an MPA and seven other activists of the MQM of being involved in the Oct 17, 1998 murder of Hakim Said, and had given them three days to hand over the culprits. Since the MQM had repudiated the allegations the coalition collapsed and a governor rule was imposed on Sindh. As a result of the arrest and subsequent conviction by the ATC, some officers had got shoulder promotion.

First, the case was tried in the ATC but after the creation of Military Trial Courts in December 1998, it was transferred to the MTC where the matter was proceeded till Feb 17, 1999, the day when the Supreme Court had declared them illegal. By that time three witnesses and the investigating officer had been cross-examined.

The matter was again sent to the ATC where the appellants were convicted. Sardar Mohammad Ishaq, counsel for the MQM, filed appeals for seven accused. Iqtidar Hashmi and Mahmood Alam Rizvi were privately engaged to file appeals on behalf of Mohammed Shakir and Abu Imran Pasha, respectively. Later, Barrister Azizullah Shaikh was engaged for Aamirullah, and lawyers Abdul Waheed Katpar and Adnan Ahmed appeared for others as Sardar Ishaq fell ill.

According to law, the appeals should have been disposed of in seven days but due to preoccupation of prosecution lawyers in the Nawaz Sharif case and delay in the preparation of paper book, regular hearing could not commence till March. The bench also dismissed application for the inspection of the location of incident as enormous evidence was already available on record. The application filed by M/s Hamdard for the release of the Hakim Said's car was disposed of with the direction to file it in the trial court.

in 90s MQM was infact the victim of targeted operation two times on false pretexes my tin head friend

Just like Wali babar killers are walking free right?

and its another MQM conspiracy maybe?

Yeah operation done under false pretexts like all the target killings and bouri band lashay were being done by angels from heaven before the Operation and Wali babar were killed by punjabis.

MQM aur unkay phuddu supporters.

Yeah operation done under false pretexts like all the target killings and bouri band lashay were being done by angels from heaven before the Operation and Wali babar were killed by punjabis.

MQM aur unkay phuddu supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:
they should call karachi "teefa Powder Province"

Y0 you guys got the poll going on in this thread How many Times the people that Said Yes Voted twice can some One Find out if they Rigged the poll here on this thread
:rofl:

There are enough of us to take care of losers and Ghaddars like yourself. Defence Housing Society nd Clifton are full of us. In addition we are getting organized in other areas of PECHS, KDA, Nazimabad and other areas of Karachi.

So far, we supported you MQM losers but after the Murder of Hakim Saeed and now Zahra Shahid Hussain, we are now gunning for you MQM losers. You can run but you can't hide. Soon enough we will drag your Bhaggora buzdil Mafia don from UK and try him in a Pakistani court for all the Murders he ordered.

It should be done sooner rather than later. Any conspiracy that Pakistan has evidence and is being handled by a foreigner must be dealt with severely.

MQM is no baby here. A lot of people had sympathy with their cause and their cause was the cause of many other ethnic middle class people. But Altaf Hussain is a small man. he could not rise above himself and his ethnic bias. He eventually ran away from the country as a fugitive.

MQM has been given enough chances to be part of the govt. In fact it has been in govt for the last ten years. Sind is under their governor's control since 2002. So they cant claim to be aggrieved party anymore. Its not the fault of the city of Karachi that they had their chance and they blew it with violence and coercion.

Just a few weeks ago, when we used to tell MQM sympathizers here that their party is involved in crime and terrorism, we were abused and shouted down. Now their British leader has himself admitted such elements existed in his party.

Just have to say one thing here if Karachi will be seperate province it should be named as "Chooran" province because the Altaf hussainn sells chooran.

sister you are beginning to annoy me, i wonder how you became journalist, i think for your intelligence you should have been a mere cleaning lady

:omghaha: with a brother like you :P

whats wrong with being even a cleaning lady ?

MQM is finished in Karachi. If next elections are fair and transparent, you will see our PTI will be the biggest Party in Karachi. Educated and upper middle class Karachites support PTI. Only low class losers from Azizabad and Liaqatabad ( aka Lalukhaitias ) support this loser Altaf Hussain.

This is not a good thing to say.

BTW it doesn't matter who rules Karachi MQM or PTI but Karachi must be developed, it generates massive revenue & look at what it gets in return, targeted killings, kidnappings, mobile snatchings, extortions, feudals ruling the streets, etc etc. The thing is most Pakistanis even after 64+ years didn't accept Muhajirs by their hearts, if Punjabi has a different political/other opinion from Muhajir it is called valuable, whereas if a Muhajir has different opinion of something people criticize them & tell them 'you should be thankful, we(the natives) provide you a land to live'. Muhajirs are the patiotic Pakistanis(71 is the proof of that) but these other duffers are pushing them to corner. No matter you like it or not every one who lives in Pakistan(including FATA), opinion matters.

This is not a good thing to say.

BTW it doesn't matter who rules Karachi MQM or PTI but Karachi must be developed, it generates massive revenue & look at what it gets in return, targeted killings, kidnappings, mobile snatchings, extortions, feudals ruling the streets, etc etc. The thing is most Pakistanis even after 64+ years didn't accept Muhajirs by their hearts, if Punjabi has a different political/other opinion from Muhajir it is called valuable, whereas if a Muhajir has different opinion of something people criticize them & tell them 'you should be thankful, we(the natives) provide you a land to live'. Muhajirs are the patiotic Pakistanis(71 is the proof of that) but these other duffers are pushing them to corner. No matter you like it or not every one who lives in Pakistan(including FATA), opinion matters.

My friend, my ancestors migrated from Delhi in 1947. I understand what you are saying, but please don't equate MQM with Mahajirs. MQM is a Murderous Criminal Gang that kills mahajirs in Karachi who disagree with their criminal enterprise. They murdered Hakeem Saeed and my cousin Zahra Shahid Hussain, so let us not wrap them up in the cloak of respectability.

These Criminals and their MAFIA style agenda has to be exposed. I am waiting for the NAWAZ Government to clean up Karachi and wipe out these Criminal Thugs. Karachites like myself will be cheering such an action by the Federal Government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom