What's new

Jinnah's grandson Nusli Wadia shocked by BJP's take

:disagree::disagree::disagree:

Father disowned his daughter,what a joke:rofl::rofl::rofl:

A father can kick his son out,but disowned his daughter,no way.....

We Indian really wanted your country should have run by Mr. M.A. Jinnah not by your army.See what happen to pakintan and india pakistan relation.....

You indians will never understand the sensitivity of the subject if Muslim girl decides to marry a non-muslim man, it is forbidden in Islam and the worst part of all is that woman chose the Parsi man over her own father. There's been many books written about Quaid-e-Azam's life, including the one written by his own sister who was by his side when all these major life events happened, and it suggests he disowned his daughter when she married a Parsi man. Many Muslims would do the same if their daughter married non-muslim.

Incidentally, Jinnah and Rati too were estranged for a number of years before her death ..... and the reason according to all sources was Jinnah's overbearing sister and the influence she exerted in his life.

His sister, Fatima Jinnah, was the only one who took care of Quaid-e-Azam when he was suffering from Tuberculosis. Where was his own flesh and blood daughter?

Fatima Jinnah did a lot for Pakistan. During partition she helped many Muslims who migrated from Indian side settle into Pakistan and she was always on her brother's side.

a680ad69539927f60ba008bb28754b0d.jpg

You indians will never understand the sensitivity of the subject if Muslim girl decides to marry a non-muslim man, it is forbidden in Islam and the worst part of all is that woman chose the Parsi man over her own father. There's been many books written about Quaid-e-Azam's life, including the one written by his own sister who was by his side when all these major life events happened, and it suggests he disowned his daughter when she married a Parsi man. Many Muslims would do the same if their daughter married non-muslim.

If she is adult then she can marry anyone she like to,religon is written by humans not by god.........
Every human has right to live his life the way he want.
There is nothing like religon,there is only one god what we call with different name and different relationship.:angel:

If she is adult then she can marry anyone she like to,religon is written by humans not by god.........
There is nothing like religon,there is only one god what we call with different name and different relationship.:angel:

We muslims beg to differ on that mate :rolleyes:

Jinnah our Great Leader gave us Muslims a gift we could only dream of, he gave us an independant land where we could practice our religion freely and live our lives according to the teachings of Islam. I dont know why Dina Wadia or her family is being brought into the argument, they have nothing to do with our Great Leader. They chose to stay back and that was their choice, just like my grandfather who was a very successfull businessmen in Bombay chose to migrate to Pakistan. We Pakistanis should be thankfull that we have a nation of our own, just ask the Palestinians who constantly live under the terror of Israeli guns. We might not be the most perfect nation but in face of a hostile neighbour who is 5 times bigger than us we still have managed to keep our nation safe. I can never even think about living in India; my mother and my sister visited India last year and after visiting India i could see their patriotism for Pakistan just went through the roof. They couldnt be more thankful of Jinnah when they returned home to Pakistan, according to them Pakistan is a hundred times better. I mean yes as a nation we have our problems but we Pakistanis have to stay united and fix them togather.

As I said before you indians would never understand Muslims and our beliefs.

Dina's relationship with her father became strained when Dina expressed her desire to marry a Parsi-born Indian Neville Wadia. Jinnah, a Muslim, tried to dissuade her, but failed. Mahommedali Currim Chagla, who was Jinnah's assistant at the time, recalls: "Jinnah, in his usual imperious manner, told her that there were millions of Muslim boys in India, and she could have anyone she chose. Reminding her father that his wife (Dina's mother Rattanbai), had also been a non-Muslim, the young lady replied: 'Father, there were millions of Muslim girls in India. Why did you not marry one of them?' And he replied that, 'she became a Muslim'".

It is known that when Dina married Neville, Jinnah said to her that she was not his daughter any more. Jinnah disowned her and the father-daughter relationship became extremely formal after she married. They did correspond, but he addressed her formally as 'Mrs. Wadia'. Dina and Neville lived in Mumbai and had two children, a boy and a girl. Dina's son Nusli Wadia became a Christian, but converted back to Zoroastrianism and settled in the industrially wealthy Parsi community of Mumbai. Dina did not travel to Pakistan until her father's funeral in Karachi in September 1948.
Dina Wadia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She gave problems to her father, the founder of our nation, during his illness. If she did not care about her father's request during that time (when he was suffering from tuberculosis and at the same time building a nation) then why would we Pakistanis care about her. Her son should not even call himself Quaid-e-Azam's grandson.

My Parsi friend once told me about this part Sir.He said Dina marrying Neville Wadia was just to avenge her mother' death never thought that the animosity was this deep

I am sure your Parsi friend would have told you a lot more which cannot be posted here for fear of offending our Pakistani friends.

Rati was totally under Jinnah's spell and madly in adolescent love when she went against her family and converted to Islam on Jinnah's insistence.

She was 16 when she got married ..... Jinna was 42. She died in her twenties. She was fondly called the "Rose of Mumbai."

Her father was Jinnah's long time friend and bridge partner, whose house Jinnah used to visit to play bridge in the evenings.

Rati's father and family, as well as the entire Parsi community of Mumbai never forgave Jinnah.

Cheers, Doc

Last edited:
As I said before you indians would never understand Muslims and our beliefs.

Dina's relationship with her father became strained when Dina expressed her desire to marry a Parsi-born Indian Neville Wadia. Jinnah, a Muslim, tried to dissuade her, but failed. Mahommedali Currim Chagla, who was Jinnah's assistant at the time, recalls: "Jinnah, in his usual imperious manner, told her that there were millions of Muslim boys in India, and she could have anyone she chose. Reminding her father that his wife (Dina's mother Rattanbai), had also been a non-Muslim, the young lady replied: 'Father, there were millions of Muslim girls in India. Why did you not marry one of them?' And he replied that, 'she became a Muslim'".

It is known that when Dina married Neville, Jinnah said to her that she was not his daughter any more. Jinnah disowned her and the father-daughter relationship became extremely formal after she married. They did correspond, but he addressed her formally as 'Mrs. Wadia'. Dina and Neville lived in Mumbai and had two children, a boy and a girl. Dina's son Nusli Wadia became a Christian, but converted back to Zoroastrianism and settled in the industrially wealthy Parsi community of Mumbai. Dina did not travel to Pakistan until her father's funeral in Karachi in September 1948.
Dina Wadia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

She gave problems to her father, the founder of our nation, during his illness. If she did not care about her father's request during that time (when he was suffering from tuberculosis and at the same time building a nation) then why would we Pakistanis care about her. Her son should not even call himself Quaid-e-Azam's grandson.

Sad pakistan can not see beyond religion,relationship is bigger than any reliigion......

And you are nobody to suggest a grandson not call Mr. M.A. Jinnah his grandfather......grandson and grandfather relation is the best relation in the world.

:cry::cry::cry:

I am sure your Parsi friend would have told you a lot more which cannot be posted here for fear of offending our Pakistani friends.

Rati was totally under Jinnah's spell and madly in adolescent love when she went against her family and converted to Islam on Jinnah's insistence.

She was 16 when she got married ..... Jinna was 42. She died in her twenties. She was fondly called the "Rose of Mumbai."

Her father was Jinnah's long time friend and bridge partner, whose house Jinnah used to visit to play bridge in the evenings.

Rati's father and family, as well as the entire Parsi community of Mumbai never forgave Jinnah.

Cheers, Doc

Yes sir during her last days she became extremely sick and she had to move into the Taj hotel,mumbai despite having her own house at malabar hill.He also told me that Dina never forgot her mother's fate and that is when she started drifting away from her father.He told she initially even developed aversion towards marriage

Dina wadia took the right decision staying back in India.It was good for her family and the country

What is the intent of this post?

This has nothing to do with the topic.

The topic is the reaction and comments of Nusli wadia and not the decision of Dina to stay in India and whether it was wrong or right.

Since her decision cannot be seen in isolation of the disagreement between herself and her father, this post in effect creates a comparison of Dina versus Jinnah, which is like baiting any Pakistani to come up with a firm answer.

Coming to Rati Jinnah.
Quaid e Azam's personal life was beset with problems and you guys should read about how he and rati were in love and cared about eachother tremendously.
When due to his commitments they did not have enough time together and saw distances growing between them, they took a trip to europe together to be close once more but still it did not work out.
The letters that Rati Jinnah wrote to him before her death are full of love and affection and acknowledgement of what Jinnah always did for her and no one else.
Jinnah's closest associates narrate how he broke down and cried at her passing and that was the only time anyone had seen him broken and in tears and sobs.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Rati Jinnah did not divulge their personal details for consumption of all the vultures around so we can only guess as to the problems in light of their letters, however knowing Quaid e Azam, it is really nonsense to assume that his sister had exerted herself on him, he was not a man whom anyone in the world could exert upon and that is an open fact known to all.
He loved Rati from his heart and the tragedy that was written in their destiny came to pass, to their sorrow and regret.

What relationship did Nusli Wadia have with Jinnah?
Nothing much to talk about and certainly cannot be compared to a typical granddad grandson relationship.
Still i would not say that he cannot call him his grandfather because blood ties are after all blood ties and despite his daughters disobedience, Jinnah still kept in touch.
If he proudly calls himself Jinnah's grandson then clearly all you people trying to portray Jinnah in a negative line should stand corrected and realize that it is his Quaid e Azam's greatness and noble character due to which Nusli Wadia wants to be associated with Jinnah despite what happened between Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Dina Wadia.

Our love and affection for Jinnah will always be like that we reserve for our own fathers.
Due to this we do see Dina as a disobedient daughter, still we feel sorry for Quaid e Azam and his family and wish that it had not happened.

The fact that he was a most honest and truthful man will always be remembered by us, regardless of whatever tragedies occurred in his personal life.

Now back to the topic.

Last edited:
Sad pakistan can not see beyond religion,relationship is bigger than any reliigion......

And you are nobody to suggest a grandson not call Mr. M.A. Jinnah his grandfather......grandson and grandfather relation is the best relation in the world.

:cry::cry::cry:

I agree, peoples faith in leader may be questioned but blood relationship cannot be questioned.

What is the intent of this post?

This has nothing to do with the topic.

The topic is the reaction and comments of Nusli wadia and not the decision of Dina to stay in India and whether it was wrong or right.

Since her decision cannot be seen in isolation of the disagreement between herself and her father, this post in effect creates a comparison of Dina versus Jinnah, which is like baiting any Pakistani to come up with a firm answer.

Coming to Rati Jinnah.
Quaid e Azam's personal life was beset with problems and you guys should read about how he and rati were in love and cared about eachother tremendously.
When due to his commitments they did not have enough time together and saw distances growing between them, they took a trip to europe together to be close once more but still it did not work out.
The letters that Rati Jinnah wrote to him before her death are full of love and affection and acknowledgement of what Jinnah always did for her and no one else.
Jinnah's closest associates narrate how he broke down and cried at her passing and that was the only time anyone had seen him broken and in tears and sobs.
Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Rati Jinnah did not divulge their personal details for consumption of all the vultures around so we can only guess as to the problems in light of their letters, however knowing Quaid e Azam, it is really nonsense to assume that his sister had exerted herself on him, he was not a man whom anyone in the world could exert upon and that is an open fact known to all.
He loved Rati from his heart and the tragedy that was written in their destiny came to pass, to their sorrow and regret.

What relationship did Nusli Wadia have with Jinnah?
Nothing much to talk about and certainly cannot be compared to a typical granddad grandson relationship.
Still i would not say that he cannot call him his grandfather because blood ties are after all blood ties and despite his daughters disobedience, Jinnah still kept in touch.
If he proudly calls himself Jinnah's grandson then clearly all you people trying to portray Jinnah in a negative line should stand corrected and realize that it is his Quaid e Azam's greatness and noble character due to which Nusli Wadia wants to be associated with Jinnah despite what happened between Muhammad Ali Jinnah and Dina Wadia.

Our love and affection for Jinnah will always be like that we reserve for our own fathers.
Due to this we do see Dina as a disobedient daughter, still we feel sorry for Quaid e Azam and his family and wish that it had not happened.

The fact that he was a most honest and truthful man will always be remembered by us, regardless of whatever tragedies occurred in his personal life.

Now back to the topic.

Thank you for the Pakistani lesson in history.

Our take is significantly different ..... and I speak as an Indian and a Parsi here.

So lets just leave it at that.

Cheers, Doc

Thank you for the Pakistani lesson in history.

Our take is significantly different ..... and I speak as an Indian and a Parsi here.

So lets just leave it at that.

Cheers, Doc

No problem...it was of course courtesy to reciprocate your Indian lesson in history...
And i speak as a Pakistani and a Muslim here...

I did not enter into this whole family affair since i respect Muhammad Ali Jinnah and his family even if they had a falling out.
However the thread was derailed by dissecting his family issues and his private matters.

On the other hand his own grandson admires him as a great man despite being the son of his estranged daughter who chose to live in India...i think this proves in itself that Jinnah was a great individual and his family still respect him despite whatever happened between them.

Last edited:
We muslims beg to differ on that mate :rolleyes:

Yeah everyone is entitled to their opinion and i too think we are going too much into that thing.. i see people starting to kill their fellow human beings in the name of a concept which otherwise i would have respected. So the moment a guy say Allah or ram is great and the next moment they are ready to fight n kill or dominate other people for it..!! Then and there goes down into the drain the significance of these mythical characters..!!!

However back to the topic..!! Whther estranged or not blood is blood..!! and Jinnah's vision never would have been the present situationindian and pakistan... for sure..!!!!

Should make some Pakistanis understand how complicated and cosmopolitan India is.. religion and stuff like that are for the poor in India.. the grandson of your father of the nation is a big industrialist in India...so what ever pakistan says or do.. the Umbilical cord is still attached to India.
Read:

New Delhi: Nusli Wadia, who is the grandson of Jinnah and a businessman man close to the BJP, has broken his silence on the Jinnah controversy.

In an interview to CNBC TV18 that could cause more embarrassment for the BJP, Wadia lashed out at its decision to expel Jaswant Singh and ban the book, saying he was appalled.

"One suggestion the BJP is making is that you financed the book, that you made Jaswant Singh do it to glorify your grandfather. Is that accurate?" anchor of the show, Vir Singhvi asked.

"Using intemperate language on television is not allowed, otherwise I would really say something of the sort. That is nonsense, absolute nonsense. I mean, is a man going to spend five years writing a book for Nusli Wadia? What has Nusli Wadia got to do with Jaswant Singh? We are friends. Rightly, my grandfather is my grandfather, that is not going to change. The fact that I am proud of my grandfather is not going to change. I do not need Jaswant Singh to write a certificate for my grandfather," lashed out Wadia.

When asked about the debate on Jinnah that the BJP has been conducting, Nusli Wadia said he defends the individual right of a person to pen his thoughts.

"When you see this debate happening, when many of the people involved are close friends of yours, how does it feel, looking at it? Is it really your grandfather that they are discussing?" Singhvi had asked.

"In the case of Jaswant Singh, I do not think anyone has the right to say that he does not have the right to write a book," Wadia said.

"Mr Advani is one of your closest friends. You have known him for thirty, forty years. How does it feel when you see him in this situation?" Singhvi asked Wadia.

"Sad, very sad," Wadia replied.

Nusli Wadia is known to have been close to many leaders in the BJP. He expressed anguish over the reactions exhibited by party members in the wake of the book Jaswant Singh published on Jinnah and history.

Wadia was asked, "Given that you knew them so well, are you surprised by the way the BJP behaved?"

He replied, "I am surprised, yes. I am very surprised, saddened and appalled."

Nusli Wadia News : Jinnah's grandson Nusli Wadia shocked by BJP's take

Quaid-e-Azam was Quaid he was a great man. Another thing we are only concerned with our founder thats it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom