What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 7]

1692050761247.png

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) said in another thread, while there is not direct reports that a block 4 is under development, considering the need to replace the Mirages and F-7PGs in an economical way, a Block 4 around 2027-2030 is not unlikely.

If a Block 4 is build, what is the possibility the design will be updated in this part of the jet (pictured in your post), with the landing gears moved further outward, especially if a more powerful 120 kn class (WS-19) engine becomes available similar to the Gripen NG?

1692052560168.jpeg

As @Bilal Khan (Quwa) said in another thread, while there is not direct reports that a block 4 is under development, considering the need to replace the Mirages and F-7PGs in an economical way, a Block 4 around 2027-2030 is not unlikely.

If a Block 4 is build, what is the possibility the design will be updated in this part of the jet (pictured in your post), with the landing gears moved further outward, especially if a more powerful 120 kn class (WS-19) engine becomes available similar to the Gripen NG?

View attachment 945949
I think the PAF will use the Block 3/B design with minimal to no overt design changes. I can see them add Turkish OBOGS, maybe, or some other internal changes. But the goal would be to use the existing design as much as possible to keep costs down. If the PAF needs a higher performing design, it'd buy more J-10CEs.

Precision in every breath!

A JF-17 Thunder carrying indigenously manufactured Al-Battar laser guided bomb along with Turkish Aselpod. This combination provides excellent precision strike capability against hardened targets i.e Bunkers and Shelters.
1692123709069.png

Powerful Glimpse of operational deployment at PAF Base Qadri.

Remember, it is one of the most feared air base by Indian Air Force due to its strategic location and natural protection by mesmerizing valleys against standoff strikes.
1692467474979.png

Hi,

I have used it on this forum & most often on this thread---Cunningham's Law---so I would like it to stay posted on this thread.

"Cunningham's Law"
"Cunningham is credited with the idea: "The best way to get the right answer on the Internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer." This refers to the observation that people are quicker to correct a wrong answer than to answer a question".

Congratulation to all Thunder riders, engineers and maintainer. It's been 20 years of round the clock service to the nation. From dazzling the audience in airshows to scoring multiple victories against hardened enemies, it has proved its worth!
1693075216108.png

JF-17 Block-II has given PAF the much-required extended operational reach with its air-to-air refueling capability.

Already equipped with a lethal standoff arsenal, these Thunders can now hit adversary at even far distances.
1693334878214.png

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom