What's new

JF-17 Thunder Multirole Fighter [Thread 5]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that all the speculation about the purported block-II is from a model and that too with disproportionate dimensions. :disagree:

I actually cant wait for the real block-II as it will leave many quite disappointed when it looks not much different from a block-I. But then again, that will leave another round of people fantasizing about block-III being some Super Super Hornet avionics and TVC equivalent.

Plain interviews of PAF officials are available on what the system is to be. It will look not much different in aerodynamics from the Block-I. It may have a IFR probe. It will have improved avionics in terms of ECM and weapons compatibility(that will all be retrofitted to block-I machines) and it will carry the same KLJ-7 radar with some additional software improvements(some of which have already been done with the block-I after the slowdown in the program).
i have seen budget of Jf-17 thunder block 2 on wikipedia it`s mean soon we will see JF-17 thunder Block 2

Ill add a line to wikipedia saying "tana le loo loo le la , Hoo ha Hoo ha thunder" then you can say that too.

Chill man what you write in wiki gets verified ab aesa bhi kuch nai hogaya dude.

The Actual Creator of the page is notified regarding a change request

Chill man what you write in wiki gets verified ab aesa bhi kuch nai hogaya dude.

The Actual Creator of the page is notified regarding a change request

And who is the actual creator to ensure that exact information is kept?

"At present the WS-10A remains the only indigenously developed engine in series production, with a number of other projects, notably the WS-13 - the intended replacement for the RD-93 - delayed. There have been numerous indications that the domestic aero-engine industry has begun work on a number of powerplants for the next generation of Chinese combat aircraft. However, it seems likely that progress will remain slow relative to wider aerospace manufacturing capabilities. The entry into series production of the J-20 may well be dictated more by the ability of AVIC to develop and manufacture a suitable and reliable powerplant than by the development of the
airframe and systems of the aircraft.
Building robust capabilities in this area will also be crucial in expanding Chinese exports in the military aerospace market, with the lack of control over this key element of the supply chain acting as an impediment to independence. While Beijing has been keen to promote the JF-17 to potential foreign customers in recent years, the aircraft's Russian-made RD-93 engine ostensibly provides Moscow with a veto over potential sales of the aircraft, which in many markets is a competitor for Russian offerings. This awkward dynamic has arguably been a key reason behind the continued sales of the increasingly technologically obsolete F-7, with final deliveries of the mostrecent F-7BGI variant completed during 2013."
JDW

If the people still want to pay more for Mig29 (fuel, price, maintenance) then let them... Every plane has its market. I do not think that WS13 is far behind schedule.They are flying it since 2011. You do not get good engines with a big bang theory. Look at Kaveri.

It is not against you Fatman17 but JD. JD has been degraded and is hardly seen as reliable info these days. Just liek in the past you had to visit Keyma g forum to see latest. Now it is garbage. And frankly pakde f is no far from keyma g. All the seniors are quiet.

I started to have a feeling that key pub is kept alive by a handful of biased indians , Meinhaj being the lone crusader-- anyway as youve mentioned janes, can some one post the old pic of a pod on paf mirage posted by janes -- I think the image link is dead now from capabilities of mirage thread--ty

People underestimate how long development projects take. And also for defence or indeed civil project, companies are often not in the business of publicizing every little step and test. Here is an old article (but should give a good idea on development lead-time) on the APG-68 development adding upto 30 months to finish testing. i.e. before volume production can start. Yes, that is 15 years ago but equally we are talking of large and well respected American corporations here. So, in this day and age, the like of China and Pakistan would easily still need 30 months or more for something like upgrading the KLJ-7 and even more to upgrade the whole JF-17 on a number of subsystems.
30 months' development.JPG

Reactions: HRK
Hi,

That is where integration comes into force first of all.

But before that---the cancellation of the french contract hurt the JF 17 bad----. PAF had to start all over.

We have discussion going on here that a non-friendly Middle Eastern country helped PAF with the ECM on JF-17s, with senior members saying that country is Israel. If we can get that cooperation going, then why not French?

French are being very arrogant. They have yet to find an export customer for Rafale. By denying Pakistan the avionics, they are only hurting themselves. The same cash they could earn, is now going to Israelis (allegedly) and Chinese of course.

If the people still want to pay more for Mig29 (fuel, price, maintenance) then let them... Every plane has its market. I do not think that WS13 is far behind schedule.They are flying it since 2011. You do not get good engines with a big bang theory. Look at Kaveri.

It is not against you Fatman17 but JD. JD has been degraded and is hardly seen as reliable info these days. Just liek in the past you had to visit Keyma g forum to see latest. Now it is garbage. And frankly pakde f is no far from keyma g. All the seniors are quiet.

Sorry for off-topic post.

H Khan is 50% of PakDef. He has chased away anyone who did not agree with him. The mods thought that Musharraf's son visiting the forum was a big deal. That is why it was such a big pro-Musharraf forum. I liked the sober atmosphere of that forum, but you had to agree with mods to exist there. I saw a lot of kameenagi on part of the mods. PakDef could go the way of dodo and nobody would care.

Sorry again. I just had to say it.

@Munir, indeed WS-13 seems to be on the back-burner. There is no news about it in such a long time. As far as PAF in concerned, there is no immediate threat. Plus they are already putting in place sourcing strategy in case Russia acts unpredictably and impacts parts supply. We know that WS-13 is the safe and better choice, but alas Pakistan needs to put up money for its development, it seems. And that is the major problem. But even beside that, RD-93 is a very mature and dependable engine. We can not say the same for WS-13.

We have discussion going on here that a non-friendly Middle Eastern country helped PAF with the ECM on JF-17s, with senior members saying that country is Israel. If we can get that cooperation going, then why not French?

French are being very arrogant. They have yet to find an export customer for Rafale. By denying Pakistan the avionics, they are only hurting themselves. The same cash they could earn, is now going to Israelis (allegedly) and Chinese of course.

French fell pray to Indians, their fault, jf-17 project goes along well despite satbacks, run or crawl, its moving ahead well.

Sorry for off-topic post.

@Munir, indeed WS-13 seems to be on the back-burner. There is no news about it in such a long time. As far as PAF in concerned, there is no immediate threat. Plus they are already putting in place sourcing strategy in case Russia acts unpredictably and impacts parts supply. We know that WS-13 is the safe and better choice, but alas Pakistan needs to put up money for its development, it seems. And that is the major problem. But even beside that, RD-93 is a very mature and dependable engine. We can not say the same for WS-13.

Being tested on PT-04 for 2 years at Ghizhao facility, well under way.

Last edited:
French fell pray to Indians, their fault, jf-17 project goes along well despite satbacks, run or crawl, its moving ahead well.

Being tested on PT-04 for 2 years at Ghizhao facility, well under way.

As far as I know there were three nations testing the plane in 2013 with the WS13 as the powerplant. BD, Sri Lanka and one African nation. Even if the engine is not comparable to western standards, Russian standards it has probably a much lower price. A lot less maintenance. And less depending on top quality fuel.

People underestimate how long development projects take. And also for defence or indeed civil project, companies are often not in the business of publicizing every little step and test. Here is an old article (but should give a good idea on development lead-time) on the APG-68 development adding upto 30 months to finish testing. i.e. before volume production can start. Yes, that is 15 years ago but equally we are talking of large and well respected American corporations here. So, in this day and age, the like of China and Pakistan would easily still need 30 months or more for something like upgrading the KLJ-7 and even more to upgrade the whole JF-17 on a number of subsystems.
View attachment 11498

My friend,
The Chinese can open a can of thousands of engineers that work almost 24/7. They have a lot more resources or knowledge now then the Americans back then. To post something new. The JF17 project had postponed holidays and weekends (and even marriages) so they could finish the production aircraft on time. I doubt other did that.

Actually, the French still don't have a firm contract in hand, from India. Would have been better if they had supplied PAF what it wanted, in those 6-8 years that it took India to get the (still pending) contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom