What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1646833455804.png

A thought for the export customers of JF-17 - Myanmar & Nigeria. I hope they'll be OK and that they would be able to operate the birds freely without any engine issues.

Myanmar doesn't care about CAASTA since it is run by military junta and sanctioned to hell anyway. Nigeria would care. But the bigger concern is whether Russia could reliably supply engines after the Ukranian fiasco is over. It will be a major drain on their coffer regardless of outcome.

Myanmar doesn't care about CAASTA since it is run by military junta and sanctioned to hell anyway. Nigeria would care. But the bigger concern is whether Russia could reliably supply engines after the Ukranian fiasco is over. It will be a major drain on their coffer regardless of outcome.
That is exactly what I had meant. I think Pakistan ought to start working on WS-13E integration right away, if it is expected to be a lengthy process (not so, IMO). This would give confidence to our customers that they will not be left high & dry when the time of engine overhaul or engine update comes. Availability of options is a guarantee of success in any engineered product.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom