What's new

‘Kalabagh Dam vital for resolving energy crisis’ Imran Khan

Forget about Sindh, its your Nowshera which will take the most of brunt if Dam is built. Do provide the link for the news in which Pervez Khattak demanded for briefing from federal, i missed it.

I hope you are not under impression that the Dam will not damage Nowshera and its agricultural lands. In the initial design, the dam was definatley not only injurious to Nowshera but was also affecting Swabi, Mardan, Charsadda, Pabbi etc with Salinity and water logging in long term......The design was changed because of that. The new design still would submerge portion of Nowshera and tens of thousands of people will be shifted to other places for settlement. If you are a grown up, then you must be aware that you must fight for even your rights in Pakistan, sarkari khatay waghaira. There were many affectees of Tarbela dam, which never got compensated by government. Take into account every thing, before saying sentimental stuff about national interest or showing off on online forum to earn brownie points
Ok . let's speak openly.
1st , i am not against kalabag dam. actually i will love to see this dam as a reality.
2nd, what people here think is that there "traditions and family background" graveyards homes etc will sunk, which many of them will not agree to.
3rd, govt is providing relocation programe to them and land in Haripor. what people here say about this offer is that "we are aware of the conditions of tarbela dam victims". i'e; no assistance from govt , light problem, water problem etc. "not aware of much"
4th, it will be better to go for those dams which are not contraversal instead of wasting 10 years on kalabag and still planning for waste 10 years more on this dam. we have some other "attractive" options inform of basha dam, daaso dam, munda dam. only these 3 dams can produce 20000 Mw for us. so why to waste more time ?? let us first make these "un controversal" dams, after that we will make kalabag too. till that time we will have more educated population. so will be no issue in builting kalabag after 10 years ..
that,s what i think . can be wrong. BUT again i will say " i am not agains kalabag dam"

You should start some movement in your area for approval of Kalabagh dam
i am not done with them. :disagree: As a civil engineer i can volunteer myself for this dam. but going against my peoples is something sklghguonlkjgjsgbgjkvnj...

Judging from your claims, people of Nowshera are very Self-less and sacrificial.
not self-less but uneducated. for a time being.

About traditions and backgrounds....its easy for youngster like you to ignore and bypass it
i can and i will. but first you need to start this project.
Through out history,blood of countless people has been spilled in possession and protection of these lands, from invaders and neighbours. Thats why a Pashtun attaches greater significance to his lands than others.He in fact attaches identity to it. This is true for a traditional Pashtun region, may be things are different there in Nowshera.
same we will do for our land "Pakistan" . and yes. things are different "partially different" in Nowshera.

Do you have any source or confirmed news that affectees of Nowshera will be allotted lands in Haripur?.
conformed news. sources are available on internet.

Why Haripur?.
will. don't know.

Why people of Haripur would allow such large number of people of nowshera, keep in mind the Hazaraywal nationalism.
I study in abbotabad "hazara" . no Hazaraywal nationalism issue. just "gedar bagti" .
Yea number is large "maybe inbetween 2 lack"..
About your fourth option, Punjab wont agree with it.

now what the hell is wrong with punjab for going with dhaaso,, diamir, bonji dams ?? kalabag will store water same these dams will do. kalabag will generate power same these dams will do.
but the point is "our govt love controversial project" ... to don't work and hide his As* for next election.
:pakistan:.

including my home, but i am OK with that.
You see, the maximum Opposition of kalabag dam is in Sindh. Kpk is not a big issue, it can be solved in 2,3 meetings. But, if Federal govt came forward and work "with" provincial govt.
KPK stance has been cleared years back ....during last design revision the height of kalabagh dam was reduced 15-20feet ......this revision reduced the flood danger to nowshera n kamra to Nill ...........
FYI please

They why the hell are they shifting us from here to Haripur.
When Tarbela dam was built, we were relocated and thus suffered alot and still suffering bcz road towards our new location was built in 1991. And due to dam 30min drive elongated to 4 hours of very hilly road.
But all was accepted due to "Greater good" of country. Most of people were compensated thus no problem here too...
If Kalabagh had built today, there will be 0 loadshedding, thus we all will prosper...
Issues can be resolved by dialogues so why not sit together and start talking rather then should at media just for point scoring to get more ethnic votes!! Stupid politicians!!!!

Every drowning leader plays the kalabagh dam card...

Trust me, if PTI is able to take a stance and support the federal government for the construction of Kalabagh... and if it happens... I would vote for PTI again for this single point agenda

Me too!!!!!

Pakistan is exposed to a much more dangerous problem and that is water scarcity. This dam will take care of water scarcity as well. It is like killing 2 birds with one stone.

When Tarbela dam was built, we were relocated and thus suffered alot and still suffering bcz road towards our new location was built in 1991. And due to dam 30min drive elongated to 4 hours of very hilly road.
But all was accepted due to "Greater good" of country. Most of people were compensated thus no problem here too...
If Kalabagh had built today, there will be 0 loadshedding, thus we all will prosper...
Issues can be resolved by dialogues so why not sit together and start talking rather then should sat media just for point scoring to get more ethnic votes!! Stupid politicians!!!!

Why every govt is like "banaen gay to kalabag he nahe to koi nahe""
Why to waste time on talks and siting When we can go for daaso dam, diamir dam, bonji dam ? they are even better then kalabag.
What i am saying is that at this time we have "less education" in Kabul river built. so go for daaso, diamir, and bonji. which will even produce 25000 Mw. After 10 years, it will be easy to built kalabag as at that time we will have more educated population to think for national interest.
Agree ?

Why every govt is like "banaen gay to kalabag he nahe to koi nahe""
Why to waste time on talks and siting When we can go for daaso dam, diamir dam, bonji dam ? they are even better then kalabag.
What i am saying is that at this time we have "less education" in Kabul river built. so go for daaso, diamir, and bonji. which will even produce 25000 Mw. After 10 years, it will be easy to built kalabag as at that time we will have more educated population to think for national interest.
Agree ?
Yep totally agree. But on technical point of view Kalabagh is more easier and will be built much earlier than others. Also, addition to National grid(i.e. 500kV network) is very easy bcz it is very close to it unlike other dams u mentioned bcz they are at northern areas.
My point is to build all of them. Even Kalabagh if everyone agree!

Most educated folks agree with KBD , just the ethnic politicians that want vote make it political

Every one knows having unlimited supply of water , yearly what it can do to public health and greenery of nation and agriculture

Yet ... we invest the money away into building ... tracks and roads to no where

Back
Top Bottom