What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

You can't deploy Active SAM during peacetime. Why? Because SAM can't differentiate b/w commercial and military jets as there are no IFF in Commercial airlines. Hence the reason, Pakistan closed its airspace after 27 Feb shootout and then deployed HQ-80 in Lahore as per recent images. So SAMS are out of question

Good Number of planes? In Indo-Pak Scenario, There is no Good Number. Especially in Pakistan present and future scenario. Number is the constraint that PAF will continue to face.

SOW and BVR is the name of game now a days. You can't deter India or Pakistan from repeating this scenario unless India or Pakistan make each other realize the The cost of retaliation is going to be double.

Pakistan made India realize that Pakistan can do what India can do and in much better way. Hence India deterred and never retaliated back on the following days of 27 FEB. Despite extensive CAP's flown by India all along Pakistan Border

Only way to deter is for Pakistan to induct Next-Gen Long Range SOW i.e I-REK (100 KM already deployed), Raptor-III sort of 300 KM SOW. Miniaturized Ra'ad for Conventional strikes. Induct Long RANGE BVR.

So Next time when IAF tries to repeat the scenario, Pakistan will not spare the the Battalion HQ and the lives of two Sikh LT.GEN which they spared on 27 FEB. That is the only way.
Such an action would deem it necessary for India to reply back in a similar manner and further escalate ? While they are bad at implementation, they even then come out thinking themselves to be lions only to look at the mirror being a “stray” dog

P.S - Asif Ghafoor Saheb has highlighted taking care of strays twice. They are homeless. :lol:

These threads requires mannered & civil discussion that too on topic. I will advise members to maintain decorum and avoid ruining healthy & informative discussion.

Regards,

Dual Racks
23131924_1133138503488160_3812409353806724030_n.jpg

approximately one million dollars for rd93.
RD-93 cost $ 4.5 million (as per official documents) ....

The european engine would last 2 1/2 time longer than the russian engine---but what benefit would that be for the aircraft and for the defense of pakistan---not much---when the russian engine can do the same job at 1/5 the price---
EJ-2000 with 6,000 engine flying hours (click) have more service life than JF-17 airframe ....

I don't know we even should consider it as advantage ... ??? so agree with your stance here ....

RD-93 cost $ 4.5 million (as per official documents) ....

EJ-2000 with 6,000 engine flying hours (click) have more service life than JF-17 airframe ....

I don't know we even should consider it as advantage ... ??? so agree with your stance here ....
What is the airframe life of thunder then? :o:o_O

It's just a display model at CATIC, unfortunately.

Pac official brochure also displayed it so it’s an option available unless it was a mistake on its part

With block 3 4 on 4 engagement capability it’s is min. Requirement for older block radar has 2 on 2 so carry 2xsd-10 but can also adopt only short coming will be simultaneously guiding 2 at a time towards two different targets

last reported figure was 4000 flying hours for blk-I

F-16 started with 4000 and went to 8000 and now 12000 hours options is available so it will get extended you learn and adopt and come up with slep

Pac just pushed mashaq from 8000/10000 to 12000 and looking at 18000 if it make sense vs building a new ie cost

Money is never made by selling a plane -- money is made by the services rendered after the product is sold. Example, HP makes a printer sells for $ 100 -- hardly any profit yet sells Ink Cartridges -- for $ 50 Black & $ 60 Color over 5+ years keeping the printer imagine the profit you've made.

For our Aero Industry this services rendered and over hauling is where investment's also need to be made thus creating a steady cash flow.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom