What's new

Junk Rating Looms for India

Quarter 2 figures are April-May-June, they have been out for a few months now

BBC News - India's GDP shows continuing slowdown

India's GDP growth rate halved in Q2 of 2013: Moody's

India GDP growth eased to 4.4 percent in Q2 | GantDaily.com

This is more of that euphoric Indian optimism. It's really quite sad as your people have a history of this.

Q3 is also already over; that was July-August-September, so the analysts already have good estimates to give based on the month-to-month data. Q3 should be under 4%.

Nope Q3 will be slightly higher than Q2 owing to higher rural spending and good monsoons.Rest assured it won't under 4%,That is unless of course US won't go default on its debt in the mean time.So tell your crazy congressmen to hike the debt limit.Don't worry about us.

[Bregs];4849087 said:
Don't try to be over smart, Indian financial year starts from 1st April 2013 to March 2014.

Over smart is a new word for me, try and look at the links and stop bullshtting.

This is Q1-Q4 of 2013. I am not concerned with whatever calender you guys go by.

And see below for an estimate on your growth for this entire FY, which is going to be around 4%. I don't expect any surprises.

Nope Q3 will be slightly higher than Q2 owing to higher rural spending and good monsoons.Rest assured it won't under 4%,That is unless of course US won't go default on its debt in the mean time.So tell your crazy congressmen to hike the debt limit.Don't worry about us.

You must be really smart and savvy like all Indians.

Everyone who is not Indian says otherwise, so I guess we'll see you optimistic Indians be proved wrong yet another time.

HSBC Holdings Plc predicts economic expansion will weaken to 4 percent in the year that began April 1 as investment moderates. That would be the slowest pace in more than a decade.

The premier began a policy overhaul in September 2012 to spur growth. The steps have included gradual increases in diesel prices aimed at containing subsidies, most recently by state-owned refiners such as Indian Oil Corp. last month.

That is for the Indian fiscal year.

You must be really smart and savvy like all Indians.

Everyone who is not Indian says otherwise, so I guess we'll see you optimistic Indians be proved wrong yet another time.

That is for the Indian fiscal year.

HSBC makes prediction based sitting in air conditioned offices in cities,That's why their predictions on India are always wrong.Rural economy in India is still booming partly because vast majority of Govt spending are targetted towards rural areas.There is no deterioration of consumption cycle in rural India unlike the urban markets,A good monsoon will spur the consumption and push up the economic growth.Al though I do agree these very policies are the reason why our economy is in such a mess.

I do business with India and I can tell you first hand that India is going through a recession right now. Their economy is in major trouble and don't trust the numbers coming out of India for a millisecond.

There are too many cancer or other non-descriptive illness villages in India that people have simply lost the track off all。

Cancer village is not news worthy in India。:laughcry:

I do business with India and I can tell you first hand that India is going through a recession right now. Their economy is in major trouble and don't trust the numbers coming out of India for a millisecond.

i hope for your sake you are taking gold or Euro as payment because Indian rupee will further weaken in the future.

i hope for your sake you are taking gold or Euro as payment because Indian rupee will further weaken in the future.

And I too hope you have got gold for all those purchases made by the US. Those US treasury bonds cannot be encashed.

US economy is much bigger than Indian economy. So even a 1% growth is bigger than the 4.4% growth in India.

Also, its the rupee that is hitting the record low against the dollar. Not the other way around. US may be printing too much greenbacks, but India is in a much worse financial state despite what US is doing. Lets put it this way, when India is falling to record lows against USD, USD was actually weakening against major currencies. So this shows that India is in a financial dire strait. india is in affect in junk status.

Chinese economy was just 380 billion dollars while the US was more than 15 times larger than Chinese economy at 5.9 trillion dollars just a few years back in 1991. Chinese economy was virtually non-existent from 1949-1976 and the country received far more aid per capita than India during 1949-1991, first from the Soviet Union whom China backstabbed and then from Japan from 1970-1991 and even tiny city states like Taiwan, Hong Kong in 1980s.

The Indian economy is 11-12% of the US economy while the Chinese economy was less than 6% of the US economy in 1991. Therefore India is in a far more comfortable position than China in 1994.

and yes, i will not talk about malnourishment in China unlike India where malnourished people are far well off than.in China as people have to eat dog and cat meat in China to survive.

Dog meat markets still thriving in China | Farm Press Blog

The Maoists have built an economy by error without any brain work due to relaxed imports by world countries and cloning. How long do you think will it last?? and what is the size of Chinese economy compared to India's?? India supports as large a population as China's on a land three times smaller.

and from where did the Maoists learn economics??? and for how long will the illegitimate rulers of China the Maoists will go unpunished???

Back
Top Bottom