What's new

JF17 is an aircraft of present,Tejas is an aircraft of future - IAF chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tejas is already operational. 8 are in service and very well tested in recent exercises. All 20 will be operational by the end of the year.

Tejas and JF-17 timelines are pretty much similar and the Tejas's foundation technologies are far more advanced, 4 channel FBW, advanced airframe, superior engine etc.

Plus, unlike the JF-17, the Tejas was primarily made for air defence, and the design is still relevant.

The major difference is the JF-17's current configuration is from the 90s while the Tejas's upcoming configuration for the definitive version is from the late 2010s. So the JF-17's product maturity lead at this stage is irrelevant. The Tejas will be more comparable to the Block 3. And both jets may see simultaneous inductions. By then, the first 20 jets will have reached all the maturity necessary.

We are working on both 5th and 6th gen designs. We are even working on 7th gen designs, stuff that can fly into space. The foundation technologies for the 7th gen design is being worked on today through ISRO.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...-second-prototype-test-of-rlv-td-1629732.html

Brother your post is far from reality and read my post again. Do you know what is mature platform means?. Timeline of JF17 and Tejas is also not the same, can you provide me source of your claim. Also i want to know how you are claiming that Tejas configuration is based on 2010 technologies, please provide me reliable source as well.

As of today, Tejas Mk1 is more capable than a Mirage-2000H, less capable than a Mirage-2000I. Primarily because M-2000I has sensor fusion and better EW.

The new Mk1A will surpass the M-2000I by a healthy margin.
Your statement say earlier that Tejas is 2010 technologies and in this statement you are stating that it fall short late 2000 technologies. Next time please stated your claim with proper references

36 years? No wonder Pakistanis don't create anything worthwhile.

How is 2013-2001 = 36 years? Check when the first flight took place and when the IOC was achieved. And the look at the foundation technologies used and how many countries have such technologies in their hands.

We are already producing 4th gen stuff, we are already choosing manufacturers for 5th and 6th gen stuff and conducting foundation research for 7th gen stuff. It's all happening as we speak.

dc-Cover-98dmg09pco2e33p80a70n319d4-20160524033728.Medi.jpeg
Kid don't try to twist the facts here and we are seriously following everything on almost every where.
48152967.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...layed-till-next-year/articleshow/48152959.cms

Now read it again and project start date is 1983 and first prototype fly Jan 2001, so tell my how you make this prototype is just one month according to you?

BEFORE you throw stones at Tejas and tell us it needs this THAT and more development let me confirm some simple HARD FACTS

The PAF today has 400 fighters from which only 18 fighters come with a Helmet mouted display ( the block 52) AND only the much touted future of the PAF the Thunder will not have such a facility until the next development in block 3

The Tejas which is now 8 strong rising to 20 planes by beginning of 2019 has technology that simply does not exist in PAF in any fighter

be it HMD/HOBS missle combo
unstable FBW system
advanced composite airframe
and much more efficient western engines and radar cockpit technology

its a BRLLIANT fighter now

th

tejas-gagan-shakti.jpg

05-Iron-Fist-2016.jpg

tejas-gagan-shakti.jpg

ALL OF these pictures are from the HUGE GAGAN SHAKTI excercises just finished

AND TEJAS looked amazing next the MKI mirages & MIG29 of IAF

BEFORE you throw stones at Tejas and tell us it needs this THAT and more development let me confirm some simple HARD FACTS

The PAF today has 400 fighters from which only 18 fighters come with a Helmet mouted display ( the block 52) AND only the much touted future of the PAF the Thunder will not have such a facility until the next development in block 3
Once again Bharti Bubble Busted.
These are F-16 A/B.....hence all PAF Falcon fleet is compatible with JHMCS.....and the Thunder also has a surprise in store for your kind as well.

PAF-JHMCS-01-692x360.png

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) F-16B Block-15 Mid-Life Update pilots with Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing Systems. Image credit: PAF Directorate of Media Relations.

30705613_2091508887753124_4454895184896333391_n.jpg

12316550_1694664224104261_1947838179460328174_n (1).jpg
13445432_1113686158702789_6653296251766904253_n.jpg

Soory my AC Dhanoa tejas was 35 years old project how it can go from past to future may be you invented the hollywood time machine

Future? Matlab or kitnay sal lagaogy tum log?

Brother your post is far from reality and read my post again. Do you know what is mature platform means?. Timeline of JF17 and Tejas is also not the same, can you provide me source of your claim. Also i want to know how you are claiming that Tejas configuration is based on 2010 technologies, please provide me reliable source as well.

It's simple. The JF-17 Block 1 was just a shell of an aircraft. The fully configured 4th gen aircraft was the Block 2, which began inductions in 2015. The LCA Mk1 followed in 2016.

Your statement say earlier that Tejas is 2010 technologies and in this statement you are stating that it fall short late 2000 technologies. Next time please stated your claim with proper references

The Tejas Mk1A will come with an advanced Western/Indian AESA radar and it will be unified with the EW suite. This is technology that became available with the F-22, Rafale and F-35.

Kid don't try to twist the facts here and we are seriously following everything on almost every where.
48152967.cms

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...layed-till-next-year/articleshow/48152959.cms

Now read it again and project start date is 1983 and first prototype fly Jan 2001, so tell my how you make this prototype is just one month according to you?

Project date may be 1983, but first major disbursal of funds was in 1993 and first flight was in 2001. Half the time during this period was spent doing nothing.

AMCA is entering the same stage today that the LCA entered in 1993.

So if you bring in start of construction of TD to IOC, LCA took 20 years. F-22, F-35, Typhoon, Rafale etc also took similar times.

LCA first flew in 2001 and achieved IOC in 2013, that's 12 years. JF-17 first flew in 2003 and the definitive Block 2 model that is still inferior to LCA Mk1 became available around the same time, 2013.

Typhoon took 9 years, 1994 to 2003, but it was not multirole.

Rafale took 15 years, 1986 to 2001, but it was not multirole either.

F-22 took 15 years as well, 1990 to 2005. Not multirole either.

F-35 took 18 years, 2000 to 2018.

So the amount of time LCA has taken is not very different from other aircraft.

Last edited:

The Tejas which is now 8 strong rising to 20 planes by beginning of 2019 has technology that simply does not exist in PAF in any fighter

be it HMD/HOBS missle combo
unstable FBW system
advanced composite airframe
and much more efficient western engines and radar cockpit technology

its a BRLLIANT fighter now

th

tejas-gagan-shakti.jpg

05-Iron-Fist-2016.jpg

tejas-gagan-shakti.jpg

ALL OF these pictures are from the HUGE GAGAN SHAKTI excercises just finished

AND TEJAS looked amazing next the MKI mirages & MIG29 of IAF
thanks for the west/ISRAEL for those tech @Storm Force
We have JHMCS but without HOBS missile
and what are you talking about its not FBW are unstable, @Storm Force :lol::rofl::enjoy: air frame is/are unstable do research before you post here @Storm Force
composite air frame is on our BLK-52 and thunder blk-2
so you don't have the russian/soviet engine in the form of RD-33, R-25 on Mig-21, R-29 on Mig-27, AL-31F on Su-30 and AL-31FP on MKI, if you think that those engine is junk then why IAF using those engine @Storm Force :lol::p::enjoy:

Suddenly Russian engine/ equipment became inferior and substandard because Pakistan is using it now.
And American equipment is so superior coz India is switching to USA now.
Y do u people forget that almost all of your defence is based upon Russian tech...
So your defence is still heavily relying on "Inferior Russian tech"
Isn't???

JF17 is low cost budget fighter for low cost budget air forces

That says it all.

Even in decade From today you Pakistanis will still be swearing by the forty year old FFalcons
So does your MKI which based on su27which is mid70s design, MIG29 has same time frame, MIRAGE2000 is a 80s design. Think before you bark here you damn fool @Storm Force :p::enjoy:, USA and Russia still using those old 4th gen fighter jets with upgraded avionics and radar design remain same since their first induction you damn fool @Storm Force :lol::enjoy:

thanks for the west/ISRAEL for those tech @Storm Force
We have JHMCS but without HOBS missile
and what are you talking about its not FBW are unstable, @Storm Force :lol::rofl::enjoy: air frame is/are unstable do research before you post here @Storm Force
composite air frame is on our BLK-52 and thunder blk-2
so you don't have the russian/soviet engine in the form of RD-33, R-25 on Mig-21, R-29 on Mig-27, AL-31F on Su-30 and AL-31FP on MKI, if you think that those engine is junk then why IAF using those engine @Storm Force :lol::p::enjoy:

Not to mention despite all the composites the TEJAS is still heavier and inferior in many aspects.

That says it all.

Even in decade From today you Pakistanis will still be swearing by the forty year old FFalcons

MiG21 still in service by IAF is very high tech fighter? right??

All this comparisons are immaterial.

If sanctions were to be imposed on India and Pakistan today what would be the outcome.

JF-17 would keep flying while Tejas would be fully grounded. This is the key difference that matters.

JF-17 is sanctions proof while Tejas is not.

That says it all.

Means JF-17 has more export potentials then your mighty tej@$$ on African, central Asian,, Latin american and central american markets who don't able to purchase expensive western/US and Russian jets you damn fool @Storm Force :lol::help::suicide::suicide2: :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Project date may be 1983, but first major disbursal of funds was in 1993 and first flight was in 2001. Half the time during this period was spent doing nothing.

AMCA is entering the same stage today that the LCA entered in 1993.

So if you bring in start of construction of TD to IOC, LCA took 20 years. F-22, F-35, Typhoon, Rafale etc also took similar times.

LCA first flew in 2001 and achieved IOC in 2013, that's 12 years. JF-17 first flew in 2003 and the definitive Block 2 model that is still inferior to LCA Mk1 became available around the same time, 2013.

Typhoon took 9 years, 1994 to 2003, but it was not multirole.

Rafale took 15 years, 1986 to 2001, but it was not multirole either.

F-22 took 15 years as well, 1990 to 2005. Not multirole either.

F-35 took 18 years, 2000 to 2018.

So the amount of time LCA has taken is not very different from other aircraft.

Actually, quite a bit of the R&D was taking place abroad and it all stopped when the sanctions hit, and all of the said R&D was held back, which is why we had to start all over again.

The same will not happen with AMCA as now we have the requisite facilities in which we can R&D fighter planes, the same facilities for which we had to go to america and the like.
Screenshot_2018-01-06-06-49-46.jpg

Actually, quite a bit of the R&D was taking place abroad and it all stopped when the sanctions hit, and all of the said R&D was held back, which is why we had to start all over again.

The same will not happen with AMCA as now we have the requisite facilities in which we can R&D fighter planes, the same facilities for which we had to go to america and the like.
View attachment 471122
Honestly tell the guy in the picture to take his rusty sack of balls and be off to goodness heavens in the politest sense. Again and again i see Indian give too much shit on money. LCA is a national security project and a scientist or manager should never be allowed to bring the money shtick into question. Oh look at me i saved 20 rupess vs ravi who only saved 1.5 rs. I am better blah blah blah. Tell them they will recieve their paycheck when X,Y,Z task has been completed. Otherwise... buzz off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom