What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For your tactics report I would only say that if you can guess it then how come are you expecting IAF to be blind to these aspects and unprepared? And I didn't do the comparison like that of a conventional and stealth platform where one side is completely blind. I am telling you that once MKI comes into the "detection only range" of KLJ-7v2, the JFT will already be well within a "no escape" range of the BARS-N011M. And unlike MKI, JFT has no adequate ECM capability to fool the missile or maneuverability/speed to dodge or evade it. Then there is the missile difference, SD-10 indeed is a great weapon but not in par with R77. Your comparison sounds like a test between two equally capable systems or merely different ones. 75km of "track range" to 200km of track range is a difference that you can't compensate through "words", & it's not just range here but also a 2 generations of gap between the technologies of both radars. Being bigger is not just about more fuel to stay longer in the air. It means many folds increase in radar range cuz of radar size and available power output, and also the liberty of going faster in order to give the missile a faster start that will enable it to exploit its full "theoretical range".

The JF17 s are having spanish Indra EW suite may be believed to be much capable.The Mig29s of IAF were even more capable than Pak F16s during Kargil War but IAF not dared to enter Pak territory or fire from 400KM away their superior missiles. Even Paf had no official BVR capability though some analysts claimed that PAF had some South African origin BVR missiles but with limited range.

PAF despite it;s deficiencies was competitive at that time and even know is still competitive. The MKI 400KM range is also debatable just like Russian BVR missiles.
PAF requires strings free plat form which it can improve with passage of time same is done here.

Moreover Gen Raheel Sharif has given free hand to NAB to check past dealings of Military officials same is done in some cases. The quiet progress is going on in case of DHA (Kiyani Brothers) further I suppose Gen Akbar Ex Wapda chairman brought back from some foreign country and recovery has been made. If some one is patriotic he should contact NAB with proof. Other wise without any solid proof the accuser should be dealt with iron hand.
The corruption in defence deals is even done in India and many other countries same issue was raised by me some time back but got no solid reply about my query.

Seems like HMD is in active service with J-10B but still not with JF-17
39452133d1c8ac97e9af77cb2e5d5990afa6b92374d1dc3963a5106daad826d588cd0f63.jpg

865610229f8be289e019fbcc5b3a7f45eb21959dee721eb1611f3d4e43883610cba3ee28.jpg

We also got the news that WS-13E may have achieved design certification and will begin production this year. It is said to be an improved version of WS-13 and achieves close to 9 ton in thrust (8.7 ton on original WS-13). That's compared to 8.3 ton on RD-93 and 9.3 ton on RD-93MA. This engine could be used on JF-17 or FC-31 or Lijian UCAV. Since this is still very early in its production cycle, it would be interesting to see where it will first be deployed on.

Posted by Feng

Seems like HMD is in active service with J-10B but still not with JF-17
39452133d1c8ac97e9af77cb2e5d5990afa6b92374d1dc3963a5106daad826d588cd0f63.jpg

865610229f8be289e019fbcc5b3a7f45eb21959dee721eb1611f3d4e43883610cba3ee28.jpg

The pilot if J-10 is not wearing a HMD, its normal chinese helmet, and the JF-17 # 229 is a PAF pilot thus his helmet is different, the ones which PAF pilots wear.

fc-1.jpg

We also got the news that WS-13E may have achieved design certification and will begin production this year. It is said to be an improved version of WS-13 and achieves close to 9 ton in thrust (8.7 ton on original WS-13). That's compared to 8.3 ton on RD-93 and 9.3 ton on RD-93MA. This engine could be used on JF-17 or FC-31 or Lijian UCAV. Since this is still very early in its production cycle, it would be interesting to see where it will first be deployed on.

Posted by Feng
when is the rd-93ma being used on the jf-17? and the ws-13 wont be used on the jf-17 as its too costly to swap engines and theres no need to. most likely pakistan would see the ws-13 series engines on the j-31 if you should choose to have it.
but i read it will be 100kn thrust on the j31. also what about the al-222-95f that motor sich is building in china? its was being made to suit the jf-17.

fc-1.jpg

when is the rd-93ma being used on the jf-17? and the ws-13 wont be used on the jf-17 as its too costly to swap engines and theres no need to. most likely pakistan would see the ws-13 series engines on the j-31 if you should choose to have it.
but i read it will be 100kn thrust on the j31. also what about the al-222-95f that motor sich is building in china? its was being made to suit the jf-17.
There will be no swap but will use in new production of JF-17, may be in block III.

Many of the chinese forums and even some chinese official has already confirmed that one of the FC-1 / JF-17 is already test flying the new chinese engine.

Paris Air Show 2015: JF-17 fighter flying with indigenous Chinese turbofan | IHS Jane's 360

So they know what they are doing and how to do it and what are its limitations with respect to design.
yes i know the ws-13 has bee strapped onto the jf-17 yes i know it was confirmed in the paris airshow.

but my argument is that the ws13 engine wont be using on jf-17's for Pakistan as there no need and the cost of installing an engine and the hassle of having one platform with two engines will be problem. what i think is the ws-13 or the al-222-95f would appear in the j31 and jf-17 's to customers who request it. this will make the jf-17 a 100% Chinese product with no dependance on any foreign parts, such as the Russian engine or the Spanish ew suite or the British ejection seat.

yes i know the ws-13 has bee strapped onto the jf-17 yes i know it was confirmed in the paris airshow.

but my argument is that the ws13 engine wont be using on jf-17's for Pakistan as there no need and the cost of installing an engine and the hassle of having one platform with two engines will be problem. what i think is the ws-13 or the al-222-95f would appear in the j31 and jf-17 's to customers who request it. this will make the jf-17 a 100% Chinese product with no dependance on any foreign parts, such as the Russian engine or the Spanish ew suite or the British ejection seat.

It may not be used for now on our JF-17s, but in future if its performance and cost benefit factors favor PAF, then i don't see why it can't be used in our JF-17s. It all depends on its performance & long term benefit to us.

And the purpose of FC-1 & JF-17 is this, one wholly Chinese system from A to Z and another modular design which can be tailored if the client wants and if the supplier agrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom