What's new

Jinnah Class Revealed

IMHO the GWS VLS is masking the actual potential of the ship. If the PN can get the SYLVER I imagine they'll be able to load a 32-cell VLS, i.e. up to 128 missiles with quad-packing. Heck, Turkey's SAMs may be a real factor by that point. Also notice that the VLS seems to be at an elevated point, room for taller cells perhaps (long-range SAMs?)

Anyways, a design like that suggests the PN may want to acquire these in numbers. It seems like a cost-optimized approach - 8-12 ships IMHO.

Is it possible to have 128 missiles in this class? with 32VLS ready to launch? if so whats the loading time ?

Bro, I’m telling you, regardless of what is ready down the line, GWS is a system designed with a missile in mind, it is not a good solution if you’re wanting to develop your own missiles. This is why nations go with other systems.

It’s not really unrealistic to expect that, it just looks like Babur with a new superstructure.
Totally understand the point you are making. If you see Russian Ships have elevated mounted VLS so PN might be considering its benefits. As far as commonality is concerned in the looks and close in weapons both Babar and Jinnah Class might have similar weapons but VLS would definately be different.

This is because of the roles they have to carry. There was a video on you tube on a new VLS system being developed and tested shortly by Turkey and a similar project is also under development in Pakistan but nothing much has been made public.

Interesting to note that ships designs being revealed by turkish person or company. As it was supposed to be something exclusive for PN and no one had right to show its design except PN.

But if it's really Jinnah class than its more of a practical way a decent design not too ambitious but still packing good upgrade capabilities.

One thing I wish PN should go far is more VSL even in the middle sections two that will give it more capabilities and versatility to fire multiple types of missile from these VSL

Do we really need a main gun on every ship? Why not put more VLS instead of the main gun? I think a good CIWS is sufficient to take role of a gun. I always thought jinnah class would have 64 vls.
no we don't need it , but its nice to have it, it the most diverse weapon on a ship , can bombard costal facilities ,can be used as a CIWS, can be used in naval battle , can be used against closing small suicide boat , even can be used against torpedoes . the shells are pretty cheap compared to those missiles in vls and their number is a lot higher

Aisa hona chahye tha Jinnah Class ko

20210818_215656.jpg

It looks like they took Damen Class and enlarged it.Looks nothing like its sister ship PN Milgem.

Am having a hard time trying to comprehend this model
Good catch, the different look could be the result of the J-Class being an original design. This is something ASFAT is helping us develop in-house so it may not be from the MILGEM line but a different family altogether (i.e., a Pakistani-owned IP). It's also the start of our frigate design work -- we'll evolve and improve.

If that is really Jinnah class, then yes disappointing.

1. The stealth design is compromised.
2. The helipad is directly in the line of fire of CIWS. This means if the CIWS is active, the heli cannot make a safe landing at all. On the other hand, it gives the enemy two HVTs close together. If he manages to damage either the CIWS or the heli, he has scored.

Of course, the 16 cells are also a let down.

Good catch, the different look could be the result of the J-Class being an original design. This is something ASFAT is helping us develop in-house so it may not be from the MILGEM line but a different family altogether (i.e., a Pakistani-owned IP). It's also the start of our frigate design work -- we'll evolve and improve.
Yes yes yes might be a possibility.But I thought the point of Jinnah class was too improve Babur Class add a Pakistani twist,However This Supposed Jinnah class seems like a Milgem sensor and weapon suite added to an enlarged Damen Class just to get the same lethality of Babur Class,Like why not just continue building Babur Class and avoid all this hassle, It's not like we don't have TOT for it.
If that is really Jinnah class, then yes disappointing.

1. The stealth design is compromised.
2. The helipad is directly in the line of fire of CIWS. This means if the CIWS is active, the heli cannot make a safe landing at all. On the other hand, it gives the enemy two HVTs close together. If he manages to damage either the CIWS or the heli, he has scored.

Of course, the 16 cells are also a let down.
Yes you stole the words out from my mouth.What an odd odd Design.

Back
Top Bottom