What's new

JF-17's various initial design phases & design resemblances

I do not think so. Sustained for how long? Maybe you should look at the fluid pressured EF2000 suit.

Source: JF-17's various initial design phases | Page 4

Depends on which part of the body and how the G is sustained?( Vertical or Horizontal)
For a normal human being sustainable g force is 5g. For a trained pilot it is around 9g with the suits.
A well trained pilot can sustain upto 12g for very few seconds. It is said that sustained 16g can be deadly.

The record for peak experimental horizontal g-force tolerance is held by acceleration pioneer John Stapp, in a series of rocket sled deceleration experiments culminating in a late 1954 test in which he was clocked in a little over a second from a land speed of Mach 0.9. He survived a peak "eyeballs-out" force of 46.2 times the force of gravity, and more than 25 g for 1.1 seconds, proving that the human body is capable of this. Stapp lived another 45 years to age 89, but suffered lifelong damage to his vision from this last test

Standing on the Earth at sea level–standard----------1g
Roller coaster------------------------------------------------3g
WW1 aircraft-----------------------------------------------4-7g
F1 car under heavy braking------------------------------5g
current fighter jets-----------------------------------------9-12g

Highest g force ever survived is Kenny brack 214g

Last edited:
5XVInwk.jpg

This was Pervaiz Mehdi qureshi ACM . But Paf actually approved it in 1997. The under fuselage hard points were also proposed , but not present in PT-01

I know this is a great source of national pride for you boys and that's going to magnified as I'm on a Pak defence forum but this is just how I see it.

I know this is a great source of national pride for you boys and that's going to magnified as I'm on a Pak defence forum but this is just how I see it.

Forget about our national pride. Surely when you see it as an F-7 derivative there must be a reason as in similarity between JF-17 and F-7. So tell me where do you see elements of F-7 in JF-17?

Forget about our national pride. Surely when you see it as an F-7 derivative there must be a reason as in similarity between JF-17 and F-7. So tell me where do you see elements of F-7 in JF-17?

It's a derivative of the Super 7 which is derived from the F-7. There are thousands of threads on this matter in this forum so I'm not going to retread old ground.

Be careful there, it may about to become source of your national pride. Don't just start hating it before we know which country is getting JFs.

Honestly, I haven't seen any telemetry data or anything like that but I know it's a F7 derivative and it's a first attempt at making a fighter aircraft by Pakistan so I don't think it will be competitive against any of the aircraft we would theoretically oppose. Also, it's telling that China jointly developed it and they haven't touched it. That probably is the most telling.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Please enlighten us more..

Back
Top Bottom