What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asalam O Alikum

JFT should have used the Refueling probe similar to Tornado 46+36, As it would create minimum drag and no distraction in the Pilot's view

7473866714_147377d1ba_b.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

AGM-88_and_AIM-9_on_Tornado.jpg

3gam4755.jpg

Regards

Asalam O Alikum

JFT should have used the Refueling probe similar to Tornado 46+36, As it would create minimum drag and no distraction in the Pilot's view

Regards

Engineering in any field (chemical, medical, automotive, etc) is a compromise. It is a trade-off advantages and dis-advantages (technical risk/complexity, availability, reliability, costs, weight, etc.) of each solution, then settling for the optimum.

Engineering in any field (chemical, medical, automotive, etc) is a compromise. It is a trade-off advantages and dis-advantages (technical risk/complexity, availability, reliability, costs, weight, etc.) of each solution, then settling for the optimum.

Asalam O Alikum

Do you believe the current solution is optimum solution. I gave Tornado as example because the core reason which was being stated by PAF was JFT can't house Refueling probe internally because of space issue so i found these pictures which is outside of the AC but at the same time it will be attached to AC body seemingly creating minimum drag and minor effect on AC performance. A minor increase in cost while getting these advantages are pretty good.

Regards

Last edited:
Asalam O Alikum

Do you believe the current solution is optimum solution. I Tornado example because the core reason which was being stated by PAF was JFT can't house Refueling probe internally because of space issue so i found these pictures which is outside of the AC but at the same time it will be attached to AC body seemingly creating minimum drag and minor effect on AC performance. A minor increase in cost while getting these advantages are pretty good.

Regards
There are some hydraulics in there to extend and retract that probe.

500 lbs weight for the system on the CH-47 chopper. Will see if I can find data on a fixed system or comparison
Weight of retractable ifr.JPG

Last edited:
There are some hydraulics in there to extend and retract that probe.

500 lbs weight for the system on the CH-47 chopper. Will see if I can find data on a fixed system or comparison
View attachment 298288

Asalam O Alikum

Are you giving example of almost 40 feet long Refueling probe ?

Capture.JPG

avch47_5.jpg

mh-47-chinook-helicopter.jpg

Here are the dimensions of JFT:

Physical Parameters
Length 49 ft
Height 15.5 ft
Wingspan 31 ft

So above Refueling probe is only 9ft short wrt to JFT. I am sure this kind of refueling probe will not be used on JFT.

Regards

Last edited:
Asalam O Alikum

Do you believe the current solution is optimum solution. I gave Tornado as example because the core reason which was being stated by PAF was JFT can't house Refueling probe internally because of space issue so i found these pictures which is outside of the AC but at the same time it will be attached to AC body seemingly creating minimum drag and minor effect on AC performance. A minor increase in cost while getting these advantages are pretty good.

Regards

Hi,

The example that you gave would have been an excellent solution---a surprisingly effective solution at that. as well.

The someone miss the information available!!!

Asalam O Alikum

Are you giving example of almost 40 feet long Refueling probe ?

View attachment 298333

avch47_5.jpg

mh-47-chinook-helicopter.jpg

Here are the dimensions of JFT:

Physical Parameters
Length 49 ft
Height 15.5 ft
Wingspan 31 ft

So above Refueling probe is only 9ft short wrt to JFT. I am sure this kind of refueling probe will not be used on JFT.

Regards
Well noted. I would still like to know the weight and volumetric difference between the retractable and the fixed.

The video of the Thunder in KSA is interesting. I think this is the first Multinational exercise in which the thunder participated. Also the Omar El Bashir (next to Nawaz Sharif) was like "this shit is crazy". The Moroccan and Jordanian kings also looked like they were thoroughly interested in the display (we know Morocco is interested in the aircraft, maybe Jordan is as well).

Last edited:
The video of the Thunder in KSA is interesting. I think this is the first Multinational exercise in which the thunder participated. Also the Omar El Bashir (next to Nawaz Sharif) was like "this shit is crazy". The Moroccan and Jordanian kings also looked like they were thoroughly interested in the display (we know Morocco is interested in the aircraft, maybe Jordan is as well).

Alas, least interested guy appeared to be our own Prime Minister. Looked like he was dragged into this place by force.

Alas, least interested guy appeared to be our own Prime Minister. Looked like he was dragged into this place by force.
I beg to differ with you not for any personal affiliation .NS is a business man and in the video he was very keen in sharing some info like this is our place we make it our selves bla bla ,You have to understand the agenda was not to sell but to create buzz which i think he did by answering to (black guy next to him) Sorry I'm not racist since i am not sure this Honourable Gentle man was who but his excitement was something to be seen

Asalam O Alikum

7473866714_147377d1ba_b.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

AGM-88_and_AIM-9_on_Tornado.jpg

3gam4755.jpg

Regards
If you notice , the distance between the probe and air intake is lot more than what you ll get in JF 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom