Name: JF-17 Thunder
Year: 2018?
Block: 2
Number: 56
Operator: Pakistan Air Force

No Photo Available
JF-17 2P-52.jpg

From facebook post.

I'm.now done. I do have photos for 19-603 and 19-604 but as I don't know where 19-26X is going to stop, I've decided not to add any further until then.

None of the photos are mine. Credit to all the people who took these photos and made them available.

I would like to give special thanks to brothers @GriffinsRule and @HRK For fact checking and providing missing and better quality photos.

I would like to thank brother @The Eagle for his support with the postings.

Any suggestions to further improve this thread and alternative higher quality photos are most welcome.

Thanks

Well, if I understand correctly, the 2019 batch stops at 262 because after the first 50 Block II were ordered, the follow-on order consisted of twelve aircraft. Because 2P62 was already under construction this year that will constitute the last one and likely be 19?-262.

JF-17B 2P-71B seen in the back here during COAS' visit to PAC Kamra on 12 December.
If the production switched to B-models at #63, this would then be the 9th dual?
Or maybe the eleventh as I assume 601 and 602 were assembled in China?
In that case, we could be looking at 19-611 here already...?

JF-17B 2P-71B PAC Kamra 12dec19.jpg

Hello brothers,

Does anyone know the status of the two aircrafts numbered 0213 and 229

Have they been inducted into the PAF with post-production serials or are they still testbeds?

Also, any info on their initial flight would be much appreciated.

JF-17 Thunder 0213.jpeg

JF-17 Thunder 229.jpg

^ I can ask but it be careful.

PAF is finicky about serial markings. It kind of gives away the mission capability rates which is not public information in Pakistan.

I know why you need it. Let me try. Questions will be asked though with suspicion.

All I really need to know is whether these two are to be considered part of PAF Block-2 (which i suspect is the case) or are they going to remain as prototypes like PT-01 to PT-06.

Example: PT-04
EMseTMIXkAAoURJ.jpg

^ I can ask but it be careful.

PAF is finicky about serial markings. It kind of gives away the mission capability rates which is not public information in Pakistan.

I know why you need it. Let me try. Questions will be asked though with suspicion.

What do you mean by mission capability rates? I thought serial number is just identification of an aircraft kinda like their own CNIC number and has no other purpose let alone being associated with a role. Can you elaborate? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom