What's new

JF17s For New Afghan Air Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless Taliban calls for an free and fair elections (conducted by UN or any recognised body) and wins them, no is going to recognise Afghanistan. Except the Pakistanis, I don't think even Qatar or UAE would.

Selling any metal pin to Afghanistan with military applications would invite sanctions against Pakistan. Biden's face is already burnt, and with them looking for scapegoat, it would be in Pakistan's interest not to get in US crosshair for sometime. With the way Biden is going, I might not be surprised even if Trump comes back in 2024.

They could always join Pakistan as a new province 😛

If Pakistan and Afg. joined territories, Pakistan would become a huge regional power. No doubt about it, even from a trade standpoint.
The IEA government need to protect the skies of Afghanistan so an airforce is need of the hour.
Although they cannot afford to buy such expensive items as fighter jets at the moment.
So the best solution I guess will be if Pakistan and China donate some F-7s to them.
In return for emergency basing agreement.

Very sensible post and makes sense.

The world was condescending to them as well like many of you are on this thread. In the end the world had to humble itself and swallow the bitter pill. Let's if they prove all of you wrong or not.

Unless Taliban calls for an free and fair elections (conducted by UN or any recognised body) and wins them, no is going to recognise Afghanistan. Except the Pakistanis, I don't think even Qatar or UAE would.

Selling any metal pin to Afghanistan with military applications would invite sanctions against Pakistan. Biden's face is already burnt, and with them looking for scapegoat, it would be in Pakistan's interest not to get in US crosshair for sometime. With the way Biden is going, I might not be surprised even if Trump comes back in 2024.
Are you still reeling from the fact, the Americans left Afghanistan

Youve edited out the context.

" Nigerian order was on credit line from Gov of Pakistan. If spare production facilities and finances were available we could better use these funds for own use hardware. "

Organizations like PAC, HIT, KS&EW are not commercial focused, their primary job is serve Pakistan requirements. If paying in cash, makes sense to rearrange our domestic orders to make space in production if however we are giving a credit line/financing by ourselves then its a strain. This is why they are not very innovative in terms of R&D (mostly reliant on partners for TOT) however they are very efficient and save Pakistan a ton of foreign exchange by assembling/maintaining systems in country. Simply they make $$ by reducing the $$ we would have needed if that system was imported or maintained by OEM.

For JF-17s its often mentioned if we ever get a large enough order will need to create another assembly line in buyer country. We need JF-17B3s to be inducted fast, doesnt make sense for Pakistan to allow export from local line until we have a sizeable fleet inducted which is still some years away.
Your attempts at a clarification are still riddled with the defeatist uncle mentality.

Are you still reeling from the fact, the Americans left Afghanistan

This is getting beyond stupidity. Why the hell I should reel from the fact? Do I have business in Afghanistan? Or you want to post twitters post in here to say how 0.1% of Indians behave as if they have a stake there? Indians do not like the Taliban. But if we have to do business with them, then we will. My country's internal interest is my first priority from my patriotic sense of view. We can only control that much that goes outside our borders.

Any blowback from the unstable situation in Afghanistan will affect Pakistan the most. Taliban found refuge in FATA, and their ideology creates TTP in the first place, thanks to Pakistan sanctuary.

As for this, if Pakistan wants to sell JF17 go ahead. I would love to see them sell it to Taliban.

Taliban could strike a deal with Pakistan to patrol their skies for them.

This is getting beyond stupidity. Why the hell I should reel from the fact? Do I have business in Afghanistan? Or you want to post twitters post in here to say how 0.1% of Indians behave as if they have a stake there? Indians do not like the Taliban. But if we have to do business with them, then we will. My country's internal interest is my first priority from my patriotic sense of view. We can only control that much that goes outside our borders.

Any blowback from the unstable situation in Afghanistan will affect Pakistan the most. Taliban found refuge in FATA, and their ideology creates TTP in the first place, thanks to Pakistan sanctuary.

As for this, if Pakistan wants to sell JF17 go ahead. I would love to see them sell it to Taliban.
You may not have any business in Afghanistan but your country did establish a huge infrastructure for terrorist activities in Pakistan. And that's the reason cowards like yourself are squealing.
By the way this argument about TTP and IEA being some how related is getting boring try something more original, this doesn't fool anyone here or anywhere else.

Everybody knows that IEA is an Afghan phenomenon, while TTP is nothing but anti-Pakistan terror network used by RAW and others to punish Pakistan and malign the name of IEA.

Whatever blowback there was from the conflict in Afghanistan, Pakistan has already suffered in the Form of Indian sponsored terror networks (TTP, BLA and the rest). Now is the time for Pakistan to reap the peace dividend, while India squeals to uncle Sam about lost opportunities.

Your attempts at a clarification are still riddled with the defeatist uncle mentality.
Whats defeatist about this? Its simple logic and risk/benefit analysis, with Pakistan FIRST!

Selling is the easiest part of a business, you can reduce prices half of your competitor, give for almost free or give credit and its guaranteed. Making profit is the difficult part.

Why bend over backwards to entertain Afghanistan or any other country? If they have hard cash they can buy whatever they want and we can find a way to accommodate, if they buy on aid/credit and we have own orders to meet, its not a good idea for us to sideline our own needs for them.

Pakistan military production facilities are not commercial organizations, they're primary function is save Pakistan foreign exchange by doing things inhouse, go watch any interview or promo on them and that is their purpose. Our project feasibilities are based on domestic requirements and not international potential. We export only when we have surplus capacity which is a bonus but under current circumstances is sparse for some major systems. JF-17B3s and Al-Khalids can't be exported in large numbers as people are suggesting without new assembly lines or till our own orders completing as we have dire need of them ours self. This availability or delivery timeline is probably why despite the number of interested countries orders are on hold. Expect JF-17B3 orders will materialize when we have our first 50 units nearing induction, remember Nigerian order materialized at end of JF-17B2 production run.

For Pak-Afghan future relations there are far more immediate and profitable civilian opportunities that would now be opening up.

Last edited:
Whats defeatist about this? Its simple logic and risk/benefit analysis, with Pakistan FIRST!

Selling is the easiest part of a business, you can reduce prices half of your competitor, give for almost free or give credit and its guaranteed. Making profit is the difficult part.

Why bend over backwards to entertain Afghanistan or any other country? If they have hard cash they can buy whatever they want and we can find a way to accommodate, if they buy on aid/credit and we have own orders to meet, its not a good idea for us to sideline our own needs for them.

Pakistan military production facilities are not commercial organizations, they're primary function is save Pakistan foreign exchange by doing things inhouse, go watch any interview or promo on them and that is their purpose. Our project feasibilities are based on domestic requirements and not international potential. We export only when we have surplus capacity which is a bonus but under current circumstances is sparse for some major systems. JF-17B3s and Al-Khalids can't be exported in large numbers as people are suggesting without new assembly lines or till our own orders completing as we have dire need of them ours self. This availability or delivery timeline is probably why despite the number of interested countries orders are on hold. Expect JF-17B3 orders will materialize when we have our first 50 units nearing induction, remember Nigerian order materialized at end of JF-17B2 production run.

For Pak-Afghan future relations there are far more immediate and profitable civilian opportunities that would now be opening up.
Did you do your business education same place where Modi studied?

Real mature of you 😔

Ive got pak sar zameen jhanda green blood flowing through my veins and this is from experience learnt and taught in Pakistan. just told you a mistake India got carried away on and cost them $3.5bn, I doubt they would have learned from it though. ;)

Afghanistan is surrounded by SCO countries. Why is it in a hurry to buy fighters?
It should invest first in education and then in infrastructure.
If the Taliban must want to buy fighters, I think K8, JL9 and L15 are better choices.
They are at least 5 to 7 years from financial stability. There is so much that needs to be done but the airforce will be fairly low on their priority list.
Their strategy has been and will remain defensive. They need to build up some resources and national reserves before they can think of building their air force.
A
Can you please put a zip on your mouth and respect posters. This comment was uncalled for .
A

Real mature of you 😔

Ive got pak sar zameen jhanda green blood flowing through my veins and this is from experience learnt and taught in Pakistan. just told you a mistake India got carried away on and cost them $3.5bn, I doubt they would have learned from it though. ;)
You're business advice is essentially don't sell and don't innovate suck nations tax money in form of HIT and POF. What a tremendous advice. You are a genius protege of some sort it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom