What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

3940d97a6df74950a91ccbfb493d5c99.jpg

I remember seeing a video where scaled models of Thunders were flown through remote control and had thrust vectoring. An actual real Thunder with TVC would have to be a marvel of technology because normally the TVC moving parts lead to higher probability of failure and thus we see twin engine TVC. I have reservations even about the TVC displayed on J-10 how reliable it is. Not to mention the loss of thrust during maneuvers which would limit the flight profile and thus usefulness of TVC in a single engine configuration.

Having said that, we know that RD-33MA was planned with TVC. And @messiach has already hinted that in order to see the future direction of Thunder, look at J-10B in the air show. So there is a possibility these problems have been solved. If so, huge compliments to Russian engineers.

On the current air frame not being able to sustain 9G's, is a false statement.

Hi,

You are correct---. The JF17 should be able to sustain 10-11 G's in clean config----but that would reduce the service life---.

An empty F16/15 aircraft does sustain 9'Gs---. A loaded F15 does somewhere around 6 + g's---and similarly a loaded F16 may do the same or little more---

Guys, you need to hear this question raised by the Saudi journalist from Al Arabiya English...

Q. "Will we (Saudi Arabia) be seeing the JF-17 in the Saudi Air Force, maybe?"

Check timecode - 15:35

Guys, you need to hear this question raised by the Saudi journalist from Al Arabiya English...

i think there is some interest from KSA

i think there is some interest from KSA

IKs response suggests that there is no interest so far. Look at the way he answered.

IMO pure BS and as it seems the original report was posted at SINO. At some other forums some guys even hyperventilate and take this image as proof for a secretly installed WS-19 with TVC.

Again and even if I cannot explain these contrails I find it unbelievable that the WS-19 is ready, that this engine - or a RD-93 + TVC - would be installed on already two operational JF-17s without any previous rumour being posted.

Hi,

You are correct---. The JF17 should be able to sustain 10-11 G's in clean config----but that would reduce the service life---.

An empty F16/15 aircraft does sustain 9'Gs---. A loaded F15 does somewhere around 6 + g's---and similarly a loaded F16 may do the same or little more---

Hi,

With modern weaponry and modern EW suites---9 G is not necessary for a modern fighter aircraft---.

Posters who are writing about it---they need to do some research about the current modern aircraft's flight capabilities---.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom