What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

No Such thing has happened. Lol.
Thats a Russian model anyways.

But block 3 is not the end of the Thunder project, there’s so much work going on for it’s components that it’s hard to believe block 3 is the end, and no, afaik CAS has not confirmed block 3 being the end of the JF line.

^scroll up and you’ll find my post on the block 4

That is Russian plane. Please don't post wrong information without due confirmation.
Who said it’s Pakistani concept ,Russian written all over it,I said stealth version look like that. Ppl need to use their brains n eyes effectively

Who said it’s Pakistani concept ,Russian written all over it,I said stealth version look like that. Ppl need to use their brains n eyes effectively

Share the source about MoU and details instead of judging people's eyes & brains. Lets just say that everyone of us should start using our own eyes & brains instead of keeping an eye on others. What stealth version you are talking about? You didn't say that so & so stealth version looks like that. Your post is still there. Do you want me to evaluate your words & remind you what you said few moments ago?

Share the source about MoU and details instead of judging people's eyes & brains. Lets just say that everyone of us should start using our own eyes & brains instead of keeping an eye on others. What stealth version you are talking about? You didn't say that so & so stealth version looks like that. Your post is still there. Do you want me to evaluate your words & remind you what you said few moments ago?
https://www.deccanherald.com/content/82375/china-pak-mou-develop-stealth.html

From 2010, mentioning period of 2015 to 2025 with 100 JF Thunder in current form and rest in Stealth? This is DH claiming and none ever made an official announcement then-after nor any reference to such development. We shall stay away from only source citing such claim that too dating back to 2010. How do you know that stealth version looks like that? Not questioning your knowledge but asking for more information.

From 2010, mentioning period of 2015 to 2025 with 100 JF Thunder in current form and rest in Stealth? This is DH claiming and none ever made an official announcement then-after nor any reference to such development. We shall stay away from only source citing such claim that too dating back to 2010. How do you know that stealth version looks like that? Not questioning your knowledge but asking for more information.
The only information I have that is from my family members,the pic I post is about only conceptual point of view .

No Such thing has happened. Lol.
Thats a Russian model anyways.

But block 3 is not the end of the Thunder project, there’s so much work going on for it’s components that it’s hard to believe block 3 is the end, and no, afaik CAS has not confirmed block 3 being the end of the JF line.
To add to your post. if we have 190 fighters to replace still, then it seems we will have at least 100 more thunders, if not more. As PAF builds them in blocks the likely scenario is that we will have at least one or two more blocks.
However with a design that has now matured the structural changes will be minimal.
A

Personally, jf-17 stealth version seems something that would require a completely new design and a single engined stealth craft with an engine such as rd-93 would be underpowered with the electronics a fifth gen has to carry... most fifth gens are air superiority fighters and a single engined jet would not provide sufficient survivability.
In my opinion a logical upgradation program for the JF-17 would be in lines of the F-16 ( but jeff has a smaller frame ) and in the most optimistic of cases along the lines of the F-16XL. All F-16 variants can be upgraded to the F-16XL derivative.
How are you going to make old thunder models stealthier ( excluding more composites ) is beyond me. So something along the lines of the F-16XL is logical in my eyes.
Edit:- bringing in more Turkish collaboration would be a welcome sight.
Maybe Jeff 4 could serve as a test bed for Turkish 5th gen tech possibilities are endless if you have the cash....

Personally, jf-17 stealth version seems something that would require a completely new design and a single engined stealth craft with an engine such as rd-93 would be underpowered with the electronics a fifth gen has to carry... most fifth gens are air superiority fighters and a single engined jet would not provide sufficient survivability.
In my opinion a logical upgradation program for the JF-17 would be in lines of the F-16 ( but jeff has a smaller frame ) and in the most optimistic of cases along the lines of the F-16XL. All F-16 variants can be upgraded to the F-16XL derivative.
How are you going to make old thunder models stealthier ( excluding more composites ) is beyond me. So something along the lines of the F-16XL is logical in my eyes.
Edit:- bringing in more Turkish collaboration would be a welcome sight.
Maybe Jeff 4 could serve as a test bed for Turkish 5th gen tech possibilities are endless if you have the cash....
We already have a 5th generation design that is in the works. Building another design seems illogical. JFT cannot be converted into STEALTH DESIGN irrespective of how much one bleats on any forum. It will require a redesign which will be too expensive.

We already have a 5th generation design that is in the works. Building another design seems illogical. JFT cannot be converted into STEALTH DESIGN irrespective of how much one bleats on any forum. It will require a redesign which will be too expensive.
Agreed.

Members are advised to avoid derailing of Thread. There's no JF-17 Stealth unless, official confirmation. If so, the discussion will be initiated.

Regards,
Hi, what do you think about the F-16XL like modification upgrade ? Have you guys read about the F-16XL ? Do you think it is a good idea to go down that line of development ? I think it would do wonders for the JFT. Your input is awaited with optimism....

Hi, what do you think about the F-16XL like modification upgrade ? Have you guys read about the F-16XL ? Do you think it is a good idea to go down that line of development ? I think it would do wonders for the JFT. Your input is awaited with optimism....
Bhai.
Baat caroron ki aur dukan pakoron ki. We dont have the know how, manpower money for R&D or the will to create and XL version of the JFT. The XL design was the culmination of 22 different iterations of the wings and modifications. We have the world moving towards a fifth generation fighter and you want us to throw money into a fancy design of another 4th generation fighter which will probably end up being a samosa like our neighbours next door. Let us savour what we have. The enemy of good is better.
A

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom