What's new

Kalyan Das Temple - Rawalpindi

its a heritage of the hindus and Pakistan,better stay in original context, who gives us the authority to say if its useless or not? do you have emotional or religious feeling attached to it? No, but the Hindus have. and we must respect that.

In Europe, Churches which become useless, are sold, and are bought by Muslims to be converted to Mosques...

I do not see, why these buildings should be an exception to that. There aren't any idol worshippers, so those are just useless buildings.

In Europe, Churches which become useless, are sold, and are bought by Muslims to be converted to Mosques...

I do not see, why these buildings should be an exception to that. There aren't any idol worshippers, so those are just useless buildings.

they are not state owned, put on sale by the owners or appropriate body.

here we are talking about heritage and where sentiments maybe hurt of the particular community.

as of now most of Masjids in lahore are constructed illegally and disputed properties, I can count upto 2 dozen in Lahore. better get them removed first...

Some of the responses are just pathetic. They demolished babri mosque,lets demolish this temple?

Its more like, 'They demolished,400 years of their cultural heritage,lets destroy ours too'

Do we need to go down to that level?

I wonder if we do.

@third eye
You have gone down to a much lower abyss. Tens of temples have been destroyed in Pakistan since one babri masjid was destroyed. Hindus are not just as rabid, so we don't make a big deal out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have gone down to a much lower abyss. Tens of temples have been destroyed in Pakistan since one babri masjid was destroyed. Hindus are not just as rabid, so we don't make a big deal out of it.

Welcome to Pakistani land mafia, they don't even spare graveyards. :rolleyes:

I really do not care about this building, put it to good use, make it into a masjid or something, if not that, then replace it with something more useful. Otherwise it's just occupying precious land.

What do mean by make it a mosque? It's a temple, how would you feel if (lets say Christians) turn Mosque into a church? This is priceless heritage building. In My city, locals donated money to renovate an old Sikh gurdwara, if a small city can do it, a big city like Pindi can do it too.

they are not state owned, put on sale by the owners or appropriate body.

here we are talking about heritage and where sentiments maybe hurt of the particular community.

as of now most of Masjids in lahore are constructed illegally and disputed properties, I can count up to 2 dozen in Lahore. better get them removed first...

In a far away land, where there is an abandoned mosque, a group of people comes and start using it for idol worshipping.. Do I really care about the mosque? No, I don't really care.

There is a difference between a functioning place of worship and an abandoned building ex place of worship...

As for our state, it even wants to sell our assists like railways.

In a far away land, where there is an abandoned mosque, a group of people comes and start using it for idol worshipping.. Do I really care about the mosque? No, I don't really care.

There is a difference between a functioning place of worship and an abandoned building ex place of worship...

if this dumb logic had any weight why did u guys protest when babri masjid was destroyed ? not a single soul had gone there to pray in last 100 years before it was brought down by some scumbags !

We should restore and decorate it. I hope that government will take care of it .
I agree that Pakistan is losing so many opportunities to attract tourists each year, because the government does not invest in advertising and even less adequately preserve the cultural richness of the land.

I'm happy to see it's been put in to good use, a place of knowledge is as important as the place of worship and sure the gods would be more happy.

I'm happy to see it's been put in to good use, a place of knowledge is as important as the place of worship and sure the gods would be more happy.

I dont think the temple per se has been put to use - Good or Bad.

Its the land around it that has been used & it helped save the temple as mentioned in post No 1 & replicated below :

The security guard at the school’s gate said that Muslims vandalised the temple at the time of Partition. In 1992, in the wake of the demolition of the historic Babri Mosque in Ayodhya (Uttar Pradesh), when several Hindu temples where demolished across Pakistan, luckily the school administration prevented this temple from meeting the same fate.

I think you will be quite pissed. religious extremism has no end.

whether its functioning or not, its not our place to decide what to do with it.

Welcome to Pakistani land mafia, they don't even spare graveyards. :rolleyes:

Well...how many masjids were converted? if answer is NO, then, that means, your land mafia will not spare any other institution other than muslim/islam...

You guys just live on the semantics...what a pathetic lives...really..

good we need your voice in supporting babri masjid demolition.

Its the job of the state to decide that though in my opinion it shouldn't be demolished it should be renovated for the Hindus who live there.

Back
Top Bottom