What's new

K5 MISSILE TEST FIRED

When i saw title, I got impression that "K5 MISSILE TEST FAILED".
:meeting:

May I recommend:

spectacles-008.jpg

Another thing is that Arihant Class submarine is said to have 4 Silos carrying 12 K-15 or four K-4..
That means there will be vertical launching tube inserted in each silo with 3 K-15 missiles each...
Is there any evidence of any such vertical launch assembly?

Here is an example of Ohio class missile with Tomahawks crammed in the Ballistic missile silo..
Probably for trident,at Diameter of 1.7 meter...

4538-1.jpg

You mean something like this.

2237474295_403f5f2183_o.png

You mean something like this.

2237474295_403f5f2183_o.png

hi,

is the source for this image authentic?
A bit confusing as the K-4 will be only 1.4 meters across...Silo of 2.0 meters for a 1.4 meter missile?

hi,

is the source for this image authentic?
A bit confusing as the K-4 will be only 1.4 meters across...Silo of 2.0 meters for a 1.4 meter missile?

I think this must be fan art rather than any official release.

As a matter of fact , most details about SSBN and SLBM are misreported .

I have read reports with dia of Arihant's silo reported to be 2m as well as 2.3 m.Don't know which is right .

Where do you get the dia of K4 as 1.4m??

I have read reports with dia of Arihant's silo reported to be 2m as well as 2.3 m.Don't know which is right .

Various websites of course..But sounds logical as Trident is 1.7 meters across and K-4 cant be larger than trident.

Various websites of course..But sounds logical as Trident is 1.7 meters across and K-4 cant be larger than trident.

Ohio class SSBN has a silo dia of 2.2m .So 1.7 dia for trident doesn't sound logical either.

Ohio class SSBN has a silo dia of 2.2m .So 1.7 dia for trident doesn't sound logical either.

ok thats a new piece of info to me..
The thing is Ohio class Sub's Silo was not made for any particular type of Missile,it was a generalized silo,and canisters were inserted for different missiles..

Is india going for same configuration? Looks like it...

that too with 1/6th the range :lol:

And yeah even if K15s dia is 1.4m and each silo can accomodate 3 K15s, then it is equivalent to 9 Brahmos and even more Nirbhays.

ok thats a new piece of info to me..
The thing is Ohio class Sub's Silo was not made for any particular type of Missile,it was a generalized silo,and canisters were inserted for different missiles..

Is india going for same configuration? Looks like it...

K15 and K4 suggests same.

explain how?
How can a missile attain levelled flight without big fins?

the projectile remains always in a powered flight through out the trajectory. every point through out the trajectory is an launch point wrt to the next point in a particular time interval.

PLus the basic thing here applied to control the motion of projectile is on the bases of inverse pendulum. It is like a robotic arm balancing a stick and not letting it fall with extremely minute adjustment in force

It is fan made. By a member in another forum.

the projectile remains always in a powered flight through out the trajectory. every point through out the trajectory is an launch point wrt to the next point in a particular time interval.

PLus the basic thing here applied to control the motion of projectile is on the bases of inverse pendulum. It is like a robotic arm balancing a stick and not letting it fall with extremely minute adjustment in force

You are suggesting a very long burnout time...
For a single stage solid fuel missile it cant be possible..

You are suggesting a very long burnout time...
For a single stage solid fuel missile it cant be possible..

For your eyes only .....

Shaurya surfaces as India's underwater nuclear missile - 2

A ballistic missile is like a stone being lobbed towards a target. Rockets toss it upwards and towards the target; after the rocket burns out, gravity pulls the missile warhead down towards the target. Buffeted by wind and re-entry forces, accuracy is a problem; and, since the ballistic missile's path is predictable, shooting it down is relatively easy.

The Shaurya has none of these issues. Its solid-fuel, two-stage rocket accelerates the missile to six times the speed of sound before it reaches an altitude of 40 kilometers (125,000 feet), after which it levels out and cruises towards the target, powered by its onboard fuel.

While ballistic missiles cannot correct their course midway, the Shaurya is an intelligent missile. Onboard navigation computers kick in near the target, guiding the missile to the target and eliminating errors that inevitably creep in during its turbulent journey.

The Shaurya, say DRDO sources, will strike within 20-30 metres of its target after travelling 750 kilometres.
Conventional cruise missiles, like the American Tomahawk and the Indo-Russian Brahmos, offer similar accuracy.

But their air-breathing engines carry them along slowly, rendering them vulnerable to enemy aircraft and missiles. The Shaurya's solid-fuel, air-independent engine propels it along at hypersonic speeds, leaving enemy fighters and missiles far behind.

"I would say the Shaurya is a hybrid propulsion missile", says Dr Saraswat. "Like a ballistic missile, it is powered by solid fuel. And, like a cruise missile, it can guide itself right up to the target."

Making the Shaurya even more capable is its ability to manoeuvre, following a twisting path to the target that makes it very difficult to shoot it down. In contrast, a ballistic missile is predictable; its trajectory gives away its target and its path to it.

Business Standard

Back
Top Bottom