What's new

Jinnah class guided missile frigate has entered detailed design phase, after completion of conceptual design phase

+ Azerbaijan + Qatar (the real dark horse)....

Thanks to Biden, the KSA & UAE may jump into the wagon too...

The inferno in Ukraine has shown the conventional preparedness matters...
Regarding the Saudi and UAE, in a perfect world i would say yes, but they are money whores who are, under current leadership, far too Fairweather and unreliable for both Pakistan and Turkey. Would avoid them like the plague when it comes to getting them involved in any strategic or even tactical weapons programs (as nice as it would be to have their funding). They will come crawling for military support too if US Drops them and warms relations with Iran. But they will sell you out to India the second they get the chance.

Regarding the Saudi and UAE, in a perfect world i would say yes, but they are money whores who are, under current leadership, far too Fairweather and unreliable for both Pakistan and Turkey. Would avoid them like the plague when it comes to getting them involved in any strategic or even tactical weapons programs (as nice as it would be to have their funding). They will come crawling for military support too if US Drops them and warms relations with Iran. But they will sell you out to India the second they get the chance.
and with possible regime change or modification of regime stance towards America, KSA and UAE are going to see music from USA, as IRAN is a far better partner for USA that adds lots of value than KSA nd UAE

and with possible regime change or modification of regime stance towards America, KSA and UAE are going to see music from USA, as IRAN is a far better partner for USA that adds lots of value than KSA nd UAE
That is debatable as Iran is firmly with Russia and China.

RDN got their Iver Huidfeldt class ships for $290m each.

This video goes into the design process behind the ships sort of, these are lessons the PN should have learned and looked at for development...

For reference, the Iver Huidfeldt has:
56 VLS including SM3 and ESSM
SMART L
Thales APAR
16 Harpoons
and the same range as the babur and j class.

If the design is something similar to the first picture, it looks very modern.
yes that is the confirmed design
1665745260183.png
1665745272270.png

Like the design. Of note, this model shows something similar to the GWS.35 as the VLS which I think is the standard single shot CAMM-ER launcher. Sadly, it only seems to be 16 cells which leads me to question how much larger these will be vs Babur. In fact, if you zoom into the plaque, it seems to say length of ~115-119 (hard to make it out clearly) which is only 7 - 11 meters longer than Baburs. I dont think i see any real weapons differences between this and Babur, other than the anti-sub rocket propelled depth charges (something like RDC-32 or Type 87). So have we all gotten it wrong by thinking that Jinnah will be larger and more powerful than Baburs, because this doesnt show that to be the case. It does look stealthier, BUT frankly its a bit of a disappointment size wise. I would think a 24 - 32 cell system should have been the goalw with capacity for 16 standard (atmaca or Harpoons class) AShM or 12 Harbah. MDAS however should be able to overcome this issue. If they can get 16 cell MDAS that should be able to quad pack CAMM-ER for 64 missiles. That said it looks to be a slightly shorter Istanbul Class vessel. I doubt the bridge fascade will be a sharp. I suspect, as before, that it will be derivative of the Istanbul class.
firkateyn.jpg

(TCG Istanbul)

Last edited:
J-class VLS is not finalized yet. PN is looking for better options.
Like the design. Of note, this model shows something similar to the GWS.35 as the VLS which I think is the standard single shot CAMM-ER launcher. Sadly, it only seems to be 16 cells which leads me to question how much larger these will be vs Babur. In fact, if you zoom into the plaque, it seems to say length of ~115-119 (hard to make it out clearly) which is only 7 - 11 meters longer than Baburs. I dont think i see any real weapons differences between this and Babur, other than the anti-sub rocket propelled depth charges (something like RDC-32 or Type 87). So have we all gotten it wrong by thinking that Jinnah will be larger and more powerful than Baburs, because this doesnt show that to be the case. It does look stealthier, BUT frankly its a bit of a disappointment size wise. I would think a 24 - 32 cell system should have been the goalw with capacity for 16 standard (atmaca or Harpoons class) AShM or 12 Harbah. MDAS however should be able to overcome this issue. If they can get 16 cell MDAS that should be able to quad pack CAMM-ER for 64 missiles. That said it looks to be a slightly shorter Istanbul Class vessel. I doubt the bridge fascade will be a sharp. I suspect, as before, that it will be derivative of the Istanbul class.
firkateyn.jpg

(TCG Istanbul)

Back
Top Bottom