What's new

JF-17 with AESA radar and helmet mounted system and the PL-15 misile will replace F16 as top jet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But india always over estimates its capabilities.

Hi,

Well---they have a right to do that---you cannot blame them for that---.

When ILLUSION is portrayed as a reality in front of the masses on the silver screens throughout the nation for years and there is only one version of the truth shown to them---even a pessimist may think that he has become a fire breathing dragon---.

The COBRA has been eaten up by the Little Mongoose---.

@Windjammer ---I think the next sqdrn of the JF17 should be names as the MONGOOSE---or the sqdrn of the pilot that shot down the SU30 ( famous for its cobra move )---the sqdrn should be cre-named to the famed cobra killer " The Little Mongoose "?---.

Last edited:
modern warfare is all about avionics, whichever aircraft has better avionics shall be the winner

i am sorry i slightly disagree with you, you cannot take the human factor behind the equation, it's not only the machine, it's the human and his/her training, hard efforts and team work which achieve the synergy

i am sorry i slightly disagree with you, you cannot take the human factor behind the equation, it's not only the machine, it's the human and his/her training, hard efforts and team work which achieve the synergy
dear brother obviously pilot does meter but air war is a combination of several factor and training of pilot is just one of them, abhinandan was not a bad pilot, he was having an exceptional track record but he was pitched against the wrong aircraft, if just training of pilot is the key to rule the sky ... then why all countries are trying to have modern jet? and if our F-7s pitched against inidans front line fighters they would met the same fate...

My only comment is that we are really underestimating the training of IAF. From a purely practical point of view I would caution against that. It can be fatal to underestimate your enemy/adversary.
What we know is that we have better pilot to platform ratio. They have a more varied fleet which MIGHT create headaches for them from stores management and other aspects. Other than that please for safety's sake let us assume the IAF has professionals as well. We have drawn a very flawed picture based on one incident and this should be avoided. No one should stop being proud of our boys for what they did but this is an incident in isolation.
A

Hi,

When ILLUSION is portrayed as a reality in front of the masses on the silver screens throughout the nation for years and there is only one version of the truth shown to them---even a pessimist may think that he has become a fire breathing dragon---.

@Windjammer ---I think the next sqdrn of the JF17 should be names as the MONGOOSE---or the sqdrn of the pilot that shot down the SU30 ( famous for its cobra move )---the sqdrn should be cre-named to the famed cobra killer " The Little Mongoose "?---.

Brilliant points.

but if we look at the expected package of upcoming block-3 , dont u think its more advanced than F-16 block 52 ?? If yes than dnt u think that JF-17 block-3 should become our front line jet

F16 is equipped with Pulse Doppler radar whereas JF 17 BLK3 will have AESA radar. F16 has no HMD whereas BLK3 is rumored to have HMD. We cannt equip our F16 with anything like RAAD, TAKBIR/H1/H2 Glibe bombs, no cluster bombs on F16 as well. The most important thing is our recent engagement with india has taught us that we cant use F16 for offensive ops against india but merely as defensive weapon. JFTHUNDER is a blessing for us we can equip this platform with any weapon of our choice. BLK3 will lack in ferry range so that is only weakness but justified as it is a lightweight platform.

JFThunder was designed to be backbone of PAF for decades to come so yes it is our front line fighter for MULTIROLE missions. F7 is our dedicated interceptor for now so no replacing that baby yet. Mirage are our dedicated ground attack aircraft.

F16 is equipped with Pulse Doppler radar whereas JF 17 BLK3 will have AESA radar. F16 has no HMD whereas BLK3 is rumored to have HMD. We cannt equip our F16 with anything like RAAD, TAKBIR/H1/H2 Glibe bombs, no cluster bombs on F16 as well. The most important thing is our recent engagement with india has taught us that we cant use F16 for offensive ops against india but merely as defensive weapon. JFTHUNDER is a blessing for us we can equip this platform with any weapon of our choice. BLK3 will lack in ferry range so that is only weakness but justified as it is a lightweight platform.

JFThunder was designed to be backbone of PAF for decades to come so yes it is our front line fighter for MULTIROLE missions. F7 is our dedicated interceptor for now so no replacing that baby yet. Mirage are our dedicated ground attack aircraft.
range is not important in India Pakistan context, because air war will be held within 500km radius most likely in Punjab or Kashmir region and both air forces have bases in the same region

Last edited:
range is not important in India Pakistan context, because air war will be held within 500km radius most likely in Punjab or Kashmir region and both air forces have bases in the same region

True range doesn't matter in our context bcz our air force is purely built for defensive and limited offensive capabilities.

Time on station matters lot n is the difference between life n death.
Look at the Arab Israel wars n the biggest lesson learnt is that the lsraelis know the short legged nature of the mig 21 n hence waited till it was time for them to land n than attacked n in the process decemiated the Arab air forces.
Similarly if intelligent tactics r employed the su 30 can wait for as long as it wants n than attack causing nothing but devastation.
So PAF n the rest of the cheering brigade needs to chill n take a step back n pounder over its short comings n devise ways to over come them.
As this time ALLAH has blessed us greatly but things won't be the same every time.
War is around the corner n we don't have the luxury of time any more

Hi,

Su30 were having no option other then receiving that AMRAAM over its chest.. And that too on Cobra mode..... Shaheed Su30Mki... RIP Su30mki... :rofl:

Last edited:
True range doesn't matter in our context bcz our air force is purely built for defensive and limited offensive capabilities.

Hi,

REALLY---and the enemy will allow you to fight from your position of strength---.

Have you kids ever read a single book about war and warfare in your life---?

Range always matters---The Mongols made the enemy chase them and ran them to the ground---then turned and smashed them to kingdom come---.

The Israelis took a similar approach---waited for the opponent to run out of gas and then attacked them---.

Time on station matters lot n is the difference between life n death.
Look at the Arab Israel wars n the biggest lesson learnt is that the lsraelis know the short legged nature of the mig 21 n hence waited till it was time for them to land n than attacked n in the process decemiated the Arab air forces.
Similarly if intelligent tactics r employed the su 30 can wait for as long as it wants n than attack causing nothing but devastation.
So PAF n the rest of the cheering brigade needs to chill n take a step back n pounder over its short comings n devise ways to over come them.
As this time ALLAH has blessed us greatly but things won't be the same every time.
War is around the corner n we don't have the luxury of time any more

Sir during Arab Israel war the bad tactics were the reason of Arab losses in Air, Land and Sea. Thanks to Almighty tactics wise PAF is far better however I shall agree with you up to some extent that long range multi role jets are required by PAF even after induction of JF17 block-III. We should not go in hibernation on basis of single skirmish.
We need at least J10C as it is rumored that tests of conformal fuel tanks have also started. We should also try to improve speed and service ceiling of newer version of JF17. However it is mentioned many times that due to in flight refueling the range of JF17 has already improved significantly.

If we consider up coming threats of from Indian air force i.e Upgraded Tejas with AESA, expected single engine fighter jet, Super Sukhoi with improved availability, and Rafael along with effective near future SAM support PAF must induct some better fighter jet with multi role capabilities to counter these threats off course along with LR SAM i.e modern variant of HQ9.

Hi,

REALLY---and the enemy will allow you to fight from your position of strength---.

Have you kids ever read a single book about war and warfare in your life---?

Range always matters---The Mongols made the enemy chase them and ran them to the ground---then turned and smashed them to kingdom come---.

The Israelis took a similar approach---waited for the opponent to run out of gas and then attacked them---.
indian major basis are just 200 Km away from Pakistan, U should remember it before cracking any joke here

indian major basis are just 200 Km away from Pakistan, U should remember it before cracking any joke here

Hi,

What about the bases being 200 Km away---?

What do you want to say---write clearly please---?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom